The Student Room Group

Am I gay? Or was I just raped? Or am I just plain out nuts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Katarvi
Seeing your GP and being tested is the best course then, once that's done with and you (hopefully) have the all clear, I hope you can move on from it and not let whatever may have happened effect you in the future.

hopefully. I think I'm going to just go to the dr. I can't risk this.
Reply 41
Original post by jnr15
I actually looked up something it shows that I can actually avoid getting aids. If I take this drug. And a part of me wants to prevent. I don't want to die as I have no idea who it was. Or whatever. I just don't want my parents to know. They'll think I got drunk and just gay. And they're JW so I feel like if I told them. I really wouldn't want to. I wasn't even supposed to be there... Because there was stuff there they didn't approve of.

Listen to your parents next time. Tell them exactly what happened and go to the doctor as soon as possible to get that drug.
IF ALL YOU HAD WAS LEMONADE AND SPRITE THEN IT IS OBVIOUS YOUR DRINK WAS SPIKED. (that actually rhymes).

A date rape drug must have been slipped into your drink.If you got tested this morning it may have shown up but it might be out of your system now.

First of all, go to doctors and get checked out immediately- this should be you first call. Then maybe go to the police and tell them everything you remember.

This happened to me before. Be prepared for the same bs 'oh you weren't spiked you just drank too much blah blah blah'. In your case, how could you drink too much when all you had is lemonade? It is as clear as day what has happened here. How else could you have had such a memory lost?
Not to be funny but date rape drugs are incredibly rare..... and I mean incredibly so. The most used date rape drug is actual alcohol which most potential spiking victims usually showing symptoms of extreme intoxication rather than other drugs. A large variety of alcohol is fairly tasteless, especially which.... yes you guessed it lemonade... I have a friend who drinks vodka and lemonade because she can't taste any of the alcohol.

First go to the GP or Police and get tested! That way you know the facts of what happened. If you have been spiked with a drug it's incredibly important that the Police find out.... not just to help you, but also so they can look out for other individuals that have been spiked and if date rape drugs are circulating in your local area.

If you do not go the the GP and the Police then sadly... sorry.... nothing else you can do. Both the GP and Police can also point you in the right direction for emotional support and how to deal with what has happened to you.
I know you've said quite a few times that you don't want to talk to the police or your parents, but for your own health, safety and well being you need to tell someone about this. Maybe someone at school? I understand that it will be difficult as what you have experienced is terrifying but you are only 15 and I strongly believe that someone needs to know to help you out. I have a 15 year old brother, and if he ever experienced anything like this the last thing I'd want for him to do is keep silent. Whatever the situation whether you've been raped or not, or if your drink was spiked or not, regardless just to bring light to the situation it would be best for you to get consultation from someone. At least that way even if nothing bad actually happened you wouldn't have to live in confusion, and if something did happen then it needs to be solved. Don't be afraid that you will be judged or anything like that, this is about you.
Don't keep it to yourself. My ex was raped and repressed it and it caused her all kinds of issues, even 18 years down the line.

And if your own mental health isn't sufficiently good reason to do something about it, think about the next guy (or girl) he does it to. Do you want someone else going through what you're going through now, or worse?
1) ask your friends if they remember what happened when you were 'wasted' or after you passed out - maybe tell them that you weren't drinking so there's no way you could have been drunk. you don't have to tell them what you think happened.
2) ask the guy if anything happened between them - don't be surprised if he says no as he probably wouldn't tell you if he did do something
3) if u don't want to tell ur parents talk to a counsellor maybe - what you tell them is confidential
4) decide whether you want to report it. i guess it's difficult to decide when you're not even sure what happened.

good luck. you have every right to be terrified tbh just reading your post scared me a bit... and no it doesn't make you gay and you are not nuts.
Reply 47
Original post by 41b
Listen to your parents next time. Tell them exactly what happened and go to the doctor as soon as possible to get that drug.

I did go to a medical facility. And they had to tell my parents and authorities. My mom isn't too bad about it. They want to switch schools for me. I guess that's ok. Especially since it will get out. I'd really like to just move but impossible of course.
Reply 48
Original post by DanB1991
Not to be funny but date rape drugs are incredibly rare..... and I mean incredibly so. The most used date rape drug is actual alcohol which most potential spiking victims usually showing symptoms of extreme intoxication rather than other drugs. A large variety of alcohol is fairly tasteless, especially which.... yes you guessed it lemonade... I have a friend who drinks vodka and lemonade because she can't taste any of the alcohol.

Rare, yes. But it does happen. I know someone who iirc had had one drink, maybe two, and was suddenly completely wasted. The man in question was wanted by the police for domestic violence. There are substances where a single drop can equal an entire drink, and they're legal and can be easily bought online.
Reply 49
Original post by jnr15
I did go to a medical facility. And they had to tell my parents and authorities. My mom isn't too bad about it. They want to switch schools for me. I guess that's ok. Especially since it will get out. I'd really like to just move but impossible of course.

You did the right thing OP. I'm glad that you are receiving support. Be kind to yourself and I hope that you will be okay.
Original post by JoeTSR
Rare, yes. But it does happen. I know someone who iirc had had one drink, maybe two, and was suddenly completely wasted. The man in question was wanted by the police for domestic violence. There are substances where a single drop can equal an entire drink, and they're legal and can be easily bought online.

And what was it exactly? Many studies show only around 1-4% of claims of drink spiking are actually caused by such drugs.... the rest are caused by either normal alcohol or other common recreational drugs
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by DanB1991
And what was it exactly?

I have no idea. I'm not comfortable discussing any further details of the person in question's case, but while I've often expressed the same scepticism in regards to these types of claims, based on both the person's account and those around them, combined with further specifics of the situation, I don't have any doubts that it was indeed an attempted date-rape.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tert-Amyl_alcohol is the one I was talking about, available to buy online in the UK until about a year or so ago, and still available on Amazon US. Don't want to give people ideas, but there are other substances with similar properties that are legal and would easily not be noticed when slipped into a drink.
Even "just" alcohol can be incredibly dangerous and shouldn't be scoffed at. We don't know how much was in the drink, the OP is not an experienced drinker and could have had any sort of reaction, etc.

2 ounces of grain alcohol, taken at the speed some people swill soft drinks, could have very swift and unpleasant effects. Add an unusual allergic reaction, and you have trouble. [And people do vary a lot in their reaction to booze. I know someone who met a guy in AA once who had had three drinks in his life. First one wrecked his car, the second caused his house to burn down, and he didn't remember the third but ended up serving time for it.]
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JoeTSR
I have no idea. I'm not comfortable discussing any further details of the person in question's case, but while I've often expressed the same scepticism in regards to these types of claims, based on both the person's account and those around them, combined with further specifics of the situation, I don't have any doubts that it was indeed an attempted date-rape.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tert-Amyl_alcohol is the one I was talking about, available to buy online in the UK until about a year or so ago, and still available on Amazon US. Don't want to give people ideas, but there are other substances with similar properties that are legal and would easily not be noticed when slipped into a drink.

And what is the most commonly used date rape drug? Alcohol by any chance?

yes he should go to the police + gp... that rarity of the event being more of a driver to do so than anything!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending