The Student Room Group

Can you drive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alexion
say whaaa

+10 awesome points :awesome: :five:

yep. perks of going abroad and living in a rural area. literally no laws. :tongue: I can drive a motorbike better than I can drive a car.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I wasn't terrible but not too cut out for driving
Even failed a lot of practice theory tests lmao, for every few questions like "should you a. run over a pedestrian or b. not run over a pedestrian" you get some stupid stopping distances or obscure sign

It's just like every other test, you need to revise and practice for it.
Reply 22
Original post by EnglishMuon
2nd time unfortunately, the first one I was failed for 'speeding' (25mph in a 60 limit as it was very wet was apparently still too fast) but anyway I'm grateful to have passed this time with only 2 minors :smile: How about you?

Ah I passed second time too. They say that the people who pass second time are better drivers :tongue: well I say that anyway haha. I failed on the way back to the test centre in literally the last 5 mins 😭😭😭😭

Aw 2 minors is awesome congrats again. I had 4 :biggrin: I found the theory harder than the practical haha
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I wasn't terrible but not too cut out for driving
Even failed a lot of practice theory tests lmao, for every few questions like "should you a. run over a pedestrian or b. not run over a pedestrian" you get some stupid stopping distances or obscure sign

Don't give up :dumbells:

If it makes you feel better I failed the hazard perception 5 times and my practical 3 times ... you just got to carry on truckin'.

Plus you don't want to leave it too late - it's really stressful trying to learn to drive in the evenings after work, or at the weekend, when you have little free time and you're tired.
Learnt about 5 years ago, haven't driven since. I cycle/train/walk.
I can, but choose not to - I haven't driven since the day I passed my test, and have little to no intention of doing so. I only passed it for my CV.
Original post by hxfsxh
yep. perks of going abroad and living in a rural area. literally no laws. :tongue: I can drive a motorbike better than I can drive a car.

I've been driving legally for nearly a year now, but always wanted a motorcycle - unfortunately the parents didn't approve of the idea and I can't justify the cost anyway :cry2:

But damn that's cool girl
Original post by Alexion
I've been driving legally for nearly a year now, but always wanted a motorcycle - unfortunately the parents didn't approve of the idea and I can't justify the cost anyway :cry2:

But damn that's cool girl

Aw, I wish I could drive legally :tongue: My cousins all have motorbikes so I kinda learnt off them xD
Obviously, I don't drive now because I fear having a police record and i'm a law abiding citizen of the UK :tongue:
Thanks for the reminder babe xoxox I know I'm cool, but dw you're not too far behind :wink:
Original post by ZuluK
Ah I passed second time too. They say that the people who pass second time are better drivers :tongue: well I say that anyway haha. I failed on the way back to the test centre in literally the last 5 mins 😭😭😭😭

Aw 2 minors is awesome congrats again. I had 4 :biggrin: I found the theory harder than the practical haha

Haha yea I agree :wink: Thanks very much! Yeah I mean I find it much easier driving on my own than following an examiners orders but at least thats all done now. My current understanding is that the test is normally much pickier than driving in the everyday world .(Also congrats on passing yours 4 years ago :wink: )
Yep :biggrin:
Original post by hxfsxh
Aw, I wish I could drive legally :tongue: My cousins all have motorbikes so I kinda learnt off them xD
Obviously, I don't drive now because I fear having a police record and i'm a law abiding citizen of the UK :tongue:
Thanks for the reminder babe xoxox I know I'm cool, but dw you're not too far behind :wink:

So do you have your own bike or are just able to ride theirs? Cool either way :tongue:
And yeah, good move, don't wanna be breaking no laws b4 you're even allowed to drive in the first place :lol:
Pfft my cool level is approximately [error] :wink:
Reply 31
Original post by EnglishMuon
Haha yea I agree :wink: Thanks very much! Yeah I mean I find it much easier driving on my own than following an examiners orders but at least thats all done now. My current understanding is that the test is normally much pickier than driving in the everyday world .(Also congrats on passing yours 4 years ago :wink: )

You are welcome :biggrin: I know right. I like to talk a lot and my first examiner didn't talk to me at all 😭😭😭 and I drive better with music on Haha.
Driving is easier in real life and a lot more lenient
Thanks Hun :wink:
Original post by Alexion
So do you have your own bike or are just able to ride theirs? Cool either way :tongue:
And yeah, good move, don't wanna be breaking no laws b4 you're even allowed to drive in the first place :lol:
Pfft my cool level is approximately [error] :wink:

I use theirs because my parents don't actually know of my abilities :lol:
Wow, I didn't know cool levels went that low, sheesh :wink:
Reply 33
To all those without a licence - get one. One of the more important things you can do. I know British kids lag behind many countries in this but I can't stress how important it can be.
Barely. Just about.
Reply 35
Original post by ZuluK
and I drive better with music on

Almost undoubtedly not true.
Original post by hxfsxh
I use theirs because my parents don't actually know of my abilities :lol:
Wow, I didn't know cool levels went that low, sheesh :wink:

Ooh, a secret biker :ninja: (might be best to keep it that way haha)
Yeah apparently the calculation doesn't support negative cool levels :frown:

Spoiler

Original post by Alexion
Ooh, a secret biker :ninja: (might be best to keep it that way haha)
Yeah apparently the calculation doesn't support negative cool levels :frown:

Spoiler

I'm full of secrets :biggrin: Flowers aren't cool hun :ninja: You need to step up your game :tongue:
Yes. Would be nearly 2 years now since I've been driving :h:
Original post by hxfsxh
I'm full of secrets :biggrin: Flowers aren't cool hun :ninja: You need to step up your game :tongue:

bb that's a snowflake :closedeyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending