The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Falmouth 16/17

Heya! New to the site! Is anyone planning to study at Falmouth Univeristy in September? If so, what course?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rosscharette55
Heya! New to the site! Is anyone planning to study at Falmouth Univeristy in September? If so, what course?!

Hi! I am starting this Sept! I am going to be doing Graphic Design BA. What course are you going to be on?
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Original post by hannah_denby
Hi! I am starting this Sept! I am going to be doing Graphic Design BA. What course are you going to be on?

Hey Hannah, I've applied to Falmouth and got my interview for Graphic Design on the 18th! Have you already had yours? if so - any advice?! x
Original post by annafdelia
Hey Hannah, I've applied to Falmouth and got my interview for Graphic Design on the 18th! Have you already had yours? if so - any advice?! x

Oh nice! Yeah I had my interview last year-differed entry, currently on my gap year. I think the main thing is just be yourself. Be enthusiastic and passionate about your work, and don't panic! They want to get to know you and why you did this and that in your portfolio and what inspired you etc. My interview was about what was in my portfolio and just learning a bit about me and what I do outside of the classroom, and why I wanted to go to Falmouth. I hope this helps and best of luck!!x
Oh nice! Yeah I had my interview last year-differed entry, currently on my gap year. I think the main thing is just be yourself. Be enthusiastic and passionate about your work, and don't panic! They want to get to know you and why you did this and that in your portfolio and what inspired you etc. My interview was about what was in my portfolio and just learning a bit about me and what I do outside of the classroom, and why I wanted to go to Falmouth. I hope this helps and best of luck!!x

Great advice thanks :smile:
Did you have to bring an essay with you? They specify it has to be an art & design based one which is rather annoying as I do english lit and the others just ask for a recent essay! Wondering how important it is/whether it's a deal breaker?? x
Original post by annafdelia
Great advice thanks :smile:
Did you have to bring an essay with you? They specify it has to be an art & design based one which is rather annoying as I do english lit and the others just ask for a recent essay! Wondering how important it is/whether it's a deal breaker?? x

Yes I did. I was conveniently doing an evaluative study at the time on the development of logo design, so I took that with me. As far as I can remember they didn't go through it in the interview with me, but they might have gone through it later in the day. I would advise taking an essay down with you based on an area of the subject you find interesting ie. book cover design or advertising and marketing etc. I don't think it has to be that long but I should assume a page and a bit? Or whatever it says on the website. x
Hey guys :smile: I'll be studying Acting BA Hons. I started this up as I'm moving 8 hours away so I'm not going to know anyone, I'd like to at least have some friends haha. Yeah, with the interview, all you have to do is be yourself and relax, they're interested in you as a person and why you're passionate in the subject you're taking etc, just be yourself and you'll do great! Good luck in your interview Anna :biggrin:
Original post by rosscharette55
Hey guys :smile: I'll be studying Acting BA Hons. I started this up as I'm moving 8 hours away so I'm not going to know anyone, I'd like to at least have some friends haha. Yeah, with the interview, all you have to do is be yourself and relax, they're interested in you as a person and why you're passionate in the subject you're taking etc, just be yourself and you'll do great! Good luck in your interview Anna :biggrin:

Cheers! I live like 6/7 hours away so I get the feeling aha, but I do know a bunch of people down there already which is handy>.< agh i've got 3 interviews next week and I'm just a lil nervy, esp. now cos of this essay! Just wanna give in my english coursework aha if all they want to see is if we can write well.
At least you know people! All I'll know are you two ish aha, you'll do great!! Yeah the essay thing would scare me too but the English coursework should be fine! They're not that bothered really. With my audition, they just said it had to be a post 20th century play so I went with American Idiot :biggrin: coursework shall be fine :smile:
What accommodation are you guys thing of?
What accommodation are you guys thing of?

Good choice Ross! Hmmm could I get away with taking english though? I don't wanna jeopardise it!! As for accommodation, I'm not entirely sure but I've stayed at the Penryn Campus before which is actually quite nice - kitchen is pretty decent and a double bed is a major plus! Didn't get to see any of the other accommodation in Falmouth though.. think they were only showing Penryn the times I went?
I'll be staying at Glasney Student Village on Penryn Campus I believe, but applications don't open until April I don't think
It seems awesome though, I love the accommodation though! Very nice stuff!
I think I'm going to Amryn or the View, haven't decided which yet though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohh nice, any particular reason why??
It's closer to the Falmouth campus and I prefer the rooms down there, also the kitchens look really good (I love my cooking, was a chalet host for 2 months😝)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh yeah I keep forgetting that there are two campuses! I did have a look at them and they are quite awesome not gonna lie. I need somewhere close as no doubt I'll be waking up late sometimes and so I'll need to rush haha. Okay that's really cool! I love cooking as well to be honest (my pancakes were on point) but spag bowl is my specialty. So is thanksgiving, being half American has its perks ;D
Being close because I'll be late sometimes is deffo a contributing factor as well >.< Oh nice! I've pretty much nailed a full roast. Always wanted Thanksgiving but parents never took to it.
Well at least we'll only be late sometimes! Wahey! Go you! Well I'll no doubt have to cook it for my roommates if they're wanting it so you guys feel free to come aha, I always cook too much
I always either massively over estimate how much to cook or under estimate it. Deffo need to have it at least once, count me in! >.<

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending