The Student Room Group

What romantic things do men do these days?

Scroll to see replies

using myself as an example seems cringey but **** it.

I've been on two first dates, and both girls said they were the nicest/most romantic things anyones ever done for them. the first one, I homemade a picnic with all her favourite foods that I could remember, bought some disgusting wine and took her to a lake in the evening, and we talked all night and kissed until it was super late; I pissed against a tree while she looked at the stars, it was very romantic.

for the other girl, I took her for a day out in london cause she wanted to see the dinosaurs at the natural history museum, then i got a nice hotel room and laid out 400 blackcurrent chewits on the bed in a heart shape cause they were her favourite, and because it was way more romantic than rose petals, we watched scary movies and had a bit of a cuddle. I wrote a list every time she said something cute or something that she liked a lot or wanted to do, and that date was just a combination of all of her favourite things.

thats what romance should be, in my opinion - something that proves that you actually listen and care, and the ability/motivation to apply that to a fun, well organised date. its not about the quantity, like making a huge gesture or spending a ****load of money, it can be something very simple and have a great effect. I wouldn't say the picnic thing was anything special, but it was thoughtful and showed i cared more than just buying her a meal would have.
(edited 8 years ago)
My boyfriend does sweet things like writing letters, cooking me meals, and surprising me with little things like chocolate or flowers. I do similar things for him and it really helps keep the relationship great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xobeauty
:laugh:
True. I genuinely don't know what romantic things people do, everything is considered too corny.

Or you might get considered a creep unless it's your gf
Original post by Hydeman
It's always nice to reminisce about how I spent a sizable proportion of my childhood watching what was, essentially, 50 percent padding/filler-material. :laugh:

Loool, I gave up watching dramas recently because it turned from a nice familial drama into something involving witches, magic and all things supernatural. The best drama I ever watched was something like Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani which was basically Twilight/ The Vampire Diaries put together :biggrin: (it had no wacky camera angles or facial expressions xD)
Original post by Andy98
I just want someone, anyone

Probably not the healthiest approach to romantic relationships...
Original post by Hydeman
Probably not the healthiest approach to romantic relationships...

You're probably right tbh, I just don't know why I bother

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamiehiston

I've been on two first dates, and both girls said they were the nicest/most romantic things anyones ever done for them. the first one, I homemade a picnic with all her favourite foods that I could remember, bought some disgusting wine and took her to a lake in the evening, and we talked all night and kissed until it was super late; I pissed against a tree while she looked at the stars, it was very romantic.

for the other girl, I took her for a day out in london cause she wanted to see the dinosaurs at the natural history museum, then i got a nice hotel room and laid out 400 blackcurrent chewits on the bed in a heart shape cause they were her favourite, and because it was way more romantic than rose petals, we watched scary movies and had a bit of a cuddle. I wrote a list every time she said something cute or something that she liked a lot or wanted to do, and that date was just a combination of all of her favourite things.

thats what romance should be, in my opinion - something that proves that you actually listen and care, and the ability/motivation to apply that to a fun, well organised date. its not about the quantity, like making a huge gesture or spending a ****load of money, it can be something very simple and have a great effect. I wouldn't say the picnic thing was anything special, but it was thoughtful and showed i cared more than just buying her a meal would have.

This is so perfect and thoughtful keeping in mind what she likes. How freakkn cute is that.

And good for you for not caring what others might say confidence is sexy.
Original post by hxfsxh
Loool, I gave up watching dramas recently because it turned from a nice familial drama into something involving witches, magic and all things supernatural.

This seems to be a favourite move for contemporary Indian directors trying to postpone a show's natural conclusion. :facepalm:

The best drama I ever watched was something like Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani which was basically Twilight/ The Vampire Diaries put together :biggrin: (it had no wacky camera angles or facial expressions xD)

I think I've heard of that one but I can't remember. Can you give me a brief summary of the plot? :holmes:
Original post by jamiehiston

Thats actually so cute xD
Original post by Hydeman
This seems to be a favourite move for contemporary Indian directors trying to postpone a show's natural conclusion. :facepalm:

I think I've heard of that one but I can't remember. Can you give me a brief summary of the plot? :holmes:

IKR!!
I watched it like 3 years ago xD
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyaar_Kii_Ye_Ek_Kahaani
Look at the wiki page :lol:
Original post by Andy98
You're probably right tbh, I just don't know why I bother

If your username is any indication of your year of birth, you have plenty of time, way more than what would justify this kind of hopelessness, so chin up. :smile:
Original post by hxfsxh
IKR!!
I watched it like 3 years ago xD
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyaar_Kii_Ye_Ek_Kahaani
Look at the wiki page :lol:

These things have their own Wikipedia pages? :eek: I wonder who writes them...

Yeah, it looks like a complete rip-off of Twilight. I'm too old for this stuff now, to be honest. :rofl:
Original post by Hydeman
If your username is any indication of your year of birth, you have plenty of time, way more than what would justify this kind of hopelessness, so chin up. :smile:

Yeah, but if I fully explained why I feel so hopeless I'd be permanently banned:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hydeman
These things have their own Wikipedia pages? :eek: I wonder who writes them...

Yeah, it looks like a complete rip-off of Twilight. I'm too old for this stuff now, to be honest. :rofl:

Probably some desi aunty who got bored :rofl:
It was basically Twilight :rofl: But the dude was fit so it evens out :lol:
Original post by hxfsxh
Probably some desi aunty who got bored :rofl: It was basically Twilight :rofl: But the dude was fit so it evens out :lol:

But was he a good actor? :holmes: I always feel like the primary criterion for selecting actors for these shows is looks, and that can sometimes embarrass a director when the person is abnormally bad at what they were hired to do. :tongue:
I just spent all day making desserts I hate for my girl who likes them getting ready for Valentines weekend.

Thankfully they'll keep for over a week.
Original post by Hydeman
But was he a good actor? :holmes: I always feel like the primary criterion for selecting actors for these shows is looks, and that can sometimes embarrass a director when the person is abnormally bad at what they were hired to do. :tongue:

Quite good I'd say. Obviously he has nothing on Ian Somerhalder for acting as a vampire, but he'd do.
And the show has been rated a 4.5/5, so obviously, it has to be good :biggrin:
Original post by Andy98
Yeah, but if I fully explained why I feel so hopeless I'd be permanently banned:frown:

Sorry to hear. :frown: Have you sought help? There are probably some numbers you can call, listed in a sticky thread in the Mental Health forum. And, of course, you can always post anonymously in that forum.
Original post by hxfsxh
Quite good I'd say. Obviously he has nothing on Ian Somerhalder for acting as a vampire, but he'd do.
And the show has been rated a 4.5/5, so obviously, it has to be good :biggrin:

Fair enough. :smile: Maybe I'll make time for dramas again, at some point. :tongue:
Original post by Hydeman
Sorry to hear. :frown: Have you sought help? There are probably some numbers you can call, listed in a sticky thread in the Mental Health forum. And, of course, you can always post anonymously in that forum.

Yeah, I'm trying to get help now; just not entirely sure I even want it sometimes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending