The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel Biology Coursework - Word count

So I've finished my coursework for unit 6, however my word count seems... Rediculous compared to the "guideline" and what others on the Internet have done. Mine is at approximately 13,000 words... There is no way I could have done less than this, I just need reassurance I won't be penalised??
Reply 1
I assume this is edexcel, my cw was around 15,000 words long. You are only penalised if there is irrelevant info, simply some projects need more words than others. Make sure that everything you write is relevant and mark worthy (so use the scheme).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PsychoD
I assume this is edexcel, my cw was around 15,000 words long. You are only penalised if there is irrelevant info, simply some projects need more words than others. Make sure that everything you write is relevant and mark worthy (so use the scheme).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, Edexcel. Thank you, that puts my mind at ease!
Reply 3
No problem! I got 43 last year, any questions just ask. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PsychoD
No problem! I got 43 last year, any questions just ask. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, that's amazing. Congratulations! What did you do your coursework on?
Reply 5
Rate of movement of maggots to test enzymes in muscle contraction. Basically heating maggots so they move faster. Many a larva died for science! What's yours on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PsychoD
Rate of movement of maggots to test enzymes in muscle contraction. Basically heating maggots so they move faster. Many a larva died for science! What's yours on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say how unethical, but I cannot stand maggots so I'll let you off with this one! :wink:

Mine's on human reaction time and the effect of different distractions on it.
Reply 7
The main conclusion was basically: when they get to 60 degrees everything denatures and they die.... It took an a2 bio coursework to tell me that maggots die when they get really hot...Who knew! There was one sentence on ethics in the whole thing because i was made to XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending