The Student Room Group

Would you date a 24 year old virgin guy who lives with his parents?

I feel like I'm getting nowhere in the dating world. I had a lot of problems with self esteem, and social skills when I was a teenager, but when I went to university I began to overcome these issues. I started meeting girls in nightclubs when I was studying but it never went anywhere, so I started using online dating 4.5 years ago. I've met several girls (60+) and had two relationships, albeit short term. I work full time now, I have a good degree, I like to go the gym, I have my own car, I play the guitar and love music, have loads of other hobbies and interests, and have a good circle of friends. So I have a lot of things going for me. Not sure how I'd rate myself in terms of attractiveness; I'm like marmite really.
I just feel like I'm in a rut now, and I think it's for two reasons. I'm nearly 24 and live at home with my mum and brother. Also, I'm a virgin. I feel like these are two massive things that are holding me back. the latter is out of my control to a degree. I could move out, and I want to, but I also want to save up so I can either go back to uni to do a masters degree, or save up for a deposit for my own place. So I have good reasons for being at home I suppose, and a lot of positives going for me.

So would you date a 24 year old virgin guy who lives with his parents (or parents in my case)? Would you date me, going off that information there?

Scroll to see replies

if I were straight sure why not?
Reply 2
If I liked you and was attracted to you then yes, I would. Your virginity and where you currently live aren't that important, they only feel important because you're making it so. So you haven't found the right girl yet to sleep with and you're staying at home to save for a Masters (potentially). None of that is a bad thing, in my opinion. You've got a lot more going for you and a lot more to offer than some guys tbh.
Original post by Katarvi
If I liked you and was attracted to you then yes, I would. Your virginity and where you currently live aren't that important, they only feel important because you're making it so. So you haven't found the right girl yet to sleep with and you're staying at home to save for a Masters (potentially). None of that is a bad thing, in my opinion. You've got a lot more going for you and a lot more to offer than some guys tbh.

PRSOM
Sure why not are you funny?
If you werent 24 and i werent currently heartbroken, yeah! You're a bit old for me. But otherwise you sound great! I play guitar too! It really shouldn't matter if you are a virgin. The point of sex is that you enjoy it, not that you know everything. Chill!! You'll find a nice girl, get married, start a band and have cute musical babies. There ya go!!
:P

btw, marmite is Bae!! They it with crunchy peanut butter. It's so good!
(edited 8 years ago)
Living with your parents?
You must be loaded.

Sure, I'd take you. :evil:

Spoiler

yes
Reply 8
Thats the thing i have disposable income as i live at home. Surely thats a good thing. Id just like to know where im going wrong
Original post by Blondie987
if I were straight sure why not?

You a lesbian? :eek:
Original post by greatguy133
You a lesbian? :eek:

Yes
Maybe
Reply 12
Yeah theres nothing wrong with your situation
Thanks everyone. I feel bettwr now. Also my mum is a university student and she hasnt really got much money. So me being at home is probably helpful for her.
I mean i would like a girl that i can watch movies with and play video games with. It just might be a little embarassing at first having to bring her to my mums
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks everyone. I feel bettwr now. Also my mum is a university student and she hasnt really got much money. So me being at home is probably helpful for her.
I mean i would like a girl that i can watch movies with and play video games with. It just might be a little embarassing at first having to bring her to my mums

Being a virgin is definitely not as big a deal as some make it out to be, that vast majority of normal people won't care and with the state of the economy more and more young people are living with their parents, nothing about your situation is abnormal, as long as you're a nice guy I'm sure you'll find plenty of girls to date :smile:
Original post by Anonymous

If a girl would be that bothered by you still living at home or being a virgin then she isn't the right girl for you. :h:

As long as you explain your living situation before bringing her home to the parents place, I can't see why it would be a problem. Not ideal, sure, but when is anything ideal?

I don't know where you're going wrong, do you ask girls out very much?
Original post by Xmas lover
If you werent 24 and i werent currently heartbroken, yeah! You're a bit old for me. But otherwise you sound great! I play guitar too! It really shouldn't matter if you are a virgin. The point of sex is that you enjoy it, not that you know everything. Chill!! You'll find a nice girl, get married, start a band and have cute musical babies. There ya go!!
:P

btw, marmite is Bae!! They it with crunchy peanut butter. It's so good!

If you're 18 then 24 isn't too old. Age is just a number :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks

Like the new avatar btw!
yeah (if I wasn't 16 lol)

don't worry about it too much, it'll happen when it happens.

If you really can't get over it, buy a hooker (jokes) but yeah there are probably things you could try to do to get laid or move out, although tbh I don't think it's as huge a deal as you may think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending