The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Primary Education Edinburgh Interview

Has anybody else got an interview for primary education on the 17th of February? I'm so nervous! Or has anyone been to an interview for this course before and knows what to expect, what to wear etc? Really need some help!!

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I have moved this to the Edinburgh forum for you as hopefully you will get some responses here :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by Chloe.CH
Has anybody else got an interview for primary education on the 17th of February? I'm so nervous! Or has anyone been to an interview for this course before and knows what to expect, what to wear etc? Really need some help!!

Hi, I've just been offered an interview on the 17th too! I'm also really anxious about it if that makes you feel any better. Any ideas what you're going to do your presentation on? :smile:
Original post by redurquhart
Hi, I've just been offered an interview on the 17th too! I'm also really anxious about it if that makes you feel any better. Any ideas what you're going to do your presentation on? :smile:

Ahh thank god I'm not the only one! What's your 'with' subject? And I have really no clue what to do the presentation on, have you?:biggrin:
Original post by ByronicHero
Hi,

I have moved this to the Edinburgh forum for you as hopefully you will get some responses here :smile:

Thank you!:biggrin:

Yeah I have one on the 17th too! I'm so nervous and have no idea what to expect. I have my Glasgow interview tomorrow so hopefully that'll give me a rough idea of what to expect in interviews! 😅
Original post by amytolland
Yeah I have one on the 17th too! I'm so nervous and have no idea what to expect. I have my Glasgow interview tomorrow so hopefully that'll give me a rough idea of what to expect in interviews! 😅

Aww thats really good! Let us know how it went and what to expect!
Will do. I genuinely have no idea what to expect at it but hopefully it'll be help for the Edinburgh one.
Ahh thank god I'm not the only one! What's your 'with' subject? And I have really no clue what to do the presentation on, have you?:biggrin:

Ahh I know, it's scary when you don't know anyone!! I'm doing History, what about yourself? And I'm the same, I've got an interview for Aberdeen uni tho and you have to do a presentation for that so I might just do it on the same thing? Although I don't know if that would be allowed D: Have you got any other interview offers? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh I know, it's scary when you don't know anyone!! I'm doing History, what about yourself? And I'm the same, I've got an interview for Aberdeen uni tho and you have to do a presentation for that so I might just do it on the same thing? Although I don't know if that would be allowed D: Have you got any other interview offers? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing history as well, I dont have any idea what to do my presentation on but I'm sure it will be fine:biggrin: I dont have any other interviews to go for, but as its a group interview when we have to do our presentations, how many people do you think it will be?😭

:K:
I'm doing history as well, I dont have any idea what to do my presentation on but I'm sure it will be fine:biggrin: I dont have any other interviews to go for, but as its a group interview when we have to do our presentations, how many people do you think it will be?😭

:K:

Aw yay☺️ it'll be fine honestly, at least we'll be in the same boat, and it's just 2 mins of spelling so can't be that bad? I guess we should start to prepare them now.. It's such short notice tho, I only got the email yesterday😩 when did you get yours? Omg I was wondering the same thing, normally it's about 10 people but I really don't know, hope it's not too many more!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aw yay☺️ it'll be fine honestly, at least we'll be in the same boat, and it's just 2 mins of spelling so can't be that bad? I guess we should start to prepare them now.. It's such short notice tho, I only got the email yesterday😩 when did you get yours? Omg I was wondering the same thing, normally it's about 10 people but I really don't know, hope it's not too many more!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only got my email yesterday as well, honestly its so bad! A week tomorrow😭 I really hope its no more than 10 people, I just need a good subject to do my presentation on😭✋🏼
Hi, I tried to put something up but I have no idea if it has or not so il put it again just incase 😂 I have an interview for the 17th and it's on my birthday 😂 but I"d say just wear like black trousers, a skirt, or a casual dress and a like a plain top. Have you had any other interviews or heard back from any other uni's? I had an interview at Dundee a while ago, and I have this one and one for Dumfries soon, even after my interview at Dundee I'm still so nervous for this one. I've started to prepare my presentation, do you know what your doing your's on?.
Original post by Bethpettigrew1
Hi, I tried to put something up but I have no idea if it has or not so il put it again just incase 😂 I have an interview for the 17th and it's on my birthday 😂 but I"d say just wear like black trousers, a skirt, or a casual dress and a like a plain top. Have you had any other interviews or heard back from any other uni's? I had an interview at Dundee a while ago, and I have this one and one for Dumfries soon, even after my interview at Dundee I'm still so nervous for this one. I've started to prepare my presentation, do you know what your doing your's on?.

Yeah thats what I was thinking too! I havent heard back from anyone else, but I don't know what I'm doing ny presentation on yet, do you? I'm just worried about group sizes, how many do you think they will put in a group?
Where else did you apply too? And i just followed the email and i am doing it on parent's involvement in education, for dundee i was in a group with 9 others im guessing they will do the same but probably not more than 20, im hoping anyway cause i can't talk infront of people 😂 i'm so glad for dumfries i don't have to do a presentation.
I only got my email yesterday as well, honestly its so bad! A week tomorrow😭 I really hope its no more than 10 people, I just need a good subject to do my presentation on😭✋🏼

I know, I thought it'd be next month or something!😩 ahh 10 people sounds like enough to me😂 we'll all be in the same boat though so it'll be fine😌 me too, still can't decide! Do you think we'll be able to use Q cards? It says no visual aids but I'm presuming that just means no power points?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought i'd reply, for my dundee one everyone used Q cards so I'm assuming that would fine but your not allowed powerpoint.
Original post by Bethpettigrew1
I thought i'd reply, for my dundee one everyone used Q cards so I'm assuming that would fine but your not allowed powerpoint.

Thank you! That's what I thought but just wanted to make sure. How did your Dundee interview go? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also have an interview on the same day! I've had an interview at both stranmillis and Dundee, but they were completely different, so don't really know what to expect from Edinburgh! Does anyone have any idea what it might be like?
Hi, I've got an interview on the 17th too! I'm presuming there isn't an individual interview as well since nothing has been said about one but does anyone know any different? I have no idea what to expect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending