The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2580
Original post by Swagio
Mental health. When did you have your interview?
I dropped an email earlier to admissions but haven't had a reply so not sure if it was just a coincidence or it made a difference x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm, do you know anyone who has received replies for Child from them? I might contact them tomorrow if I dont receive anything early during the day but then Im thinking they might reject me over the phone haha x

ps interview was on the 29th last month
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2581
Original post by daff97
Should I wait a couple of days?[/QUOT

(not sure you are asking me, but:smile: if you call them asap, you'll win two days of less stress and anxiety, i guess?
Original post by daff97
Hmm, do you know anyone who has received replies for Child from them? I might contact them tomorrow if I dont receive anything early during the day but then Im thinking they might reject me over the phone haha x

ps interview was on the 29th last month

I emailed just cus pre interview I phoned and was told I wouldn't be offered one, but then did, if you just call and ask when you expect your ucas to be updated?
I know people on every branch but child, sorry! I know adult and mh admissions a seem complete different so likelihood child will too x
Although saying that my friend doing adults ucas was updated a fair bit later than said x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2583
Original post by Swagio
I emailed just cus pre interview I phoned and was told I wouldn't be offered one, but then did, if you just call and ask when you expect your ucas to be updated?
I know people on every branch but child, sorry! I know adult and mh admissions a seem complete different so likelihood child will too x
Although saying that my friend doing adults ucas was updated a fair bit later than said x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I could say that, good thinking haha- okay I will try tomorrow if i dont hear anything until lunchtime. Thanks for your help and hopefully see you in northampton haha!
Original post by Ettaxo
Got an offer from Kings today! Absolutely buzzing 💃

congrats!! hopefully see you there in sept!! which field of nursing are you hoping to study? :smile:
Original post by Swagio

By any chance do you know what score you got on the online maths and English? I got 14/15 not sure if that's too low :frown:?
Original post by Sezena
By any chance do you know what score you got on the online maths and English? I got 14/15 not sure if that's too low :frown:?

For English I think I got like 13/15 and maths not a clue didn't say. Usually they'll let you know if you did good or not, but they didn't for ages with me so I called them x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Swagio
For English I think I got like 13/15 and maths not a clue didn't say. Usually they'll let you know if you did good or not, but they didn't for ages with me so I called them x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay thank you! I'll give them a ring tomorrow, :smile:! Xx
Original post by hipposcribble
congrats!! hopefully see you there in sept!! which field of nursing are you hoping to study? :smile:

Thank you so much! Congratulations to you too ☺️ I'm studying child nursing, how about you?
Hey all. Just seeing if any of you need help with the application process. I've applied to King's, City, Bucks, UWL and LSBU. Got offers for all except LSBU (did their tests and got an interview but withdrew due to other offers received)

Have firmed King's and insured City :biggrin: Doing PGDIp Adult Nursing

If you guys have any questions i'd be happy to help :smile:
Original post by Ettaxo
Got an offer from Kings today! Absolutely buzzing 💃

Congrats!
Original post by cazcar19
Congrats!

Thank you ☺️☺️
Original post by jesslew1
Hi everyone
I have firmed Leeds for adult nursing with Manchester for my insurance,, now the really hard work begins getting the grades!!
Has anyone started looking at accommodation? Is there a designated thread for Leeds 2016 adult nursing or face book page
Thanks
hope to speak to you all
Jess :smile:

University of Leeds? If so i'll be firming my offer there pretty soon depending how my interview at sheffield goes at the weekend 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2593
Congrats everyone!

MMU have just changed my offer for adult nursing to unconditional, which I have to firm by the 22nd of Feb as it's a March entry.

But Salford emailed me just yesterday with an interview for their adult/child/mental health nursing masters course starting in September so now I'm not sure what to do..
Original post by eilidhr99
Aw no there's no tests or anything haha! I'm from Arbroath (near Dundee) haha yourself? Yeah I was thinking that too 😂

I'm Stirling too, one of my best friends lives In Arbroath! And being so far from home hoping to be near there ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ive still not heard from Sheff Hallam @DaveHolb :frown: when did u hear? and did u have to do APEL? Ive got interview at sheff uni on 4 march
Reply 2596
Congrats! I've got a selection day for the same course at King's tomorrow, any advice?
Reply 2597
Original post by cazcar19
Hey all. Just seeing if any of you need help with the application process. I've applied to King's, City, Bucks, UWL and LSBU. Got offers for all except LSBU (did their tests and got an interview but withdrew due to other offers received)

Have firmed King's and insured City :biggrin: Doing PGDIp Adult Nursing

If you guys have any questions i'd be happy to help :smile:

Congrats! I've got a selection day for the same course at King's tomorrow, any advice?
Original post by MeganSiddown
I know it's crazy right! That's a big move from London, wow. I hope you settle in okay! I'm sure you will as everyone will be lovely and looking to meet new people☺️ I admire your bravery ahah😂 Noo I'm not currently in York but I live in a small town 40 minutes away so I'm not too far from home at all hehe

Haha hopefully! I'm trying to challenge myself - we'll see how that goes XD aw that's great you'll never be too far from home! you must know the area well too, lucky you haha
Original post by SarahB83
Ive still not heard from Sheff Hallam @DaveHolb :frown: when did u hear? and did u have to do APEL? Ive got interview at sheff uni on 4 march

I got a letter in the post from them around the 7th of January, they just wanted an academic reference from a recent study before they could invite me to a selection event. Sorry I don't know what APEL is so I'm guessing not 😳. Best of luck with your interview at sheffield uni. Hallam might get back to you soon as I believe they had some more selection event coming up for the PgDip!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending