The Student Room Group

Girls - what should I suggest for a first date?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hahahaha. I live in Bedfordshire, so it's a bit crappy. But not too bad.

I live in the posh part of Manchester so our town centre's a decent place to go on a date xD
And we've got two National Trust parks literally 10 mins away which are really nice to walk down when its not raining :smile:
Original post by hxfsxh
I live in the posh part of Manchester so our town centre's a decent place to go on a date xD
And we've got two National Trust parks literally 10 mins away which are really nice to walk down when its not raining :smile:

Wonderful! I'm considering Manchester Uni. Lovely area! You're very lucky. 😊
Listen to the lyrics of the song 'The diary of Horace Wimp' by the band ELO (Electric Light Orchestra).
This can be a real boost to make you talk more in a certain fashion.
Reply 23
Original post by Anonymous
I really like this girl at my sixth form and we have been friends for 2 years. I want to pluck up the courage to ask her out face to face, but I don't know what to suggest we do.
Coffee?
Cinema?
A walk?
What would you like to be asked to do?

Im going to hate to break this to you, but you will almost certainly fail and fail HARD

When you have been friends with a girl for a long time, you eliminate your prospects as a boyfriend unless the friendship has sexual undertones

Because you feel you need "courage" to do it, it wont come across confidently - and confidence is the nr 1 women like from a LOT of experience. You'll be perceived as weak and creepy instead of strong and desirable.

Only way you can probably try doing this is start talking to her about dating related things - have a chat about shitty dates you've been on, start hanging out with her outside of school on a regular basis (in person, not on the phones), and do it that way
Reply 24
I was friends with a girl for two years, asked her out, and am now dating her. We hadn't really had sexual undertones for those years since I was monagmously dating another girl for a lot of that time. So all I'm saying is don't be certain you have no hope if you've been friends a while.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending