The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mmaryam
I'm going for the selection day tomorrow as well but mines at 13:00.

I'm so nervous :s-smilie::s-smilie:
I'm not really sure what to expect for the group discussion. Can you go in a little more detail please?
Not the actual questions cos that won't be really fair..
But like...how many people are there in a group? What kind of activities were you told to do during it??

Thank you soo much for your help xx
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not allowed to say much as we signed a non disclosure agreement in afraid :frown: but what I will say is that the groups were really small. There's a talk about the course before you go in for your interview . The group discussion is very laid back and casual, and like I said the interviewers are super reassuring. Just make sure you have great posture and eye contact with the people who are speaking because they are looking out for those signs, make sure you smile and give a few reassuring nods to those who are speaking, and try and ask questions at the end! Sorry I couldn't say more, but you have nothing to worry about, good luck and let me know how it goes! Xx
Original post by crc0216
I haven't had tests but I had confirmation to send more documents

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, that is a more positive sign! I'm sure they will get back to you very soon. A friend of mine also applied for nursing at Beds but for her to get a date, it took quite some time. Keep us updated :smile:
Original post by Nanodae
Well, that is a more positive sign! I'm sure they will get back to you very soon. A friend of mine also applied for nursing at Beds but for her to get a date, it took quite some time. Keep us updated :smile:

I will do, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ettaxo
I'm not allowed to say much as we signed a non disclosure agreement in afraid :frown: but what I will say is that the groups were really small. There's a talk about the course before you go in for your interview . The group discussion is very laid back and casual, and like I said the interviewers are super reassuring. Just make sure you have great posture and eye contact with the people who are speaking because they are looking out for those signs, make sure you smile and give a few reassuring nods to those who are speaking, and try and ask questions at the end! Sorry I couldn't say more, but you have nothing to worry about, good luck and let me know how it goes! Xx

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it!!! Hopefully, I get accepted on to the course, I really hope so.

Are you firming City? And if so, what nursing branch??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mmaryam
Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it!!! Hopefully, I get accepted on to the course, I really hope so.

Are you firming City? And if so, what nursing branch??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it depends on if I get accepted to kings or not! If I do then city will probably be my insurance, if not then it will be my firm. I'm doing child nursing! How about you?
Original post by Ettaxo
Well it depends on if I get accepted to kings or not! If I do then city will probably be my insurance, if not then it will be my firm. I'm doing child nursing! How about you?

Child Nurse applicant here as well!! :ahee::ahee:

I've applied for Kings as well with my selection day being the day after the City one...And my Middlesex Interview the week after. I was hoping to take a breather after my interviews are over and done with but the waiting is probably even more intense!!!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mmaryam
Child Nurse applicant here as well!! :ahee::ahee:

I've applied for Kings as well with my selection day being the day after the City one...And my Middlesex Interview the week after. I was hoping to take a breather after my interviews are over and done with but the waiting is probably even more intense!!!
Posted from TSR Mobile

I had my last interview on Thursday (kings) and I'm so relieved! I know it's hard not to worry while you're waiting for an offer but I'm just so over this whole process, I'm not stressed about it. Whatever happens, happens and I'm sure you'll do so well wherever you go! Good luck in your other interviews ☺️
Original post by CaitlinN15
What branch? And I've been waiting since October ahah. But thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Highland campus, adult nursing! Goood luck.
[QUOTE=Eilidhskye;62575461]Highland campus, adult nursing! Goood luck.

Hey :smile: did you apply for the main Stirling campus too or just the highland campus?
Original post by ohill1
Really? What type of questions do they ask?

They said they change the questions every time but it's mainly just your opinions on things and what you would do in that situation :smile:
Original post by eilidhr99
Hey :smile: did you apply for the main Stirling campus too or just the highland campus?

Just the highland campus, stirling is too far away for me to move 😛 what about you?
[QUOTE=Eilidhskye;62578423]Just the highland campus, stirling is too far away for me to move 😛 what about you?

I applied to both! I had an interview for the main campus and when I was there I asked if my interview counted for both the campuses and she said it should but she wasn't 100% sure, so just wondered if anyone else was in the same position haha!😋
I applied to both! I had an interview for the main campus and when I was there I asked if my interview counted for both the campuses and she said it should but she wasn't 100% sure, so just wondered if anyone else was in the same position haha!😋

Aw the email i got says if i have applied for multiple campuses or courses that the applicant days are all identical so i will only be called for one of the days as it counts for all 😃 when did you have your day? And how was it? Im a bit nervous but very excited too, dont know what to expect x
[QUOTE=Eilidhskye;62579663]Aw the email i got says if i have applied for multiple campuses or courses that the applicant days are all identical so i will only be called for one of the days as it counts for all 😃 when did you have your day? And how was it? Im a bit nervous but very excited too, dont know what to expect x

Yeah I got that in my email too☺️ I had mine on the 28th January. It was pretty relaxed, there's 7 stations and you get given scenarios at each one and you just say what you would do in that situation! You get 5 minutes on each station which is plenty time btw 😋
Yeah I got that in my email too☺️ I had mine on the 28th January. It was pretty relaxed, there's 7 stations and you get given scenarios at each one and you just say what you would do in that situation! You get 5 minutes on each station which is plenty time btw 😋

Aw it sounds not too bad at all!
I was panicking coz of all these folk from other unis saying about maths and english tests 🙊

Where are you from? Its quite cool to see another Eilidh doing the course haha
[QUOTE=Eilidhskye;62580377]Aw it sounds not too bad at all!
I was panicking coz of all these folk from other unis saying about maths and english tests 🙊

Where are you from? Its quite cool to see another Eilidh doing the course haha

Aw no there's no tests or anything haha! I'm from Arbroath (near Dundee) haha yourself? Yeah I was thinking that too 😂
Aw no there's no tests or anything haha! I'm from Arbroath (near Dundee) haha yourself? Yeah I was thinking that too 😂

Im from skye, but obviously will be moving to inverness in the summer if i get accepted :biggrin: super exciting 😁
[QUOTE=Eilidhskye;62581257]Im from skye, but obviously will be moving to inverness in the summer if i get accepted :biggrin: super exciting 😁

Ah cool!! Is that the only place you applied?
Ah cool!! Is that the only place you applied?

Yeah i cant go any further as my wee one will be too far from her dad, at least inverness is close enough but not too far haha 😂
So all my hopes are on this 🙊
[QUOTE=Eilidhskye;62581865]Yeah i cant go any further as my wee one will be too far from her dad, at least inverness is close enough but not too far haha 😂
So all my hopes are on this 🙊
Ah cool!! I'm sure you'll get in 😋

Quick Reply

Latest