The Student Room Group

Official OCR A2 G484 June 2016 [Module 1] [90UMS]

Scroll to see replies

In every test I run out of time so I can't finish the questions. I time pressure myself in homeworks and when revising but its not helping. Its not like I'm poor at the subject because most of what I do answer is correct and stuff.

This doesn't happen in maths or biology where I can do a paper with time to check at the end.
I did the june 2015 G484 as a mock and I didn't have time to answer about 15 marks worth of questions... which is a lot!

Any tips to help this!
Also would be appreciated if anyone does have the june 2015 paper and markscheme!
Original post by Siddhart1998
In every test I run out of time so I can't finish the questions. I time pressure myself in homeworks and when revising but its not helping. Its not like I'm poor at the subject because most of what I do answer is correct and stuff.

This doesn't happen in maths or biology where I can do a paper with time to check at the end.
I did the june 2015 G484 as a mock and I didn't have time to answer about 15 marks worth of questions... which is a lot!

Any tips to help this!
Also would be appreciated if anyone does have the june 2015 paper and markscheme!

I feel time pressured as well in the 90 ums exams. I think just skipping the questions where you haven't quite figured out what to do, and move on to easier marks might help. In fact, ill try this from now. Normally I try to attempt every question in order, but this is probably what puts me under time stress!
Original post by MahuduElec
Haha I doubt they will, its the last year, maybe 2nd last year of the old spec papers (our spec). Expect ridiculous questions that test your exam ability more than they test your knowledge of physics..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough, I don't rely on predictions of difficulty from papers. Many thought G484 June 2014 was the hardest, then this was subsided with June2015 G484 maybe the same with chemistry idk
So Electric Field Strength is a vector.

And EFS = F/Q.

So force is a vector and charge is a scalar right?
@Stonebridge

Hi, can I ask you:

Why is it "above a temperature of 0K, the atoms of molecules in all matter are in some kind of motion".

Thanks
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
@Stonebridge

Hi, can I ask you:

Why is it "above a temperature of 0K, the atoms of molecules in all matter are in some kind of motion".

Thanks

If I could jump in and say, absolute temperature is directly proportional to kinetic energy (of an ideal gas). So if the temp of an atom is above 0K, it will have some kinetic energy, hence it will under some kind of motion.
If I could jump in and say, absolute temperature is directly proportional to kinetic energy (of an ideal gas). So if the temp of an atom is above 0K, it will have some kinetic energy, hence it will under some kind of motion.

ofc omg can't believe I missed this :smile:

thank you

are you doing g484?

do you know why the molecules exert electrical forces on eachother. is this due to coulombs law?
the molecules of a liquid have translational kinetic enegry. what is the meaning of translational?

they move in a specified direction?
ofc omg can't believe I missed this :smile:

thank you

are you doing g484?

Yh, doing ocr a2 physics this year, im assuming you are too?
do you know why the molecules exert electrical forces on eachother. is this due to coulombs law?

Im not even sure if molecules exert electrical forces on one another, never seen gas law questions and unit 5 combined for OCR.

the molecules of a liquid have translational kinetic enegry. what is the meaning of translational?

they move in a specified direction?

By translational kinetic enegry, that is referring to the fact that the molecules are moving around in random directions.

The opposite in this case, would be vibrational kinetic enegry. Which just means the molecule/atom is oscillating/vibrating around a fixed point, eg a solid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol finally found someone, this thread is so quite lol.

Don't think many candidates appearing this year.

Im not even sure if molecules exert electrical forces on one another, never seen gas law questions and unit 5 combined for OCR.
By translational kinetic enegry, that is referring to the fact that the molecules are moving around in random directions.

The opposite in this case, would be vibrational kinetic enegry. Which just means the molecule/atom is oscillating/vibrating around a fixed point, eg a solid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They do, it is one of the course books. Ah that makes sense.

Thanks for the info.

How many people are doing this at your centre :P

I like physics, but the ocr exams are unpredictable af
Lol finally found someone, this thread is so quite lol.

Don't think many candidates appearing this year.

They do, it is one of the course books. Ah that makes sense.

Thanks for the info.

How many people are doing this at your centre :P

I like physics, but the ocr exams are unpredictable af

Quite a lot actually, relative to normal sizes. About 3 classes of 20, so 60ish people at my college doing a2 ocr physics.

Yh i can see why the exams can be very annoying to everyone, me included. But, I seem to get a good amount of marks on the questions so its not that much of an issue to me
tbh I think I am ready for g484. Wow that's a lot.

Quite a lot actually, relative to normal sizes. About 3 classes of 20, so 60ish people at my college doing a2 ocr physics.

Yh i can see why the exams can be very annoying to everyone, me included. But, I seem to get a good amount of marks on the questions so its not that much of an issue to me

what is lagging and also does latent heat mean hidden heat?
Ohhhh my just remembering that g482 electricity section....
Makes me realise how hard this one potentially will be😂😂

heya

On g484 june 2015, for Q3c the graph, I gather that the peak decreases but why does the period remain the same?
Can someone explain June 2012 Q3aii pls
No thread so I making this to help ourselves.

Good luck all I hope you all get the grades you want and deserve.

I put this thread in the A Level Exam Directory Mega Thread for you which you can find here :parrot: use that thread to find discussions about your other exams too :smile:
heya

On g484 june 2015, for Q3c the graph, I gather that the peak decreases but why does the period remain the same?

do you have the june 2015 paper? if so then can you please share

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending