The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thuphammm
Hi, does anyone here applied for Architecture and Interdiscipline Studies in the Bartlett here? I sent my portfolio late Nov but havent heard from them:frown: My predicted grades are ABB which is lower than what they show on the website but I still hope for the best but since it's already Feb now im quite nervous:frown:

Hey, I also applied for AIS in the Bartlett and similarly to you I sent my portfolio in late November and still heard nothing. I am also nervous about their reply and at the same time can't wait for it!!! I wouldn't worry about your grades however because I know that their grade requirements for AIS are not that high as they base it more on your portfolio :smile:
anybody who received an offer from the Bartlett for AIS?
anyone here got an interview to the bartlett this tuesday (the 9th)
Hey guys
For people going or applying to Kent University, how did they respond after receiving your application? Was it by email or post? Also, do they give you an interview or is it an e portfolio submission??
Hey guys,
I am going to attend an interview in Bartlett in March. Is there someone who has already passed that stage or someone who can give an useful advice.
Thank you in advance:smile:
Reply 745
Original post by Raimonds
Hey guys
For people going or applying to Kent University, how did they respond after receiving your application? Was it by email or post? Also, do they give you an interview or is it an e portfolio submission??

They just sent me an email asking me to sign up online where I then had about 2 weeks to submit a portfolio. I don't think they do interviews and I think if you take art A level they don't always ask for a portfolio before their decision.
Original post by Grewsters
They just sent me an email asking me to sign up online where I then had about 2 weeks to submit a portfolio. I don't think they do interviews and I think if you take art A level they don't always ask for a portfolio before their decision.

Ah ok. I didn't take A level art, but I'm doing Foundation Art at the moment. They haven't replied for a month, so I'm hoping there's an offer in the works, as it's my top pick XD
Original post by Grewsters

Im doing Alevel graphics and got full marks in AS but i was still told to hand in a portfolio :s-smilie: but anyway, do you remember if they had a limit amount of work you could put?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blinkofaneyee
Im doing Alevel graphics and got full marks in AS but i was still told to hand in a portfolio :s-smilie: but anyway, do you remember if they had a limit amount of work you could put?

I think you can stick in as much as you want. But it's better to be selective and focus on better work than just going for mass volume.
Reply 749
Does anyone have an interview at UCL on the 11th of February? (Thursday) -
Reply 750
Original post by Raimonds
Hey guys

Got an offer 2 days after applying - via email/track.
They request portfolios from people who have not taken art at A-level (equivalent).
Original post by cowie
Does anyone have an interview at UCL on the 11th of February? (Thursday) -

I have mine tomorrow
Original post by cowie
Got an offer 2 days after applying - via email/track.
They request portfolios from people who have not taken art at A-level (equivalent).

If that was the case, I would have heard back by now as I have good A levels and I am doing art. But it's been a month Dx
I'll get my tutor to ring them up...
Im going to add my portfolio link as well! :smile:

https://francescopasquino97.carbonmade.com/
Original post by Francescopsq97
Im going to add my portfolio link as well! :smile:

great portfolio. Here's mine if you're interested.

https://devhalai.carbomade.com
Original post by zzdevzz
I have mine tomorrow

Please let us know how it goes! All the best of luck for tomorrow :smile:
Hey does anyone know roughly how long a westminister interview takes? And also how long the rest of the time (going around the uni and whatnot) would take? I need to book my train tickets and plan it around this.
Original post by nairline
Hey does anyone know roughly how long a westminister interview takes? And also how long the rest of the time (going around the uni and whatnot) would take? I need to book my train tickets and plan it around this.

The interview takes about 15 minutes but you will probably attend a tour too and that might take longer. Also, the interviews are individual and you might have to wait for your turn for some time, at least I had to...

Westminster is going to tell you roughly how much it takes anyway, but you should count at least 2 hours- 2 hours 30
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by cowie
Applied to Cambridge, Nottingham, Sheffield, Kent and UCL.
Received an offer from Kent for AAB about 2 weeks ago, awaiting others (have yet to submit a portfolio to Sheffield yet).
Predicted A2 grades: A*AA inn Art, Physics and Chemistry.

was your application to cambridge successful? mine wasn't, but just wandering if anyone got an offer?
Reply 759
Hi all,

I have an interview at UCL tomorrow and due to complications, my portfolio is merely mounted pieces of work in a plastic A1 wallet/folder. I know many people usually get a display case for these pieces. Will this affect my interview or my success rate in getting an offer? Silly I know, but there's no time to get one 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending