The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Adult nursing - April 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi, I think the parking is crazy, but a lot of students use the park and ride schemes, and I think they get a discount, otherwise it is £3 per day for a car. Park and ride is on the New/Old Dover Roads and at Wincheap, but I'm not sure of what the access is like to either of them. There is a little on street car parking which you can do for four hours and is free, but you might get angry locals getting at you for taking their spaces.

Hope this helps,

M.
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by EmilyC0202
Thank you :smile: hahaha! It really will be a tough choice - am I right in thinking you said you'd be commuting from Dover? Would you be driving? Not sure about the parking situation in Canterbury!?

No I'd be getting the bus, or possibly moving to Canterbury by April :smile:
Original post by mld
Hi, I think the parking is crazy, but a lot of students use the park and ride schemes, and I think they get a discount, otherwise it is £3 per day for a car. Park and ride is on the New/Old Dover Roads and at Wincheap, but I'm not sure of what the access is like to either of them. There is a little on street car parking which you can do for four hours and is free, but you might get angry locals getting at you for taking their spaces.

Hope this helps,

M.

Thanks! I have looked into the park and ride but does seem to work out more expensive than the £26 a year for parking at the Medway campus! Don't think I want angry locals chasing me hahaha! :tongue:
Original post by philpb16
No I'd be getting the bus, or possibly moving to Canterbury by April :smile:

Ah I was unaware there was a bus that went all that way! Would you be living in student accommodation or elsewhere? Sorry if I'm being too nosy lol I'm just struggling to make a decision :biggrin:
Reply 24
Ah I was unaware there was a bus that went all that way! Would you be living in student accommodation or elsewhere? Sorry if I'm being too nosy lol I'm just struggling to make a decision :biggrin:

No worries! haha I'll either be renting privately or possibly finding a shared place.
No worries! haha I'll either be renting privately or possibly finding a shared place.

Fair enough lol seems like so much to sort out in so little time!
Reply 26
Fair enough lol seems like so much to sort out in so little time!

Yep it's definitely the first big test of your organisational skills :smile: lol
Yep it's definitely the first big test of your organisational skills :smile: lol

Not sure if you'll remember this but once you accepted your place how long did it take to get information through about the start of the course ect? I confirmed Friday and had a confirmation of place letter on ucas today which says the uni will get in touch with more details..I just want to know more information as I'm so excited lol :biggrin:
Reply 28
Not sure if you'll remember this but once you accepted your place how long did it take to get information through about the start of the course ect? I confirmed Friday and had a confirmation of place letter on ucas today which says the uni will get in touch with more details..I just want to know more information as I'm so excited lol :biggrin:

Well I started on the 7th September and got the info through on the 3rd... but I might have just been unlucky!
Well I started on the 7th September and got the info through on the 3rd... but I might have just been unlucky!

Wow I didn't realise it would be so late 🙈 I haven't even got a start date yet so hope they at least give me that lol
I'm starting at Canterbury Christ Church in April having been deferred after originally starting in September 2015. I did the three months study at uni and then had an accident and missed my entire placement so have to start again...If anyone needs any help or advise about the course at CCCU, I'm happy to assist. Its a great uni, thats for sure! Phil

Hi, hope you have recovered well from your accident! I am studying at the University of Greenwich and for childcare reasons I may need to withdraw from the course to re-apply for Canterbury Christ Church Uni nearer to where I have support. Do you know how placements work, which hospitals they use, and the shift hours and patterns of placements? And what are the lecture hours like?

It would be a great help if you enlighten me a little :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by Jo10
Hi everyone, I was offered a place this week at Canterbury for adult nursing 😃 Starting in April. How have you found the theory and teaching Phil ? I don't know the area but will be moving to Canterbury pretty soon 👍🏻

Hey! Congrats on getting a place! :smile:

The teaching for the most part is excellent. The lecturers are all very approachable both during and after sessions. I had an awesome personal tutor who really helped me sort everything out after what happened.

Canterbury is a great city, got everything you need really. Although the campus is spread over a few different sites, pretty much everything is within walking distance.

Roll on April! :biggrin:
Reply 32
Original post by Jo10
Great thanks for your reply. I can't find any Canterbury people on here do you know where I might find some ??

I've had no luck with that either! haha
yeah, you should have received an email about joining the April entry fb group :smile: it's very useful and the student number they emailed you can be used to access the portal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending