The Student Room Group

Cerelle pill

I started taking cerelle 2 weeks ago yesterday on the first day of my period. I had sex on day eight. My period came and went as usual but the four days later I have started to bleed again but the blood is not red in colour it's dark brown and thick and it doesn't seem to be coming out very quick. I have also been feeling sicky and tired. Has anyone else experienced this as I am getting worried now. Any help or advice that anyone could give me please.
It sounds like one of the 'starting taking a progesterone-only pill' issues that some women get. It will probably stop over the next month or two, but if you're worried, see your GP / whoever prescribed it.
Reply 2
Original post by unprinted
It sounds like one of the 'starting taking a progesterone-only pill' issues that some women get. It will probably stop over the next month or two, but if you're worried, see your GP / whoever prescribed it.

Thank you for your reply
I have been on Cerelle for about 3 years now, and the first month or two was this constant spotting and it being dark in colour. it's nothing to worry about, by next month your body will be used to it and all will be well :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Fugey123
I have been on Cerelle for about 3 years now, and the first month or two was this constant spotting and it being dark in colour. it's nothing to worry about, by next month your body will be used to it and all will be well :smile:

Thank you. Do you still get ur monthly period or has it stopped?
Original post by Dasiymoomoo
Thank you. Do you still get ur monthly period or has it stopped?

My period stopped about the second/third month of taking Cerelle and I haven't had one since!
Reply 6
My period stopped about the second/third month of taking Cerelle and I haven't had one since!

Thank you so much for you replies I feel a lot better now hearing that someone else has had the same as me. X
Thank you so much for you replies I feel a lot better now hearing that someone else has had the same as me. X

We're all different, but what's happening to you is natural! And things will start to settle down soon once your body has accepted the pill properly. Any other questions about this just let me know, I'm happy to help :h: x
Reply 8
We're all different, but what's happening to you is natural! And things will start to settle down soon once your body has accepted the pill properly. Any other questions about this just let me know, I'm happy to help :h: x

Did you have pains in your Lower back and stomach a bit like period pains? X
Did you have pains in your Lower back and stomach a bit like period pains? X

I have never in my life once experienced any period pains, I was very lucky, and I have never received any of these pains on the pill either x

Quick Reply

Latest