Scroll to see replies

Original post by scrotgrot
So's Cameron

Cuts tax credits for "hard working families"
Sucks up to the Saudis
The education we are discussing

It's just that the Mail doesn't produce splashes on the subject

this.

And then bombs Syria to get rid of extremism in the Middle East. Doesn't he realise that tyrannical regimes and bombing result in terrorism?

:colonhash:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by whorace
I am not a Cameron supporter, Cameron is clearly not smart enough to realise the market has limitations.

Yes but you don't say the above about him although it can be just as easily argued.

Corbyn's faction is the only decent sized political grouping in England (I will caveat the SNP) which talks with any substance whatsoever about how the market has limitations, so who would you vote for now?
Original post by whorace
Churchill went to Sandhurst, it's like the military Oxford

It took him three attempts to pass the examinations there, and I have no reason to believe that Sanhurst was on any comparable level with the academic education of Oxford. Churchill had a disastrous academic record, and that is why he is a good example.
Yes but you don't say the above about him although it can be just as easily argued.

Corbyn's faction is the only decent sized political grouping in England (I will caveat the SNP) which talks with any substance whatsoever about how the market has limitations, so who would you vote for now?

I would vote for Labour even though I seriously distrust Corybn and think he is suicidal for the Labour party.
Original post by whorace
I am not a Cameron supporter, Cameron is clearly not smart enough to realise the market has limitations.

I don't think he cares beyond just wanting to be the one running the show.
Original post by whorace

Yes, sensible policies to reduce inequality instead of fairy tales.

You think that Tory ideology is about sensible policies to reduce inequality ?!

Also your response meant that maybe you are indeed not swayed by the media but rather by your own cognitive bias. :h:
Original post by a noble chance
It took him three attempts to pass the examinations there, and I have no reason to believe that Sanhurst was on any comparable level with the academic education of Oxford. Churchill had a disastrous academic record, and that is why he is a good example.

You can't really argue Churchill was intelligent and then point out he failed his entry examinations for Sandhurst three times, Churchill was bold and brilliant, but he was not very intelligent, if his mummy had not pulled the strings for him he would never have been posted anywhere because he was too vain in his pursuit of glory at the expense of his regiments welfare.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I don't think he cares beyond just wanting to be the one running the show.

That's true. I mean he's absent on the NHS junior doctor thing at the moment. Hunt is taking all the flack but Cameron runs the show. Doctors should be aiming their frustrations at him and not taking it out on a pawn.
Original post by Ethereal World
There's actually a particular clip of Corbyn where I thought he looked hot doing the side eye. :getmecoat:

Steamy, I expect Diane Abbott had to excuse herself after as well

Will you give way to the right honourable member? :colonhash:
You think that Tory ideology is about sensible policies to reduce inequality ?!

Also your response meant that maybe you are indeed not swayed by the media but rather by your own cognitive bias. :h:

What does this mean? I know what a cognitive bias is but why is it being used so generally?
I don't see why it matters. He has others advising him, so as long as he pays attention to that advice before making any choice on policy I have no issue. I think it's more dangerous to have a PM who is well educated but disregards certain advice that he/she doesn't agree with.
Original post by whorace
What does this mean? I know what a cognitive bias is but why is it being used so generally?

Well you are swayed in your view of the situation due to your ingrained political leaning.
Steamy, I expect Diane Abbott had to excuse herself after as well

Will you give way to the right honourable member? :colonhash:

Oh yes. As long as the RHM won't flop on me. :rofl:
Well you are swayed in your view of the situation due to your ingrained political leaning.

And you are not?

I am not allowed to hold any view that disagrees with yours without being biased? That's rich
That's true. I mean he's absent on the NHS junior doctor thing at the moment. Hunt is taking all the flack but Cameron runs the show. Doctors should be aiming their frustrations at him and not taking it out on a pawn.

What frustrates me is where is Corbyn's comment on things like this? He's supposed to be a union man, for Christ's sake, and this is that rarest of things: a strike the public is in favour of.

I don't know if it's just that the newspapers don't report him unless he is saying some loony foreign policy thing like how we should hand the Falklands over to Argentina or if he is simply not concerned with domestic issues...

The Tories have already managed to show how poor their judgement is without the Lib Dems tempering their vilest instincts. And on votes they have been humiliated in the Commons and the Lords about once a month since their election. Blair would have been grinning his toothy head off and mercilessly taking the piss out of the tiny majority, impotent leadership etc. Where is Corbyn?

That clearly isn't the case as can be seen from what is probably Cameron's only speech on capitalism.

http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2012/01/19/cameron-s-moral-capitalism-speech-in-full

The issue with Corbyn is that whatever his position on the market in theory, he will never accept that the market will ever in practice provide a better solution to anything than a statist alternative. In that his economic policy is very similar to his policy on the use of UK military force.
Original post by whorace
And you are not?

I am not allowed to hold any view that disagrees with yours without being biased? That's rich

Not at all. People agree with my views also have ingrained bias. It's kind of standard in this whole right-left dichotomy that's emerging.

I don't really have any ingrained political views imo because I only started becoming more politicised relatively recently due to some big areas of interest (NHS, ISIS namely). And I find I happen to agree with a lot of the left's chat and I do like some of the sense Corbyn speaks.
Original post by whorace
I would vote for Labour even though I seriously distrust Corybn and think he is suicidal for the Labour party.

All the more reason to vote for him then :u:

I am right of Corbyn myself but left of Miliband, a Lab/SNP coalition with constitutional reform would have been just the ticket.
Original post by nulli tertius
That clearly isn't the case as can be seen from what is probably Cameron's only speech on capitalism.

http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2012/01/19/cameron-s-moral-capitalism-speech-in-full

The issue with Corbyn is that whatever his position on the market in theory, he will never accept that the market will ever in practice provide a better solution to anything than a statist alternative. In that his economic policy is very similar to his policy on the use of UK military force.

Lol at basing Cameron's views on what he says. I don't remember his words ever being consistent with his actions.
What frustrates me is where is Corbyn's comment on things like this? He's supposed to be a union man, for Christ's sake, and this is that rarest of things: a strike the public is in favour of.

I don't know if it's just that the newspapers don't report him unless he is saying some loony foreign policy thing like how we should hand the Falklands over to Argentina or if he is simply not concerned with domestic issues...

The Tories have already managed to show how poor their judgement is without the Lib Dems tempering their vilest instincts. And on votes they have been humiliated in the Commons and the Lords about once a month since their election. Blair would have been grinning his toothy head off and mercilessly taking the piss out of the tiny majority, impotent leadership etc. Where is Corbyn?

Yeah it's the newspapers. I am a member of the junior doctors contract forum on Facebook (even though I'm not a doctor) and all of them rave about him and Heidi Alexander. They link posts about him, have selfies with him etc. Etc. And a lot of them voted Tory and are now like :colonhash:.

So I think it's a case of lack of representation by the media. Surprisingly. :rolleyes:

Oh and re not being there to laugh in the face of the mistakes to push his agenda: unfortunately JC is just not that kind of guy and that sort of thing goes against his whole new approach to politics that he's pushing for. But it can make him look a bit weak especially when Cameron never misses an opportunity for digs.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending