The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by malaria
thats cool, it's your opinion. i dont why you tried to shame me by calling a bigot because I, and many people would only consider straight people. that's my opinion.

I apologise, I wasn't trying to offend you or specifically say you are a bigot and obviously if she has a problem with it then she shouldn't be in the relationship but if it's a question of stigma rather than unchageable feelings then I wanted to challenge it and give my thoughts, you are of course entitled to your opinion as well :smile:
Why do you care about what other people would do? This one's up to you.

He's been honest, you like him... I wouldn't see a problem.
Reply 22
Original post by McGain
Can a guy really lose his virginity with another though.....? Is gay sex real sex? And if a guy gets bummed does that mean he is no longer a virgin?

Yes, gay sex is real sex. Virginity doesn't really exist in any detectable way either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by Anonymous
Okay - Girl's, what would you do in my position? Would this put you off?

Wouldn't put me off in the slightest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by Katty3
Yes, gay sex is real sex. Virginity doesn't really exist in any detectable way either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So how can a lesbian lose her virginity to another girl? Sticking to the standard definition of sexual intercourse.

Once upon a time it would have but not anymore. To me the past is the past, the only thing that would matter would be knowing that he's attracted to me. I can see where you're coming from though.
I'm gay but I literally don't see why this is an issue? :s-smilie:
Reply 27
Original post by McGain
So how can a lesbian lose her virginity to another girl? Sticking to the standard definition of sexual intercourse.

They have sex. Sex isn't just penis in vagina and nothing else counts. It's more than that.

Virginity doesn't really exist in any measurable way. Yes, even in women. The hymen doesn't work like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by Katty3
They have sex. Sex isn't just penis in vagina and nothing else counts. It's more than that.

Virginity doesn't really exist in any measurable way. Yes, even in women. The hymen doesn't work like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look up the definition of Sexual Intercourse.
Original post by Blondie987
And some people aren't bigots :smile:

That'll show the world, you are every middle class white girl ever to read half of one single article by noam chomsky 👌
It's up to you to make a decision on this, does it bother you that much or is it something you can see past? Nobody else can tell you what to do and no amount of us either telling you it's no big deal or acting outraged will make you feel any different about it either.
Y'all do realize OP's bf cheated on with another dude, right? So if you're significant other cheated on with with the opposite sex/ same sex, you would be okay with it and just be happy for them? OK. It is only bigotry when you're not cool with your significant other cheated on the same sex. I learn something new everyday.

Pretty much up to the OP. Give him once more chance if you're up for it. If you're not emotionally ready, its okay to end it. Your life.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by Macy1998
Y'all do realize OP's bf cheated on with another dude, right? So if you're significant other cheated on with with the opposite sex/ same sex, you would be okay with it and just be happy for them? Yes. It is bigotry to not be cool with your bf/gf cheating on you. OK. It is only bigotry when you're not cool with your significant other cheating on the same sex. I learn something new everyday.

It was before they were together, so not cheating.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who cares. If he has got over it then there's nothing for you to complain about.

If you love him enough you'll get over it. If you can't get over it you don't love him enough(in a romantic sense) so just end it.
Original post by Macy1998
Y'all do realize OP's bf cheated on with another dude, right? So if you're significant other cheated on with with the opposite sex/ same sex, you would be okay with it and just be happy for them? OK. It is only bigotry when you're not cool with your significant other cheated on the same sex. I learn something new everyday.

Pretty much up to the OP. Give him once more chance if you're up for it. If you're not emotionally ready, its okay to end it. Your life.

Are you broken? At what point did the OP mention cheating? Or am I reading a completely different post?

I would be put off because knowing that he just had sex with guys for the sole fact that he felt he couldn't get a female, that he was willing to go that route because he was so desperate shows his character. No standards, no limits...it's not attractive.

You like him, give it some time and see if you can get passed it. If he wanted to be with men, he would be with men.
Original post by xobeauty
I would be put off because knowing that he just had sex with guys for the sole fact that he felt he couldn't get a female, that he was willing to go that route because he was so desperate shows his character. No standards, no limits...it's not attractive.

You like him, give it some time and see if you can get passed it. If he wanted to be with men, he would be with men.

Did you take away nothing from the other thread!

:spank:
Original post by hezzlington
Did you take away nothing from the other thread!

:spank:

What now?
How dare you shame him for his sexual past. He deserves someone who is responsive to her own feelings for him and not judgemental over something entirely reasonable he once did. Buck your ideas up missy, the relationship isn't all about you and what you want your fairytale boyfriend to be.

I am also bisexual with heavy preference for girls, but I, like him, experimented with male friends when younger partly because, I feel, we had no access to women. It isn't really something women, who are objects of desire from the first, can comprehend, but it's up to you to try.

You will note that I am now entering my sixth year with my girlfriend.
Original post by Katty3

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is not in dispute. However, psychologically it does exist. I think the precise definition of loss of virginity (penetration) is a social construct but it does help anchor the psychological aspect of losing one's virginity (i.e. having sex for the first time) on a specific event and create some mythology around it.

In light of the way we have chosen to define "sex", i.e. as a penetrative act, lesbians have to come to a more smooshy "agreement", as it were, on which sexual act, if any, is "the one".

I might compare it to when you get together with someone. You might kiss, you might go on many dates, you might even ****. Unless you are engaged in a very formalised dating ritual you are quite unlikely to have a particular point where you can say your relationship started. And yet, like the virginity, everyone likes to keep some date as an anniversary of their relationship.