The Student Room Group

access to science

is access to science a good pathway and is it hard and what degree pathways can you get into?
It's good if you want to study a science degree.
It is hard if you are not very clever, not so hard if you are.
You can get into all undergraduate science degrees but only at 95ish% of universities.
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
It's good if you want to study a science degree.
It is hard if you are not very clever, not so hard if you are.
You can get into all undergraduate science degrees but only at 95ish% of universities.

Okay thanks
Reply 3
I'm doing this now. It is quite challenging if I'm honest, but it does set you up well for university I think.
The layout of the course is pretty full on, because you're fitting everything into one year, but doable. I do chemistry and biology with core maths, there is also a tutorial group every week where we do assessments on writing skills and presentations (really easy).
You do two sets of exams, we just did ours a couple of weeks ago and there is the next set of exams in June. They have been a bit difficult for a lot of people but the plus side is you get to re-sit them if you don't do as well as you need to.
There are a load of degrees you can apply for, in just my class there are people that have had offers for places on: chemistry, biomed, biochem, optometry, pharmacy, dietetics, forensics etc. I'm not sure about people from other colleges, but the people in my class that I know of have had offers from Leeds, Sheffield, York, Manchester, Liverpool, Nottingham, Surrey etc. I'm sure there are others, but this is just the people I speak to.
What degree is it you are interested in? :smile:
I am interested in nursing or health care science
Reply 5
Original post by glamourprincess
I am interested in nursing or health care science

Do you have any experience in either field? Unis value experience, particularly for mature students
Original post by Tw1x
Do you have any experience in either field? Unis value experience, particularly for mature students

I volunteer in a care home

Quick Reply

Latest