The Student Room Group

IEA Internship

Hi there.

I have been offered a months long internship with the Institute of Economic Affairs in Westminster, a think tank. I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences/knew of anybody who interned for them? Or if they know anything of the difficulty to gain an internship?
Reply 1
Original post by Cr97
Hi there.

I have been offered a months long internship with the Institute of Economic Affairs in Westminster, a think tank. I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences/knew of anybody who interned for them? Or if they know anything of the difficulty to gain an internship?

Congratulations; I applied in Spetember but still have not heard back. When did you apply?
Reply 2
I haven't heard back either
Has anyone heard back yet?
Reply 4
I haven't? Do we assume it's a rejection? I sent them a follow up email asking them to confirm that they have received my application and no reply.
Original post by Goldfly
I haven't? Do we assume it's a rejection? I sent them a follow up email asking them to confirm that they have received my application and no reply.

When did you submit your application? They usually send a confirmation email that they've received your application. They send they will get in touch by the end of April though.
Reply 6
Original post by aprilisconfused
When did you submit your application? They usually send a confirmation email that they've received your application. They send they will get in touch by the end of April though.

I sent my application in March and the follow up email a few weeks ago. I didn't get a confirmation email from them which is rather odd...
Original post by Goldfly
I sent my application in March and the follow up email a few weeks ago. I didn't get a confirmation email from them which is rather odd...

I think i'm just going to wait a few more days.
Reply 8
I've even tried ringing them but they won't pick up
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Goldfly
I've even tried ringing them but they won't pick up :':wink:

Thats weird ;/ I'm going to wait a few more days then I'll email them.
Thats weird ;/ I'm going to wait a few more days then I'll email them.

They finally picked up and said that they've had more applications than ever before and that they'll follow up soon
Oh great thanks :smile:
I just got offered a place!
Original post by Goldfly
I just got offered a place!

Congrats! Still haven't got a reply yet ;/ probs didn't get a place, when did u get the email?
(edited 7 years ago)
Congrats! Still haven't got a reply yet ;/ probs didn't get a place, when did u get the email?

An hour or two ago. Perhaps they haven't got back to everyone yet.
Hey guys, I want to apply for IEA this summer and I was just wondering if you had any tips on how to structure the letter?
And how was the whole experience?
Thank you thank you
Reply 16
Original post by galpal123
Hey guys, I want to apply for IEA this summer and I was just wondering if you had any tips on how to structure the letter?
And how was the whole experience?
Thank you thank you

i am planning on doing that as well but no clue yet
Does anyone know the response time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending