The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Economics Unit 4 (23rd June 2016)

How are people revising for this?

Scroll to see replies

What worked for me last year was writting notes/ watching videos etc. to understand the theory. Then do as many past papers as possible, both contexts.

also had the MC to worry about last year.
Original post by Sandman23
What worked for me last year was writting notes/ watching videos etc. to understand the theory. Then do as many past papers as possible, both contexts.

also had the MC to worry about last year.

would you mind sharing your notes or pictures of them? especially on globalisation and tips on 25 markers because i can't seem to get above 18 on them! also which videos did you use?

Original post by Shreya Randev
would you mind sharing your notes or pictures of them? especially on globalisation and tips on 25 markers because i can't seem to get above 18 on them! also which videos did you use?

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I have been away.

To clarify: the notes i took were for my AS levels (I am A2) now.

Videos i recomend are Tutor2u and econplusdal.

Structure for a 25 i stick by is:

INTRO: 2/3 definitions in complete context, could also do a diagram

MAIN TEXT: 2/3 points for and against the idea. state the idea, analize it and evaluate it.

CONCLUDE: Summarize your arguments with strong evaluation

I am finding for this year, wider reading (facts and figures in real life) are pivotal to the exam.

Hope this helped
Reply 4
Hi, sorry for the late reply, I have been away.

To clarify: the notes i took were for my AS levels (I am A2) now.

Videos i recomend are Tutor2u and econplusdal.

Structure for a 25 i stick by is:

INTRO: 2/3 definitions in complete context, could also do a diagram

MAIN TEXT: 2/3 points for and against the idea. state the idea, analize it and evaluate it.

CONCLUDE: Summarize your arguments with strong evaluation

I am finding for this year, wider reading (facts and figures in real life) are pivotal to the exam.

Hope this helped

The structure for the 25 marker this year for A2 is exactly the same as for AS?
Also if you don't mind me asking, what UMS did you get in AS?
Yes - to my understanding. Although the structure is the same, it requires much deeper analysis and evaluation, both written and diagrams.

173 give or take a UMS.
Reply 6
Yes - to my understanding. Although the structure is the same, it requires much deeper analysis and evaluation, both written and diagrams.

173 give or take a UMS.

Ah right cool - though I find that when I write my 25 markers, I usually separate my analysis and evaluation into separate paragraphs rather than having everything together.

How long do you think you should spend on the 25 markers?

For AS the multiple choice saved me, I practically memorised all answers in past papers and spent 8 mins on that, 2 mins on 5 marker, 3 mins on 8 marker, 12 mins on 12 marker (give or take) and then the rest of the 50 mins on the 25 marker, and even then I kept on writing until the last second of the exam :/ of course a few mins must have also been spent on reading and choosing the context also...

I managed 197/200 :smile: (but wasn't expecting this - especially after that Econ1 exam)
Wow, incredible UMS!

Yes, to my understanding as long as you apply and evaluate, you get the marks.

I would say 25-35 mins is the threshold to aim for, dependent on the time you left yourself.

Congrats again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also - I hated the multiple choice! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Haha thanks :smile: and wow 25 mins goes sooooo fast :/ gonna have to practice loads to get that quick! And thanks again :smile:

Anyway I got a content Q:
Increase in Interest rates (for pounds) causes more hot money flows as people want to save in this currency (pounds) so that they get a greater interest on their money.
Does this affect the supply or demand for money (pounds)?
Yes that's usually what I try for, but I'm in the unusual position of being able to have extra time which helps!

I would say increased demand for pounds, as if there are more hot money flows, people are demanding pounds to benefit from the higher interest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Yes that's usually what I try for, but I'm in the unusual position of being able to have extra time which helps!

I would say increased demand for pounds, as if there are more hot money flows, people are demanding pounds to benefit from the higher interest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright thanks :smile: but what if there are hot money outflows, would that be an increase in supply?
Yes - as, in essence, you are buying other currency with sterling therefore increasing the supply of sterling

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unit 3 & 4 June 2015 Paper????
Reply 14
Yes - as, in essence, you are buying other currency with sterling therefore increasing the supply of sterling

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are the determinants of supply and demand of money? I'm confused as my textbook says an increase in demand for imports increases the supply of pounds?
Yes that is true, increased demand for goods produced in other countries (imports) means you are essentially buying their currency with your own thus increasing the supply

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Yes that is true, increased demand for goods produced in other countries (imports) means you are essentially buying their currency with your own thus increasing the supply

Posted from TSR Mobile

Citizens with rights to live and work anywhere in EU a good thing for UK economy?
Is this an essay question? Or just out of interest?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Is this an essay question? Or just out of interest?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah not a specific Question, but it's something we can evaluate on when talking about how being within EU affects the economy if we ever have a question relating to EU right?
Reply 19
Hi, question on a very old 30 mark question, however, still relevant!
Discuss the view that, as an economy approaches full employment, inflation will inevitable accelerate. (Does this refer to the economy when we are at the natural rate of employment so there is no need to discuss ways in which the natural rate of unemployment and LRPC can shift? If so, do we are focus upon how rising unemployment such as a closing negative output gap and how this increases demand side and cost push inflation….?. Thus, would we’d discuss perhaps wage bargaining driving up costs as the labour pool reduces in size, adding cost push inflation? Then how growing confidence and more disposable income can cause demand side pressures so demand pull inflation etc? Then this can lead to the wage price spiral and just evaluation in the form of other components of aggregate demand that might not change e.g we might see a rise in AD however, if high propensity to consume imports then AD may not actually rise as much. Also, depends upon supply side of the economy e.g firms may respond to rising demand and actually invest more and they might have subsidies from the government and depends if the Government introduce supply side policies or not. Sorry, someone please help me I don't know if i'm right or totally wrong

Quick Reply

Latest