The Student Room Group

Are women the cleaner sex?

I was having a debate with a fellow tsr member about hygiene, that has lead to this question.
I would say on average, yes.

Scroll to see replies

Hmm. Maybe on average yes.

But not really.
(edited 8 years ago)
no...
we are all clean in the eye's of our saviour Lord Jesus Christ amen
Reply 3
Yes obviously.
they bleed for several days every month

I'm going with no.
Original post by walking in glass

I'm going with no.

That's even more reason to clean
Original post by Indieboohoo1
That's even more reason to clean

but it means girls need to clean more to reach the same standards of cleanliness as guys

so even if they clean more they still might not be cleaner. but in general girls do care more about hygiene.
hell to the ****ing no.

source? most of my cousins are female. i spent several days staying at theirs for summer holidays. i have 3 siblings all of which are girls and i've been brought up mostly by females.

they are NOT cleaner.

that depends on an individual basis; not a gender one.
No, every living creature is kinda gross tbh
Reply 9
Original post by homeland.lsw
no...
we are all clean in the eye's of our saviour Lord Jesus Christ amen

PRSOM 😂😂😂😂
Hell no! Uni showed me how filthy some girls can be :indiff:

It honestly depends on the person, I wouldn't say one sex is cleaner than the other.
Reply 11
Um depends on the person not gender. I've seen guys are really really clean and tidy and girls who are filthy sooo... Can't really stereotype
Reply 12
Original post by walking in glass

I'm going with no.

Periods aren't in themselves dirty. Women tend to use sanitary products like pads and tampons. These contain the blood.

Women, or at least I, tend to bathe more when I'm on my period because it helps with the cramps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
Periods aren't in themselves dirty. Women tend to use sanitary products like pads and tampons. These contain the blood.

Women, or at least I, tend to bathe more when I'm on my period because it helps with the cramps.

Tampons keep the blood inside you and pads soak up the blood but stay in your knickers. Yuck.
Original post by Lord Samosa

Same here :sexface:

I would suggest women are cleaner on average but there is more variation. They can be awful when they want to be, and conversely, many of them are pathologically fastidious. According to other girls they seem to get ****/blood smeared up the walls of the toilets quite a lot
(edited 8 years ago)
Hard to say.

I think they appear cleaner, more organised etc on the surface.

But behind this there is not as much difference as some people seem to think.

Although teen boys certainly have more of a reputation for poor hygiene.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/403t7z/girls_of_reddit_whats_something_super_gross_that/

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/things-girls-talk-about-876
Yes our fart smells of roses :u:
Original post by Blue_Mason
I was having a debate with a fellow tsr member about hygiene, that has lead to this question.
I would say on average, yes.

Original post by Kholmes1
Hmm. Maybe on average yes.

But not really.

No. Like I told blue mason before he created this thread :dry: hygiene is about the person
I know clean freak dudes
I know narsty females.

Original post by Lord Samosa

It honestly depends on the person, I wouldn't say one sex is cleaner than the other.

YES.

@Blue_Mason you can say it was me you discussed this with, damn.
The idea that women are cleaner is sexist and outdated "scientific" theory. There is literally nothing solid that can support this claim that hygiene comes with sex.
OP INITIALLY said women "sweat less."
And I told him it's false.
Original post by mango peeler
The idea that women are cleaner is sexist and outdated "scientific" theory. There is literally nothing solid that can support this claim that hygiene comes with sex.
OP INITIALLY said women "sweat less."
And I told him it's false.

When compared to men, women do sweat less.

Quick Reply

Latest