The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 02PC03
Got rejected from Cardiff my predicted grades are A*AA but no reason was provided just 'unsuccessful, withdrawn or is full' on track. What reason would they decline?

Did you have plenty of work experience and did you go to interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I had work experience at kings college hospital and I was rejected before being offered an interview. Does anyone have an conditional offer from cardiff
Original post by amyg97
3rd November, what about you?

Around about that time aswell:wink:))
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Did you have plenty of work experience and did you go to interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Somethingbeautiful i tried to PM you but it says your inbox is full so you cant recieve any til you get rid of some:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
For anyone who applied for Birmingham, did you get an email saying - your application has been reviewed by the admissions team and has now been referred to the admissions tutor for further consideration

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jd1234567
For anyone who applied for Birmingham, did you get an email saying - your application has been reviewed by the admissions team and has now been referred to the admissions tutor for further consideration

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good thing, your application has been accepted to the universities standards e.g grades and subjects
I got the same email. Im getting so worried because l've been rejected because of my grades but they've succeed the boundaries.

Ahhhh 😨
Reply 1147
Original post by rebec1
Hi, I was wanting to do some reading on physio before the course starts as I have a job which gives me A LOT of free time but don't know which books would be useful or which you get on the course, does anyone know which books I should buy and read?

Last year I picked up the Physiotherapists Pocketbook from Amazon. It's great and cheap! Can fit in your bag and is crammed with information that will come in handy as a student and eventually as a practitioner; the only reason I heard about it was because one of my placement supervisors actually carried one around in her pocket.

Apart from that, learn your anatomy. Doesn't necessarily need to be from a book, you could try the get body smart website. The site covers every system, and also has animations that allow you to see exactly what action a muscle performs.
Original post by R.L.W
Last year I picked up the Physiotherapists Pocketbook from Amazon. It's great and cheap! Can fit in your bag and is crammed with information that will come in handy as a student and eventually as a practitioner; the only reason I heard about it was because one of my placement supervisors actually carried one around in her pocket.

Apart from that, learn your anatomy. Doesn't necessarily need to be from a book, you could try the get body smart website. The site covers every system, and also has animations that allow you to see exactly what action a muscle performs.

I also got told to get that one on one of my work exp by the physios as they said it was basically their bible:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I have an interview at Worcester on monday. As it's not NHS funded I was wondering how anyone would suggest preparing for it? As I guess the interview is going to not be NHS values focussed, but I dont know really!
Original post by 02PC03
Got rejected from Cardiff my predicted grades are A*AA but no reason was provided just 'unsuccessful, withdrawn or is full' on track. What reason would they decline?

I got rejected without interview or reason and I've already achieved AAA in 2014. They might of rejected us for loads of reasons, didn't like the personal statement, didn't feel we had enough work experience, they could of even liked us but they have such a high volume of applications it could just be a 1% difference between me and someone else.
Original post by Zaclowton
I got rejected without interview or reason and I've already achieved AAA in 2014. They might of rejected us for loads of reasons, didn't like the personal statement, didn't feel we had enough work experience, they could of even liked us but they have such a high volume of applications it could just be a 1% difference between me and someone else.

I think if you email the university they can give you your reason for rejection.
I also got rejected from Cardiff but Im not overly bothered so wont email them.
What's the role of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy?
Reply 1153
Original post by R.L.W

Is it the one by Karen Kenyon do you know? Thank you for your reply:smile:
Reply 1154
Original post by rebec1
Is it the one by Karen Kenyon do you know? Thank you for your reply:smile:

That's the one!
Original post by laurrrawrr28

Pop onto the CSP website, it explains it all there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1156
Original post by laurrrawrr28

These are just a few things you could mention in an interview that I have pretty much just copy and pasted from the internet.

The CSP is a member-led organisation, that as a professional body, provides a range of professional services, promotes learning and good practice, and supports its members to achieve continuous professional development. The CSP is also responsible for campaigning on behalf of all physiotherapy staff and the physiotherapy profession.

The society supports research into physiotherapy through the CSP Charitable Trust which funds the Physiotherapy Research Foundation. It works to build knowledge in the professions by funding research to inform clinical practice and clinical effectiveness and build research capacity in the profession by providing new researchers with opportunities to gain funding to enhance their research skills and experience.

It is also a trade union body, but I'm not sure you would need to go in to detail about that during an interview.

Any additional info, just check out their website.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1157
Original post by R.L.W
That's the one!

Brilliant thank you, I will get one ordered now:smile:
Has anybody just had an email from Nottingham saying that your application is on hold?
Reckon they're just still getting through all the applications? (I applied 14th Jan!), or do you think that this is the 'maybe pile'?
Original post by Thomas95r
Has anybody just had an email from Nottingham saying that your application is on hold?
Reckon they're just still getting through all the applications? (I applied 14th Jan!), or do you think that this is the 'maybe pile'?

Hi,

I sent off my application in November and still haven't received a reply from Nottingham yet. They have until May to give us a reply so i wouldn't worry about it too much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending