The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Accommodation Advice (2016)

I've started to look into accommodation for September (2016) and I really like the look of taly gate and taly south but I'm stuck between them, can anyone give me any advice or information on either?😊
Original post by lgreenley16
I've started to look into accommodation for September (2016) and I really like the look of taly gate and taly south but I'm stuck between them, can anyone give me any advice or information on either?😊

Definitely Gate, so much nicer and far better.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Indiestreet
Definitely Gate, so much nicer and far better.

It does look so much nicer, but I've heard south is more social, is this true? Or are they pretty much the same?
Taly Gate is nicer, but further away from uni (25 minutes compared to 15 from South), and is less social.
South is decent quality, and is where everything happens, normally where pre drinks are held and is louder. Depends what you want.
Reply 4
South and Gate are but nice but I've heard Gate is much nicer. If you like the look of Gate, it's worth also looking at Liberty Cambrian Point which is similar and you get a 3/4 double bed as well as it being closer to uni. Also, last year I put Cardiff as my firm choice and still only got my 4th choice of accommodation (as you have to choose your top 10 residences, which is loads) so don't discount the other ones too quickly as you may end up there! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending