The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

There are a few people on the thread who've asked what branch people have applied for...have people been applying for different branches on the same UCAS application? If so, how did you frame your personal statement?
Interview for Uni of Cumbria tomorrow - the only place I have applied - wish me luck 😊 x
Original post by trixie181288
Has anyone received offers from Chester or Huddersfield? Had my interview in December for Chester just wondering if anyone knows the turnaround for them to get back to you? Anyone had rejections already from either of those? I was rejected from edge hill only two days after my interview xx

Hey, I have my interview for Chester tomorrow and I was wondering what it was like? I the math test difficult?

Thanks xx
Original post by Ao1811
Thanks!! Yeah it is child and my interview was the 25th of Jan

I think I was at the same interview as you, I got a place too :biggrin: Well donee!
hey has anyone had an interview at chester uni? i was just wondering how many people they take and what is the required score for the maths test? The website says that there is also a english test but the timetable I was sent does not include one... super nervous as my interviews tomorrow!
Reply 1065
Original post by AmyH81
Interview for Uni of Cumbria tomorrow - the only place I have applied - wish me luck 😊 x

GOOD LUCK... Let me know how you get on
Original post by Ellie-Pickard98
hey has anyone had an interview at chester uni? i was just wondering how many people they take and what is the required score for the maths test? The website says that there is also a english test but the timetable I was sent does not include one... super nervous as my interviews tomorrow!

Hey, I have interview at Chester on 29th, what field of Nursing have you applied for? I think Child is about 16ppl they take on. Hope your interview goes well! Good Luck
Got my offer for Salford !! So Happy x
Original post by Amy2986

Congratulations Amy! Is that your first choice? If so, I'll see you there!
Original post by Amy2986

Just got an offer too! Just when I thought I'd be having to wait till April.
Original post by Jolleigh
Congratulations Amy! Is that your first choice? If so, I'll see you there!

Yeah I had my heart set on it !! Your on the September intake aren't u ?!? Xx
Original post by aelliot
Just got an offer too! Just when I thought I'd be having to wait till April.

Haha me too !! Which intake are you on ?!? X
Yep, September intake. Hasn't really sunk in yet I don't think :smile:
Original post by Amy2986
Haha me too !! Which intake are you on ?!? X

September 2016 :smile:
Original post by aelliot
September 2016 :smile:

The same 😊 Xx
Anyone going to northampton September intake?😊
Original post by Ellie-Pickard98
Hey, I have my interview for Chester tomorrow and I was wondering what it was like? I the math test difficult?

Thanks xx

Sorry just seen this now! I thought the test was okay, a few common sense and a few drug calculations. Plenty of time to do it as well. Good luck! Xx
Reply 1077
Original post by emmawebb
Oh how exciting. I had my interview for DMU childrens nursing on the 20th of Jan and when I rang them last week they aaid I was on hold because my tests were a little lower than they would expect but were still high ebough so I'm just sitting in the back burner for now lol it's killing me 😣 xx

Hey I've got my DMU Interview in a few weeks, do you have any tips or any advice? Im really nervous about it
Original post by aamira
Hey I've got my DMU Interview in a few weeks, do you have any tips or any advice? Im really nervous about it

Hiya. Honestly it's so relaxed and well orangised. They give you a scenario to read over while you wait on your interview to be called then you have to discuss that scenario with the interviewers and tell them how you would act if you were the nurse in charge of that situation. Then they ask you a few questions as normal.. jusy know why you want to be a nurse in a particular branch. Know your 6 c's and how you would use them in a certain situation. I felt great about my interview. It was a lovely experience so please don't worry xxx
Hey I've posted a few times , anyone got a response from Bradford ?

Quick Reply