The Student Room Group

10th Feb: Have you ever found love online?

This week on The Surgery with Gemma and Dr Radha, we’re talking about finding love online. Have you ever done it? Are you with someone that you met online?

We want to hear all about your love online stories, good and bad! Post them here and remember you can post anonymously!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This has come just in time seeing as there has recently been a huge influx of 'I love a TSR member' threads on here.
Reply 2
I've never found love online. I've liked someone but not found love.
I met my husband online :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not really, no.
yup :smile:
I met @Blackacre on TSR - we were both Section Leaders at the time. Fast forward 18 months and we're living together :h:

There have been several marriages (and even a couple of babies) of TSR moderators and many more long term relationships... a surprisingly high success rate for something that was never a dating thing!
I had an online GF on runescape but sold her to some guy in return for a free gold trim
Ummmmm. Yes. #ZargaWorld thanks to the fandom and anon fails of Friday evening/night.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BBC Radio 1
This week on The Surgery with Gemma and Dr Radha, we’re talking about finding love online. Have you ever done it? Are you with someone that you met online?

We want to hear all about your love online stories, good and bad! Post them here and remember you can post anonymously!

I met my current partner online over a year ago after we very briefly met at an interview, he found me on Facebook and since then we have been together over 10 months and we live together and we also study at the same uni, I think that as long as you're being safe and you know who you really are talking to online then go for it! just make sure you're actually going to be together in person some day!

IMG_4204.jpg

This is us:smile:
I met both of my ex-partners on online forums. Both relationships lasted around two years and both were long-distance but we visited each other frequently.
I met my boyfriend last year on Tinder!
Not love but I really fancy someone I met online lel

Original post by Ethereal World
Ummmmm. Yes. #ZargaWorld thanks to the fandom and anon fails of Friday evening/night.

Don't need to be alone
Don't need to be alone
It's real love
It's real,
It's real love
It's real

It's real love
It's real
I met my boyfriend on tinder if that counts haha
Reply 14
I did and we got really attached. We're still good friends though
i think to be safe online you need to meet up with the person and you need to have a clear plan for the future otherwise you or the other partner may get bored and start lying/hurting feelings etc
Reply 16
Original post by Ethereal World

Congratulations :biggrin:

If it wasn't for all of you, Zarga would never have confessed his love for you and ZargaWorld would never have happened!

You owe us your first born :colone:
Yes on a chat site but nothing came off it
Original post by Justmoll28
i think to be safe online you need to meet up with the person and you need to have a clear plan for the future otherwise you or the other partner may get bored and start lying/hurting feelings etc

Definitely agree. When we started out we were long distance (2 hours by train) and we saw each other every other weekend, and we worked out a clear plan (and timescale) for us moving in together (about a year after we first got together, which fitted in with jobs, housing etc.)

I don't think it would have worked had that not been the case. Chatting online is nice, but there's substitute for actually seeing each other, and IMHO relationships can't function on a permanently long distance basis.
Original post by Justmoll28
I met my current partner online over a year ago after we very briefly met at an interview, he found me on Facebook and since then we have been together over 10 months and we live together and we also study at the same uni, I think that as long as you're being safe and you know who you really are talking to online then go for it! just make sure you're actually going to be together in person some day!

IMG_4204.jpg

This is us:smile:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE :333333333333333333

Quick Reply

Latest