The Student Room Group

Foods everyone else but you has eaten?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hydeman
The usual stuff: I like meat and dairy too much; I live with my mum so no prospect of separate meals; I think my health would be disturbed. :3

If you do it gradually and eat well-balanced meals according to what you need it may even improve your health. A lot of small health issues that bother most people (runny nose, tiredness, digestion problems...) are associated with dairy food, so getting rid of dairy will probably solve it.
It doesn't have to be saparete meals, you can make vegan dishes and include them as well. That's what we do when I visit my parents, it is actually fun. At first it might be weird but later it turns into a lot of fun making lentil burgers while having a chicken soup for the first meal....

If you really want it you should at least do something about it.

PS, I am vegan for health reasons mostly.
Original post by CoolCavy
energy drinks
ben and jerry's
nandos
kfc
humous (or however you spell it :redface:)
alcohol if that counts :redface:

yeah i'm not very exciting :lol:

Don't bother with the energy drinks, but the rest of it you should just buy all together one time and have a wild new adventure.

The thing that people keep saying that is most surprising to me is salmon. I get that not everyone goes out of their way to try asparagus or sushi, but salmon is standard fare that is on every fish aisle...
(edited 8 years ago)
- Sushi.
- Marmite.
Original post by richtealeggings
time to break out the ol' list :colondollar: (i guess i don't like change... )

cheesecake
cookie dough
peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (i still have yet to live the dream:rolleyes:)
fluffernutter (i have an obsession with american foods..on my food wishlist :smile:
jell-o
marmite
yorkshire pudding (i'm a disgrace to my people :getmecoat: )
sushi
mustard
salmon
muesli/granola/breakfast bars

i can't really think of anything else really, except...special K :biggrin:

can we take a moment to 'give thanks' to the wonder that is FRYABLE CHEESY PANCAKES! i recommend all to try :u:

:eek:
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Don't bother with the energy drinks, but the rest of it you should just buy all together one time and have a wild new adventure.

The thing that people keep saying that is most surprising to me is salmon. I get that not everyone goes out of their way to try asparagus or sushi, but salmon is standard fare that is on every fish aisle...

I've never had salmon. I don't eat seafood, so there's only few items I have tried.
Original post by acupofgreentea
I've never had salmon. I don't eat seafood, so there's only few items I have tried.

Well having never had salmon as part of not eating seafood makes more sense than just specifically not having had salmon.
Went out for dinner on Friday with a few work colleagues and they were all shocked that I was trying Nachos for the first time, so that's got me thinking about what else there is. My diet is atrocious at the moment.

Liquid chocolate (e.g. hot chocolate, milkshake)
Pies or pasties
Donuts
Any kind of fish. Never had tuna, salmon, battered cod etc
Gravy
Big Mac
Guacamole
Chinese food
Cheese on its own (E.g not in a sandwich or on a pizza)

I'd also never eaten pizza before I started university - aged 20.
Original post by sr90
Went out for dinner on Friday with a few work colleagues and they were all shocked that I was trying Nachos for the first time, so that's got me thinking about what else there is. My diet is atrocious at the moment.

Pies or pasties
Donuts
Gravy
Big Mac
Guacamole
Chinese food

What were you eating before 20? Just vegetables and dust? :biggrin:

I can't believe you've never had fish at all. Nor pies or pasties. Were you a ridiculously fussy eater as a child?
Original post by sr90

Pies or pasties
Donuts
Gravy
Big Mac
Guacamole
Chinese food

I genuinely don't understand how you've gone through life as a student and now t consumed stuff like doughnuts

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

Pies or pasties
Donuts
Gravy
Big Mac
Guacamole
Chinese food

man did you live off crackers or something your whole life? whats wrong with you..?
sushi
prawns/shrimp/crab/lobster
avacado
olives
red wine
tomatoes/ pineapples (allergies)
I've never had poptarts. I hadn't had steak until I was like 20. Never had crab or lobster.
Sardines on toast.. it doesn't look very appetizing :s-smilie:
Nuts and humus
Original post by SeanFM

That's a thing? :lolwut:
Original post by TimmonaPortella
That's a thing? :lolwut:

I've lived with two people at uni that eat it. :s-smilie:

(They kind of mashed it up and then stuck it in the oven)
Original post by SeanFM

What??
Original post by SeanFM
I've lived with two people at uni that eat it. :s-smilie:

(They kind of mashed it up and then stuck it in the oven)

man is amazing with a little ketchup, it literally tastes like a fishfinger toasty with a little bit more of a fishy taste, perfect..
Original post by Justmoll28
man is amazing with a little ketchup, it literally tastes like a fishfinger toasty with a little bit more of a fishy taste, perfect..

:s-smilie: to each their own, I suppose.
Same, never had it, never will.

Quick Reply

Latest