The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield Offer Holders 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Adelemyqueen
I have already been on an exchange year to England (I have actually lived in Canterbury for year hence why I'm applying to Kent too) and I really enjoyed it! And there's no English lit course at the Uni in Luxembourg (yeah we have only got one uni...) :biggrin:

ah right, well I'm sure you'll really enjoy studying here. I've never been to Kent but from what I've heard Canterbury is lovely, I'm really looking forward to visiting when I go to the applicant day. I hope you get into one of your main choices anyway! :smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by Ellismall
ah right, well I'm sure you'll really enjoy studying here. I've never been to Kent but from what I've heard Canterbury is lovely, I'm really looking forward to visiting when I go to the applicant day. I hope you get into one of your main choices anyway! :smile:

I'm pretty sure you'll like it, it's small but lovely :smile: Thanks, good luck with your exams, we might see each other in September!
I'm pretty sure you'll like it, it's small but lovely :smile: Thanks, good luck with your exams, we might see each other in September!

Haha yes maybe we will :smile: good luck to you too!
Reply 303
Got an offer from Sheffield for English Literature, requirements AAB.
Made it my firm choice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HazMusicPanda
I am!

Sweet! What course are you looking at doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by limaed
Got an offer from Sheffield for English Literature, requirements AAB. Made it my firm choice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! :smile: Except I haven't made it my firm choice yet, but I probably will!
That link I sent was for our Sheffield Hallam page, if you want info on The University of Sheffield then let me know 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 307
That's great!
Love the uni but was a bit apprehensive about how far it from London where I live.
Original post by limaed
That's great!
Love the uni but was a bit apprehensive about how far it from London where I live.

I'm originally from the south east and loved how far away it was from home. I didn't apply to anywhere in the south and am not looking forward to working back down there for a year.

Once you're there you'll realise how much better the north is
Original post by super_kawaii
I'm originally from the south east and loved how far away it was from home. I didn't apply to anywhere in the south and am not looking forward to working back down there for a year.

Once you're there you'll realise how much better the north is

Why is the north better/what are the differences? I'm really curious as I've only been to the north a couple of times
Why is the north better/what are the differences? I'm really curious as I've only been to the north a couple of times

For one, people are actually friendly. There's none of this snobbish keeping up with the Joneses that's so toxically prevalant in the south.

It's also really affordable up north. One of my best friends is at uni in London and her weekly rent, not including bills, is the same as my monthly rent, including bills! It's impossible to afford a house in the southeast, whereas it's possible up north.

The north's not a desolate wasteland like many southerners seem to think. There's more to do in Sheffield, where I'm at uni, than in my hometown down south. Public transport, post offices and shops doesn't even exist in my hometown!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by super_kawaii
For one, people are actually friendly. There's none of this snobbish keeping up with the Joneses that's so toxically prevalant in the south.

It's also really affordable up north. One of my best friends is at uni in London and her weekly rent, not including rent is the same as my monthly rent, including bills! It's impossible to afford a house in the southeast, whereas it's possible up north.

The north's not a desolate wasteland like many southerners seem to think. There's more to do in Sheffield, where I'm at uni, than in my hometown down south. Public transport, post offices and shops doesn't even exist in my hometown!

Thanks :smile: I know about London, one of my friends has actually just moved to Vienna because London's ridiculously expensive and you don't even get anything for your money. This sounds good though, Sheffield is becoming more and more interesting to me!
Anyone going to the applicants day tomorrow???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got an offer for MEng Chemical Engineering? Thinking of firming it.
Anybody firming English and Theatre?😊
Anyone got a offer for history with foundation year? :smile: or just foundation year
Education studies, anyone?
Hello! I'd appreciate if anyone could look at my Grow Your Grades forum. A competition is being held by TSR so it would be great for everyone to get involved! Both links are here.http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3898153http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1147
Modern Languages anyone?
Got a letter last week for an unspecified offer for Biochemistry and Genetics, have an interview /open day on March 7th. I've never had an interview before and I'm really nervous because Sheffield would be my first choice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending