The Student Room Group

will having a maths GCSE be enough for the future?

Scroll to see replies

Ahhh I remember struggling with that when I was doing exam questions for it!

My tip is to go back to the beginning of that chapter and start again. Have you watched the exams solutions tutorials and video run throughs of exam questions? Highly recommended.

Just a warning though coordinate geometry gets even harder in C2, and it probably is carried forward to C3 and C4 as well. It's an essential skill you'll have to master, but with practice and guidance you'll get there.

When I started mechanics I thought there was no hope for me, with a bit of perseverance and a lot of practice - I'm doing fine!
Any non-STEM degrees or careers won't care at all if you don't do A-level maths. But you haven't specified where you want to work in the future, so...
Original post by Alexion
Any non-STEM degrees or careers won't care at all if you don't do A-level maths. But you haven't specified where you want to work in the future, so...

oh thats good then, i initially thought maths would still look impressive with non stem degrees, thanks for confirming!
Original post by jamestg
Ahhh I remember struggling with that when I was doing exam questions for it!

My tip is to go back to the beginning of that chapter and start again. Have you watched the exams solutions tutorials and video run throughs of exam questions? Highly recommended.

Just a warning though coordinate geometry gets even harder in C2, and it probably is carried forward to C3 and C4 as well. It's an essential skill you'll have to master, but with practice and guidance you'll get there.

When I started mechanics I thought there was no hope for me, with a bit of perseverance and a lot of practice - I'm doing fine!

Thanks, i admire you for that but now that i've read all of these replies, i think i'll just give up on maths and stem subjects altogether! :smile:
Don't give up on it completely :smile: this September it might all click once you've had a break and you will have more time to focus on your work :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest