Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by victoria98
GCSE: 4A*s 7As 2Bs
AS: AAAA in maths, chemistry, biology, physics + A in general studies but who cares.

Their admissions process seems rather random though and I've seen people with much better grades getting rejected... but I'm not complaining about the offer haha :smile: Did you also apply for chemistry?

Yes, I applied for Chemistry, although I was rejected.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by mhamill864
Anyone got an offer for MMath (European Studies) yet? I'm still waiting and Durham is my first choice, isn't it always the way :smile:

I have an MMath offer, had it about almost a month, I plan to switch to MMath European Studies though
history offer!!
Original post by bastian
history offer!!

Congratulations! I'm still waiting to hear. When did you apply? :smile:
Reply 1664
Original post by bastian
history offer!!

Congratulations! May I ask how your grades were and when you applied? History at Durham is very competitive so well done!
[QUOTE="bastian;62595711"]
Original post by AunAb
Congratulations! May I ask how your grades were and when you applied? History at Durham is very competitive so well done![/QUOTE

cheers! proper chuffed. end of october i think? gcses: 9A*2A AS AAAAC predicted A*A*A*A

I applied the same time as you, but my grades are nowhere near yours.... Waiting for the rejection any day now...
But well done again!
Original post by davies1
Well done that's great! What were your grades?

Gcses: 12 A*s
As: 5 As
Predicted: A*AA
Got a 28 for my LNAT with a fairly good PS, however I got rejected by UCL due to my LNAT essay not being strong enough and KCL due to my predicted grades (which I do not know). However I have offers from Birmingham and Warwick.

What are my chances of an offer from Durham? :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by anitatoz
Got a 28 for my LNAT with a fairly good PS, however I got rejected by UCL due to my LNAT essay not being strong enough and KCL due to my predicted grades (which I do not know). However I have offers from Birmingham and Warwick.

What are my chances of an offer from Durham? :frown:

My guess is that you can't really be sure what goes into their decision... Warwick and Birmingham are both very good universities so you probably still have a shot at Durham, fingers crossed for you!
Got an engineering offer last night, so relived!
Reply 1670
Its now been a month since I applied. The wait is killing me. :frown:
Original post by Kezkel

Almost 4 for me. It's ok, you can do this! They will almost certainly get back to you by the end of March, even though it's a longer wait. It'll be worth it <3
Original post by Kezkel

Original post by Ivoryfall
Almost 4 for me. It's ok, you can do this! They will almost certainly get back to you by the end of March, even though it's a longer wait. It'll be worth it <3

4 months for me too, I wish they'd hurry up a little :') Same with Edinburgh
Original post by mazzaion
My guess is that you can't really be sure what goes into their decision... Warwick and Birmingham are both very good universities so you probably still have a shot at Durham, fingers crossed for you!

Thanks alot! :smile:
I got an offer today for Ancient History despite applying for Ancient Medieval and Modern:smile: best of luck to everyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer for Combined Honours in Social Sciences (A*AA) today
Offer for biomedical science last night!!
Any Philosophy & English Literature offers?
I got an offer for English Literature from Durham just now! Also Edinburgh :smile:
Original post by Feltipz
I got an offer for English Literature from Durham just now! Also Edinburgh :smile:

Congrats! When did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest