The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by zzdevzz
I have mine tomorrow

How did it go? Also, I don't have an actual portfolio display case, instead I have mounted work on sheets in a plastic wallet, is that sufficient or do you feel that will effect the success of my interview? Aha and also, how much stuff did you bring with you?
yeah mine's then :/
Original post by Lawlrai
Hi all,

I have an interview at UCL tomorrow and due to complications, my portfolio is merely mounted pieces of work in a plastic A1 wallet/folder. I know many people usually get a display case for these pieces. Will this affect my interview or my success rate in getting an offer? Silly I know, but there's no time to get one 😭

At a previous interview I was the only one with a sketchbook of portfolio stuff and not one of those massive folders and which was worrying, but they didn't seem to care so you should be fine!
Reply 763
Original post by ambighak
At a previous interview I was the only one with a sketchbook of portfolio stuff and not one of those massive folders and which was worrying, but they didn't seem to care so you should be fine!

Ahh ok thank god, I was worried about rolling up with just sheets stuffed in a wallet 😂 I think display cases are so much better but ah, as usual I leave everything to the last minute
Original post by Lawlrai
Ahh ok thank god, I was worried about rolling up with just sheets stuffed in a wallet 😂 I think display cases are so much better but ah, as usual I leave everything to the last minute

Saaame it's in two days and I'm only starting to prep now :| Have you heard anything about what the interview is like at all? Idk what to expect
What website did you guys used to create your portfolio for Kent University? Is there any maximum photos or artwork ? Because it was not mentioned on the email.
Haven't received an reply from Newcastle yet. It has been a month since I sent my portfolio. Do you think I should call them?
Reply 767
Original post by ambighak
Saaame it's in two days and I'm only starting to prep now :| Have you heard anything about what the interview is like at all? Idk what to expect

No, no one seems to be talking about it on here 😭 I just know that the interview is based around the portfolio and your work 😭 I'll let you all know when I've done it to help out a bit but I'm sure you'll be fine!
Original post by archincent
What website did you guys used to create your portfolio for Kent University? Is there any maximum photos or artwork ? Because it was not mentioned on the email.

Hello, i applied for Kent too. :smile:! I'm using carbonmade, so far so good! And i think there isn't a limit of work as it didn't mention anything about it for mine too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 769
Original post by georgiaaahg
was your application to cambridge successful? mine wasn't, but just wandering if anyone got an offer?

Nah I got rejected aha, quite glad for it actually! Much prefer the focus of the courses at Sheffield and UCL!
Original post by cowie
Nah I got rejected aha, quite glad for it actually! Much prefer the focus of the courses at Sheffield and UCL!

Oo dude did u get an interview at UCL!
Reply 771
Do they email you to confirm that they've received your task? I sent off my task to UCL Bartlett this Monday. The tracking record shows my post has been delivered and signed on Tuesday morning. But I'm still quite worried whether it was correctly delivered, because "140 Hampstead Road" was somehow not printed onto the tracking label...
Original post by Boum
Do they email you to confirm that they've received your task? I sent off my task to UCL Bartlett this Monday. The tracking record shows my post has been delivered and signed on Tuesday morning. But I'm still quite worried whether it was correctly delivered, because "140 Hampstead Road" was somehow not printed onto the tracking label...

Yep they send you an email you once they've received it:smile:
Original post by Boum

Yeah they do. But they may take a bit longer than a day to email you as they would need to actually process your task amongst the many they do receive. Don't worry. If they don't email you by Friday I would call in though: call Chris Cutbush (contact can be found on the Bartlett site!)
Original post by cowie

ah ok, with the department being only 40-45 people, it might have got a bit insular, well congratulations then!
Does anyone else have an interview tomorrow (11th Feb) for Bartlett? I've seen on TSR that the interview is 'casual' but I'm seriously so nervous (I'm dreading the "so why architecture?" question )
Reply 776
Original post by nairline
Oo dude did u get an interview at UCL!

Yeah, it's tomorrow!! eek!
Original post by cowie
Yeah, it's tomorrow!! eek!

How long did it take to you to finish the task? I'm having such an hard time. Mine is due the 17 and I do not like the work I did! I'm afraid that if I'll send that they won't like it
Original post by nadabannana
Does anyone else have an interview tomorrow (11th Feb) for Bartlett? I've seen on TSR that the interview is 'casual' but I'm seriously so nervous (I'm dreading the "so why architecture?" question )

Yes it's quite casual:smile: hate to break it to you but the 'why architecture why bartlett' would most likely be asked:'D but i'm sure you'll do fine, just be confident and be yourself
Guys, nobody replies to me, so I will try to ask once again...
I've sent my task for UCL like a month ago, do you think longer they take to reply, lower the chance i have??? :frown:(((

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending