The Student Room Group

Why do I proceed to date guys when I'm gay??

I really enjoy their company I guess... but I never have any "feelings" for them and then a couple weeks later I have to break it to them :| I've gone out with a girl and I felt like an actual connection (the butterflies, nervousness etc) but it never went further than 2 dates and I'm not sure why. Maybe I'm bisexual. Or maybe its because guys mostly ask me on dates and finding other bisexual/lesbian girls seems impossible >.> But to this day I've never had any real feelings for a guy but I still proceed to go on dates with them etc Or maybe I'm just asexual :lol: Or maybe I just haven't found the right guy? Although I've met some really awesome guys and I've really wanted to have feelings for them but couldn't exactly force myself. I'm just really confused.
If you're not sure of your sexuality, it's best to experiment and find out what you like! Just make sure you don't lead people on - they need to know if you don't want to be with them, or if you just want to experiment etc.
Original post by Anonymous
I really enjoy their company I guess... but I never have any "feelings" for them and then a couple weeks later I have to break it to them :| I've gone out with a girl and I felt like an actual connection (the butterflies, nervousness etc) but it never went further than 2 dates and I'm not sure why. Maybe I'm bisexual. Or maybe its because guys mostly ask me on dates and finding other bisexual/lesbian girls seems impossible >.> But to this day I've never had any real feelings for a guy but I still proceed to go on dates with them etc Or maybe I'm just asexual :lol: Or maybe I just haven't found the right guy? Although I've met some really awesome guys and I've really wanted to have feelings for them but couldn't exactly force myself. I'm just really confused.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsory_heterosexuality
Ahh this was basically me about 5 years ago haha.

I'm guessing you're young and stuck in your hometown... By the sounds of things, you need to experiment a bit to find out where you are, but opportunities for that will come in time :smile: Good luck working things out!
Reply 4
Original post by Pseudo-truth
Ahh this was basically me about 5 years ago haha.

I'm guessing you're young and stuck in your hometown... By the sounds of things, you need to experiment a bit to find out where you are, but opportunities for that will come in time :smile: Good luck working things out!

what was the outcome?
Original post by Anonymous
what was the outcome?

Ermm I moved to uni, messed around for a bit, but ended up with a girl I really like :smile: We're engaged now and tbh I wouldn't look back.
Reply 6
Original post by Pseudo-truth
Ermm I moved to uni, messed around for a bit, but ended up with a girl I really like :smile: We're engaged now and tbh I wouldn't look back.

Aww that's lovely :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending