The Student Room Group

What romantic things do men do these days?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
sex,kisses,bring roses on dates,give foot massages.depends on the guy.not every guy is romantic.

Isn't this cringey?
Present her with a high level rare in an MMO.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Indeterminate
Candlelight dinners :h:

Excuse me, but candlelight suppers are a speciality of mine and mine alone!

In any case, would you join my husband and I in a superlative evening of excellent music, caviar, good company and rounded off with an exquisite candlelight supper?
Original post by Sisuphos
Isn't this cringey?

Comeon, it depends on the girl clearly. Some would find it awfully cringe; some would really appreciate the thought and enjoy the sentiment for what it is. Perhaps try and ask them before-hand how much of a romantic they are? If someone claims to be a hopeless romantic then they're saying they'd probably like all the cringe tyvm :biggrin:
Original post by Ya Dunno Mum
Romance is cringe, have you ever seen a Bollywood movie?

Lol.. and that's why you think romance is cringe.
bear™ knows how to treat a lady. he gives them an individual gift wrapped cheese selection at the end of the date.
Isn't this cringey?

You kids make me siiiiick.
I'm a big one for poetry but that's only to someone I know really well. :colondollar: (reciting, not writing.)

Unfortunately, unless you're in a deep relationship most of the explicitly romantic stuff seems rather cheesey and generic.

I've always found letter writing to be rather sexy, though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 28
drop their best guns for you on CS:GO :love:
Original post by xobeauty

..What, I didn't say it is, I asked!
Original post by hxfsxh
Bollywood is pure joke xD

The way they try so hard makes it funny, but Bollywood movies are nothing compared to the dramatization of Indian series.
Original post by ivy.98
drop their best guns for you on CS:GO :love:

Original post by Hyacinth Bucket
Excuse me, but candlelight suppers are a speciality of mine and mine alone!

In any case, would you join my husband and I in a superlative evening of excellent music, caviar, good company and rounded off with an exquisite candlelight supper?

Hello Mrs Buck

I would like to invite you to a kebab in front the TV evening.

Dress code: Onesie

My speciality.
Original post by Ya Dunno Mum
The way they try so hard makes it funny, but Bollywood movies are nothing compared to the dramatization of Indian series.

OMG YES. Wacky camera angles and the black and white moments and the facial expressions. Wow.
Original post by xobeauty

I agree.
Kids these days!

And people wonder why marriages don't last these days!
As you all know, my husband and I will be an entity for eternity.
Reply 35
When I first got with one of my exes he used to write me songs and sing to me and stuff. After that it was simple things like surprising me by with food I like and stuff. When he went away for uni we texted obvs but we also wrote each other letters and they were really sweet. I still have them.

Another ex of mine was big on flowers, and cooking for me! He took me dancing (like, actual ballroom dancing kinda thing) once
..What, I didn't say it is, I asked!

How would that be cringey in anyway shape or form? it will make her feel nice... Waking up to beautiful flowers given by someone she likes, seeing them would make her smile first thing in the morning. I would think.
Original post by stefano865
Hello Mrs Buck

I would like to invite you to a kebab in front the TV evening.

Dress code: Onesie

My speciality.

It's Bouquet!

I am NOT pleased at being invited to such lower middle class evening entertainment!
They do the Netflix and chill. How romantic..
It's the little gestures for me. Like the fact that every time we go back to his if it's cold, first thing he'll do is make me a hot water bottle and find me some fluffy socks. He'll stroke my arm or leg if we're on the sofa watching something. Makes sure there is always some cider or wine for me in his house even though he doesn't drink that. Kisses on the cheek if we're out and about. I don't want massive gestures since they would make me feel uncomfortable, but if he's consistently showing that he cares, then that's enough for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending