The Student Room Group

what shoes/trainers are currently trendy for everyday wear?

I've owned my pair of black vans and white converse for many years and both are getting a bit worn/falling apart. Think its time for me to invest in another pair, i'd like something with not as flat of a base as my feet seem to hurt a lot these days. any suggestions?

edit: just to clarify, im a girl! if that makes any difference :P

edit 2: im also very short! (5'3) - thinking of venturing away from completely flat soles, iv seen people wear ones that look thicker (/flatform?) or maybe its jsut other brands im not too familiar with having only ever worn vans/converse both of which have very flat soles so not the most comfy if youre walking(/partying) a lot. oh also - iv never had a problem getting into clubs wearing either of my vans/converse, would the other brands have this problem?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

maybe a pair of Nike Roshes
they look nice imo
I wear my black vans everywhere. They're comfy af and once they break, I just buy a new pair xD
Reply 3
Was gunna say black vans, classic

Hipster stuff coming into fashion now like reebok classics n Stan smiths, I remember when reebok classics were the chavviest shoes going, gone full circle

Also Nike janoskis are nice, if you like vans you should like them

Lol @hxf I'm exactly the same, on my like 6th pair, they break so easily but worth it
Original post by Toshiber
Was gunna say black vans, classic

Lol @hxf I'm exactly the same, on my like 6th pair, they break so easily but worth it

I'm on my 6th pair too lol. I own Vans, 4 pairs of heels, 2 pairs of boots and that's about it :biggrin: I limit myself in terms of choice.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
I see black vans/ black converses everywhere
can never go wrong with flats...
Reply 6
Brown leather shoes > all else
Original post by Alexion
Brown leather shoes > all else

Classy :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by hxfsxh
I'm on my 6th pair too lol. I own Vans, 4 pairs of heels, 2 pairs of boots and that's about it :biggrin:

I like your style 8-)

Think last semester I wore a single pair of vans.. I really need to switch up a bit
Original post by Toshiber
I like your style 8-)

Think last semester I wore a single pair of vans.. I really need to switch up a bit

I like your style too :wink:
I said that last year and instead of buying black vans, I bought a pair of burgundy vans :tongue:
Original post by hxfsxh
Classy :tongue:

Actually tbh faux leather ones with outdoor soles are more my sorta thing (look the part but are practical too :h:)

But ye I'm a man of style (even if that style is rather outdated lol)
Original post by Alexion
Actually tbh faux leather ones with outdoor soles are more my sorta thing (look the part but are practical too :h:)

But ye I'm a man of style (even if that style is rather outdated lol)

Its a pretty cool style imo xD and its slowly coming back into fashion so soon you'll be the most fashionable guy around :tongue:
Original post by hxfsxh
Its a pretty cool style imo xD and its slowly coming back into fashion so soon you'll be the most fashionable guy around :tongue:

Woo :woo: that'd be a first :rofl:

Spoiler

Reply 14
sounds like everyone replying is male! I was hoping for some girly fashion advice hah
I'm just gonna post my option again...
Nike Roshe's perhaps

Got that slight heel you're after
Original post by tpxvs
I've owned my pair of black vans and white converse for many years and both are getting a bit worn/falling apart. Think its time for me to invest in another pair, i'd like something with not as flat of a base as my feet seem to hurt a lot these days. any suggestions?

edit: just to clarify, im a girl! if that makes any difference :P

edit 2: im also very short! (5'3) - thinking of venturing away from completely flat soles, iv seen people wear ones that look thicker (/flatform?) or maybe its jsut other brands im not too familiar with having only ever worn vans/converse both of which have very flat soles so not the most comfy if youre walking(/partying) a lot. oh also - iv never had a problem getting into clubs wearing either of my vans/converse, would the other brands have this problem?

Chelsea boots have been very popular this season with the girls as well as creepers, but converses and vans are always in though so you can't go wrong with those choices. Clubs usually don't mind what shoes you wear unless they are trainers (white)
Original post by tpxvs
sounds like everyone replying is male! I was hoping for some girly fashion advice hah

I'm a girl! Though my shoe style is quite masculine xD
Try wearing Chelsea boots or something of the like. They'll make you taller and are fashionable :smile:
Air Max 90 <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending