The Student Room Group

What's the luckiest escape you've had in a relationship?

Scroll to see replies

Was head over heels for this guy I used to date however the further the relationship got the more I realised he had an AWFUL temper. We would go out with friends and he would always get absolutely smashed and end up fighting bouncers, getting banned from various different venues.

When I ended things, he threatened to harm himself. I felt really guilty at first but soon realised he was just being vindictive and manipulative. He is currently facing being put away for violent assualt.
Original post by shawtyb
is this another dig?

and no i didnt have his kids

No
11 month steady relationship, I broke it off to focus on studying for exams.Turns out in 2 weeks he had another one under his arm. its been 4 months or so and he's together with my friend :s-smilie: lucky escape from a dick of a dude for me.
Original post by bad_username
11 month steady relationship, I broke it off to focus on studying for exams.Turns out in 2 weeks he had another one under his arm. its been 4 months or so and he's together with my friend :s-smilie: lucky escape from a dick of a dude for me.

So he only started going out with your friend within 2 weeks of breaking up?
Reply 44
Nothing but non stop lucky escapes

One of my relationships dragged on for 2,5 years. It was functional but the chemistry sucked and I didnt really love her. I kept it going though because I didnt want to hurt her. Eventually - like you do - I had to break it off though, and the delay that had passed made it so much worse than it should have been. Lucky escape tho because she wanted marriage. And I could feel my life vitality draining away

Another one is a mature student I was teaching and started sleeping with. Hot and the girl was amazing in bed, but she started going completely off the rails if I didnt text her back within 30 minutes. Im pretty sure she was literally planning on killing me. I ran so fast im pretty sure i broke some land speed records. I probably got 500+ texts and 200 missed phonecalls on literally the first day I ran.
Original post by InadequateJusticex
So he only started going out with your friend within 2 weeks of breaking up?

Yeah. Bit shitty right?
Yeah. Bit shitty right?

Yeah :frown: I've never even been in a relationship and the thought of any of my friends going out with a guy I previously dated/liked is just gut-wrenching :/
Yeah :frown: I've never even been in a relationship and the thought of any of my friends going out with a guy I previously dated/liked is just gut-wrenching :/

Never ever? :frown: it was pretty hurtful but i dont mind anymore. Whats done is done
Maybe my luckiest escape is never actually experiencing a relationship. People can be real ****s. :lol:

Lol I was just about to say that.
I was dating a woman 10 year older than me.

She left me to become a nun.

#catholicproblems

SS
Reply 50

So basically, you break up with him for a stupid reason and then get angry because he gets over you too quickly? He had the lucky escape from you, love.
Never ever? :frown: it was pretty hurtful but i dont mind anymore. Whats done is done

Never haha, makes me wonder if something is wrong with me sometimes. How long did it take for you to get over that?
Had 2 lucky escapes although one of them went on for too long.
Original post by Ab12392
So basically, you break up with him for a stupid reason and then get angry because he gets over you too quickly? He had the lucky escape from you, love.

How is studying for exams a stupid reason?? Oh no, i want to pass my exams. Oh no, i want a good life. Oh no, i dont want to work in McD. Boo hoo.
Reply 54
How is studying for exams a stupid reason?? Oh no, i want to pass my exams. Oh no, i want a good life. Oh no, i dont want to work in McD. Boo hoo.

Fair point, but why is it any concern of yours what your boyfriend does after you finish with him? You obviously didn't care enough about him to try and find a way to fit both him and exams into your life, so good on him for moving on so quickly.

Basically, youre just butt-hurt that he wasn't heart broken when you dumped him and found someone better straight away. Serves you right.
Never haha, makes me wonder if something is wrong with me sometimes. How long did it take for you to get over that?

Im sure you're an amazing person.

It took a good few months as i have to see him everyday..
Went on a blind date with a guy who turned out to be a major gambling addict in complete denial that liked to 'borrow' cash from his friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending