The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thornicroft
What does Educatin studies entail. Sounds interesting!

I believe it's a lot to do with studying different education systems and their effectivness - it seems to be a bit of a mix of Sociology and Human Geography :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 401
Original post by ombtom
Yeah, offers from both (for Physics). :smile:

I currently go to sixth form in St Andrews so I've been kind of connected with the university for a while (been to a few lectures and seen their classrooms etc). If you have any questions, even about the town itself, feel free to ask! :smile:
I received a conditional offer of A*AC (C in Welsh Bac only) last week for English Literature! Very excited!

Does anyone know if I have to firm Durham to receive a college allocation or whether it will be allocated if I don't choose my firm and insurance for the time being?
Original post by sionedel
I received a conditional offer of A*AC (C in Welsh Bac only) last week for English Literature! Very excited!

Does anyone know if I have to firm Durham to receive a college allocation or whether it will be allocated if I don't choose my firm and insurance for the time being?

You'll be allocated one anyway as far as I know, but if you choose it as insurance it's not guaranteed that it won't change.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mostly_Crazy
You'll be allocated one anyway as far as I know, but if you choose it as insurance it's guaranteed that it won't change.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I'm hoping to put it as my firm choice soon but I'm still waiting on Exeter's reply...
Original post by sionedel
Thanks! I'm hoping to put it as my firm choice soon but I'm still waiting on Exeter's reply...

Just realised I missed a "not" there - in case it wasn't clear, if you put Durham as your insurance choice instead of firm, your college allocation could change.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just received an offer for Theology and Religion at Durham! :smile:
Original post by TiaLoren

Congrats!!! I didn't know they send offers during the weekend
Original post by ziggyystardust
Congrats!!! I didn't know they send offers during the weekend

It came through on Thursday but I only checked that email account today :smile:
Original post by TiaLoren

Congratulations! I was reading about it in the prospectus and it sounds like a very interesting course.
Just received an offer for Computer Science! I'M SO HAPPY!
Original post by Kookamooka

Well done and rightly so!!!

Same!

Congratulations.

What's your offer?
Original post by Supersaps
Same!

Congratulations.

What's your offer?

AAA in Maths, Physics and French. How about you? Also, what college? :smile:
AAA in Maths, Physics and French. How about you? Also, what college? :smile:

I'm a mature student so I got an unconditional with AAB in maths, physics, philosophy.

I applied for St. Bede's & St. Hilde's because I googled it 5 minutes before and it's the biggest. :smile:

SS
Original post by Supersaps
I'm a mature student so I got an unconditional with AAB in maths, physics, philosophy.

I applied for St. Bede's & St. Hilde's because I googled it 5 minutes before and it's the biggest. :smile:

SS

Oh awesome, you're in then! I'll hopefully be joining you in October! :biggrin:
I just received an offer for Economics and Politics!! :h::h:
Original post by Simonab
I just received an offer for Economics and Politics!! :h::h:

Congratulations! What college did you apply to? :smile:
What's it like studying at the Queen's campus since it's so far from the main buildings?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply