The Student Room Group

What's the luckiest escape you've had in a relationship?

Scroll to see replies

I dated a guy who was very nice. After a month, he confessed the reason why his last relationship ended was because he beat his previous girlfriend to a pulp when he found out she cheated on him.

Two months later, as soon as there was an issue which I didn't like, I ended it. I picked an argument that he still had his ex's photos on his phone - it honestly didn't bother me at all, but I was waiting for any excuse to leave.

The ONLY reason I stayed with him for another two months after his admission was because I didn't want to discourage him from being honest with any other girl he dates in the future.
Ex no 1- he was going nowhere in life. Last I heard he has 3 kids that he doesn't see. Glad I listened to my gran and dumped him.

Ex no 2- emotionally immature and manipulative now that I think of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawtyb
lucky escape from my abusive ex who the police needed to move me away from and i needed an emergency injunction on him for harassment

At least you didn't have his kids
Reply 23
Dated a guy for five years who had an ideology yhat if you didn't know what you wanted from life there was no use trying. As the man of the relationship he thought i would stick around doing a job that made me miserable until he figured it out. When I moved away he swore he'd come with me but made hundreds of excuses not to and kept trying to restrict my options. So i dumped him in the hope he'd actually start acting like an adult.
Original post by mkap
yeah this was before i started practising

Can I ask a question ? Totally irrelevant bt is that u in ur profile pic?
I'm reading some of these like :shock:

Where do you find these characters??
Reply 26
Original post by future doctor x
Can I ask a question ? Totally irrelevant bt is that u in ur profile pic?

yeah
Original post by Daniellaaa
At least you didn't have his kids

is this another dig?

and no i didnt have his kids
Tried to tell me she was pregnant with my kid. I broke up with her until she provided proof, and then promised I'd make up for lost time if it turned out to be true.
It didn't :bhangra:

Original post by mkap
Some guy i was going out with was horny af and i refused to lose my virginity and sleep with him. He just randomly asked what I would do if he forced me to have sex with him, if i would go to the police or not. I dumped him straight away and blocked him. I later found out he was in 20 grand debt for drug dealing. :s-smilie:

I'm sorry I did that to you. I'll never do it a-gain:wink:
Original post by Rock Fan
I've had quite a few but one was in prison not long after I split with her, another threatened to beat my family up and lied about being pregnant after I finished with her for being controlling.

yooooooo what the **** stop stealing my life?! :eek4:

:rofl: literally just wrote that, these women can be crazy. Here's to dodging them properly :shakehand:
Reply 30
Original post by mango peeler
Tried to tell me she was pregnant with my kid. I broke up with her until she provided proof, and then promised I'd make up for lost time if it turned out to be true.
It didn't :bhangra:

I'm sorry I did that to you. I'll never do it a-gain:wink:

huh? i dont get u
Original post by mkap
huh? i dont get u

:dry:
yooooooo what the **** stop stealing my life?! :eek4:

:rofl: literally just wrote that, these women can be crazy. Here's to dodging them properly :shakehand:

I do seem to pick them unfortunately, I heard horror stories about some guys as well so guess they are as bad as each other.
Reply 33
:dry:

i cant reply to you VM but i realised that haha. i didnt get what you meant at first
I do seem to pick them unfortunately, I heard horror stories about some guys as well so guess they are as bad as each other.

Guys pretending to be pregnant? lol
I honestly haven't heard much **** about men as far as manipulating the women to stay with them. Maybe manipulating her into getting with him like lying about some important detail but scheming to keep her around, only one time and he trapped her with a suicide threat. It's mostly women playing these games.

Original post by mkap
i cant reply to you VM but i realised that haha. i didnt get what you meant at first

I don't want VMs but yea just wanted to clarify :wink:
Reply 35
I don't think I have ever needed to 'escape' sure my ex was a bit confused and shallow, but she wasn't a nut like most of the people described here, just a bit rude and immature.
Guys pretending to be pregnant? lol
I honestly haven't heard much **** about men as far as manipulating the women to stay with them. Maybe manipulating her into getting with him like lying about some important detail but scheming to keep her around, only one time and he trapped her with a suicide threat. It's mostly women playing these games.

I don't want VMs but yea just wanted to clarify :wink:

Not in the terms of pretending to be pregnant, heard stories of guys saying they will kill themselves if their girlfriends left them.
Not in the terms of pretending to be pregnant, heard stories of guys saying they will kill themselves if their girlfriends left them.

Yea exactly, the suicide threats. Madness. I've had females do that as well, it's actually scary and altogether ****ed up.
Original post by Pseudo-truth
I'm reading some of these like :shock:

Where do you find these characters??

Same!

Seriously... People are that deceptive? Or are most people just really bloody blind to the ways of folk when lust/love is involved?
One of my exes just wouldn't accept it was over. After 6 months I didn't want to be with him anymore but it carried on for another year because he just wouldn't accept it...people always say 'oh you could've just dumped him and blocked him' yeah I did that, and he turned up at my house. At uni. After he'd got a 2.5 hour train there. And everyone thought he was a really nice guy so all my friends/family made me feel bad but he was incredibly manipulative, like I broke up with him once while I was away with uni doing volunteering and he called me 85 times. Then he contacted the friend I was with and asked for directions to where we were, luckily she didn't tell him because he was a psycho.

Oh and the worst time - he told me I shouldn't break up with him because his cat, who I adored, was dying. This was 2 years ago and I know the cat is still alive. Complete and utter freak.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending