The Student Room Group

Who else doesn't get Valentine's Day?

The cringeeeee :lol:
It's an excuse to have sex :sexface:
When you're in a relationship, it's awesome; when you're not, it's just a bit meh :lol:

Either way it's a nice tradition IMO :h:
Reply 3
When you're forever alone it's not nice :colonhash:
Original post by Indeterminate
When you're in a relationship, it's awesome; when you're not, it's just a bit meh :lol:

Either way it's a nice tradition IMO :h:

It nice because afterwards, discounted teddy bears and chocolate :lol:
I just think that if you're in a relationship, you should show your partner that you love them everyday, not just on Feb 14th. :biggrin:
My personal opinion is you shouldn't need a day like Valentines day to show how much you want to be with your partner.
Reply 6
Of course its a consumer thing. Shops make so much money on selling stuff that doesn't cost them a lot to make, just by slapping the word 'love' onto something.

I am in a relationship and I DO get sucked into the vibe of valentines day...but deep down I know its pointless and we do not need a day to tell someone or show someone how much they mean to us. They say...
Original post by Rock Fan
My personal opinion is you shouldn't need a day like Valentines day to show how much you want to be with your partner.

Precisely!
Original post by hxfsxh

I just think that if you're in a relationship, you should show your partner that you love them everyday, not just on Feb 14th. :biggrin:

Original post by Rock Fan

You guys are absolutely right, but it's just another reason to do so and I don't see what's wrong with that :h:

Original post by arfah
When you're forever alone it's not nice :colonhash:

Now that's enough of the pessimism! You'll be fine! :yes:
Never been a fan. But me and Zargabaath may be having a cyber TSR valentine's this year. This time next week?
It's nice in the sense that couples can do things that they wouldn't normally do, like a special date night etc. It's also an excuse for the youngens to ask out their crush and go on that awkward valentines date... But for people like me, it's just an excuse to go on a girly date with the squad of forever aloners and sit at the back of the cinema watching the cringe unfold :colone:
Original post by Ethereal World
Never been a fan. But me and Zargabaath may be having a cyber TSR valentine's this year. This time next week?

let's do it, we can create another 1000+ thread on the relationships section :h:
Original post by Zargabaath
let's do it, we can create another 1000+ thread on the relationships section :h:

ZargaWorld Valentines Day 2K16

The fandom would love it.
Aww, it's lovely!
It's just a nice excuse to treat the ones you love. I mean sure it can be consumerist crap if you buy into the typical overpriced gifts. But it can definitely be a nice day.

I'll be giving my mum gifts so she doesn't feel alone, and I like treating her.
Original post by SophieSmall
It's just a nice excuse to treat the ones you love. I mean sure it can be consumerist crap if you buy into the typical overpriced gifts. But it can definitely be a nice day.

I'll be giving my mum gifts so she doesn't feel alone, and I like treating her.

That's cute :smile:
Original post by hxfsxh
That's cute :smile:

Thanks, I just don't want her to be sad or feel like she is missing out.
OK so its consumerist carp but i think the day has to be acknowledged at least with a card and maybe a small gift. No need to go OTT/ spend a fortune. I think its pretty mean to just totally ignore it.

Quick Reply

Latest