The Student Room Group

MMI - MATHS station

I have a interview tomorrow at (I know, really last minute) and I have been preparing for a very long time, but I don't know about the maths station!

What is the best way to go about preparing for the maths station?
What kind of maths do MMI's normally ask? Is it A level or GCSE, is it very hard? I am not looking for specific medical schools maths for confidentiality reasons, but in general...

Thanks!
Original post by harmer1998
I have a interview tomorrow at (I know, really last minute) and I have been preparing for a very long time, but I don't know about the maths station!

What kind of maths do MMI's normally ask? Is it A level or GCSE, is it very hard? I am not looking for specific medical schools maths for confidentiality reasons, but in general...

Thanks!

GCSE not A level

It will probably be something like conversions?
Make sure you know your mg to g etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by harmer1998

Thanks!

Maths in medicine is a lot of understanding about;

- Mili to micro to nano i.e. 1ml is 1000ul is 1 000 000nl
- Doses over time, how much to give over a period of time
- Half lives

It's not complex, GCSE level maths...just stay focused and you'll have time to chill at the end of the station. You'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest