The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
Hey there everyone - I received an offer from King's GEM last week (Thurs night ~7.44pm). I'm mentioning this as I know it can be useful for some people to work out how many offers are going out and when. I'm also open to any questions you might have! Good luck. I was rejected from Newcastle and Barts without interview and still haven't heard back from Warwick post interview.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Hi guys, for extended medical degree programme how many offers are given out ? I know they interview around 180 but how many offers are given out
Original post by samim_s
Hi guys, for extended medical degree programme how many offers are given out ? I know they interview around 180 but how many offers are given out

60-65 offers

There's a separate thread for the extended medical programme at kings btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
60-65 offers

There's a separate thread for the extended medical programme at kings btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks, and really :eek: can you link me to it
Does anyone know if Kcl sends out offers in batches? If so roughly how long between each batch?
Original post by bmatcrazy
Does anyone know if Kcl sends out offers in batches? If so roughly how long between each batch?

I don't think anyone knows who King's give offers. Many people that were interviewed in early December still haven't heard back (including me). I really think that King's waits until the majority are interviewed before making a lot of decisions
Hey guys, i was reading the info on kcl website and they said in the interview they will assess our knowledge on topical medical issues? what are these and would we know them all or would we have to have specifically learnt them? also are we going to be tested on our a level science knowledge?
Original post by samim_s
Hey guys, i was reading the info on kcl website and they said in the interview they will assess our knowledge on topical medical issues? what are these and would we know them all or would we have to have specifically learnt them? also are we going to be tested on our a level science knowledge?

All you can work from is the info on the website and the documents attached to your interview invite on the portal, so wouldn't really be able to answer those questions completely. If you feel like you should learn something to bring up your confidence then there's no harm in doing extra reading.
Original post by Adi009
Hey guys, first year at King's here, so I know exactly what you guys are going through! It was a whirlwind experience, and if anyone has any questions about life at the uni or anything like that feel free to ask!

Hi! I've managed to get an offer for Medicine at King's :smile: I have read and heard that the admin for King's is bad and that the support for your clinical placements is poor? Is this true? Do you get accommodation say if you were placed in Poole on a placement rather than London? Also, what areas do other years live in if they're i private student houses? Do they travel far?

How do you find student life in London? Is it different or better? :smile:
Got an offer last night AAb :biggrin:
Interview 21st Jan
Original post by RoseV666
Interview 21st Jan

Congrats ! Why is it AAb instead of AAA ?
Interview 21st Jan

Congrats! How come its AAB? I thought the standard was AAA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anvar333
Congrats ! Why is it AAb instead of AAA ?

Original post by yoyo.sat
Congrats! How come its AAB? I thought the standard was AAA?

Thanks! I finished Math A2 in Yr 12 and got an A.The b is for AS further maths which I'm currently doing (more like 'currently struggling with' tbh XD).
Thanks! I finished Math A2 in Yr 12 and got an A.The b is for AS further maths which I'm currently doing (more like 'currently struggling with' tbh XD).

Hey I had my interview on the 21st as well :biggrin:! Hopefully I'll hear soon XD
Just got an offer, come we goooooooooooooooo
Original post by DoctorPles

Well done, what time did it come through?
Original post by DoctorPles

Congrats! When were you interviewed?
Got my offer today. Undergrad entry. Interview 25th January
My heart literally sinks every time I read offers have gone out😩 had my interview 21st Jan

But MASSIVE congratulations to those with offers, stay happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest