The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lmao do you have a bedtime as well?
Reply 2
Whoaaa so how do you manage to catch up on your sleep? Bigger question is, how do you manage to survive? :eek:
Reply 3
Original post by Zargabaath
lmao do you have a bedtime as well?

:toofunny:
I meant the official and formal bedtime. When everyone in the house hops on to their beds :rofl:
Yeh I have this. It's insanely annoying, but probably for my own benefit.
Probably not... I'll just take my kids devices away from them before they go to bed
When they are our age, I let them be on their phone for as long as they want and feel that shitty un-rested feeling in the morning like I do as punishment.
Original post by Hamoody
:toofunny:
I meant the official and formal bedtime. When everyone in the house hops on to their beds :rofl:

out of curiosity, how old are you?
My parent s tried to do this when we were younger and I can understand why but I don't think it's a good idea if they're leafy hooked on their devices as they'll probably just act up and won't go to bed st all, from a young age they should be taught moderation and maybe their devices should be taken away before they sleep
Reply 8
Omg my sister has the wifi password so if we don't listen to her she changes it as punishment 😭😭😭😭 and then we have to suck up to her to get the wifi back. Its like the ultimate punishment and she always ends up getting her way

It's so annoying but to answer your question OP nope, parents don't turn off wifi for sleep.
Original post by Hamoody
I have this aggravating issue wherein my parents turn of the Wifi when it is bedtime. I could of course have turned it back on once they were asleep, but unfortunately the router is installed in their room. :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Would you turn off the WiFi in your house to ensure your kids slept early?

Not to my kids :frown:( though sleep is good !!!!! Just go on a mission and turn it on in their room >:smile: do some crazy ninja moves or some **** :P I don't know but eh sleeping is good and my parents are the same though its not in their bedroom, its downstairs in the living room and the stairs make noise at night if you step on it so i have to be quiet!
That kind of strict parenting gives me goosebumps.
I remember one of my old friends had parents like that. Felt so sorry for him.
Buy a dongle and top it up to use at night, or just tether your phone.
My brother has set up the router to have his password; he turns on parental controls to block wifi to an individual's device if that individual does not listen.
Reply 13
i know how you feel. My dad takes our phones off us bc we be on it till late. He also gives me a bedtime sometimes. idc if people call it childish, it annoyed me at first but its only bc he wants best for me and for me to get rest
Reply 14
lol no... they'll learn like their mother did when she was on TSR til 5 am and had to get up at 7 am for school and felt like **** for a week trying to sort herself out :lol:

i dont want my kids to just do stuff like this cos 'mum said so' - I want them to experience first hand why mum said so x'D
Reply 15
Ohh my bad :colondollar:
Original post by z33
lol no... they'll learn like their mother did when she was on TSR til 5 am and had to get up at 7 am for school and felt like **** for a week trying to sort herself out :lol:

i dont want my kids to just do stuff like this cos 'mum said so' - I want them to experience first hand why mum said so x'D

Godddd :eek:
Words of wisdom :hat2::hat2::hat2:
Our wifi router is never turned off. It's like the fridge.

My mum normally takes the ipad from my brothers when its their bedtime because otherwise they'll be up till midnight on youtube. I would do the same. Everyone else gets to stay up late on the internet doing whatever.
That's a good idea :colone: Haha I might do this if I ever have kids..
Reply 18
:mad2: :laugh:
I don't have kids, WiFi or a house. So no.

Latest