Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham: Offer Holders 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by poyell1
Name: Pauline
Course: Nutrition
AS subjects: Food technology, Physical Education, Psychology & Philosophy and Ethics
AS results: BCCU😫
A2 Prediction: BBB
Offer: ABB/BBB

I feel so dumb compared to you guys😭

Don't worry about it mate! you did better than myself! Good luck with your course.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 61
Thank you :tongue: what have you applied for?
Reply 62
Name: Sopunnka
Course: LLB
AS-Levels: (will sit them alongside A-levels this May-June)
Predicted A-Levels: A*AAA
Offer: AAA
LNAT: 27
Reply 63
Name: Anil
Course: MEng Mechanical Engineering w/ Foundation year
AS-Levels: Economics, Business Studies, Psychology & Physics(Sitting with A2s)
AS-Levels: ABB
A2 Prediction: ABB
Offer: ABC-BBB + C in AS Physics
Original post by JRKinder
Name: James
Course: Economics
AS-Levels: AAAB (Taking another AS this year - predicted A)
Predicted A-Levels: A*A*A*

Congrats to everyone who has offers so far, and for those who don't I'm sure they'll come in soon :smile:

Wow, those are high grades! Just out of curiosity, what subjects are you currently doing for A levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JGH101
So I'm pretty sure this hasn't been done yet and I think people are starting to get 2016 offers! Give us a bit of background as well :smile:

Name:
Course:
AS-Levels:
Predicted A-Levels:
Offer:

I'll go first...

Name: Jacob
Course: Biology (BSc and MSci)
AS-Levels: AABB
Predicted A-Levels: A*AB
Offer: BSc Biology (AAB) and MSci Biology (AAB)

I'm not sure which one to go for yet!

Name: Isabelle
Course: english and philosophy
AS levels:AAAA
A level predicted: A*AA
Offer: English and philosophy joint hons (AAB)

I think Notts is my first choice atm but still waiting on an offer from Durham🤔
Name: Olga
Course: PPE
AS-Levels: AABBE
Predicted A-Levels: A*AAA + EPQ
Offer: AAA or AABB
Hi guys, got an offer for a engineering foundation year.. Not sure about the city of Nottingham though. Could anyone give me a bit of information about what it's like as a place to live, I'll be coming from Newcastle, so I want a proper city place. Thanks :smile:
Original post by lwaller
Name: Lewis
Course: Chemical Engineering (Masters w/foundation year)
AS-Subjects: Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Computer Programming
AS-Levels: EEDC (Seriously ballsed up my AS year :K:)
Predicted A-Levels: BBC
Offer: ABC/BBB

Are you doing a foundation year in chem eng specifically? I applied for the engineering and physical sciences foundation year, are they the same thing?
Original post by emilyiris
Hi guys, got an offer for a engineering foundation year.. Not sure about the city of Nottingham though. Could anyone give me a bit of information about what it's like as a place to live, I'll be coming from Newcastle, so I want a proper city place. Thanks :smile:

Google it!!! It sounds like a great city where students can really enjoy themselves. Attend an offer holders day and speak to students and staff. 😀
Name: Sarah
Course: English and History
AS-Levels: AAAAA (including general studies)
Predicted A-Levels: A*A*A*A
Offer: AAA (unconditional if first firm choice)
Reply 71
Original post by emilyiris
Are you doing a foundation year in chem eng specifically? I applied for the engineering and physical sciences foundation year, are they the same thing?

Hi! I've applied for the foundation year too, what it does is it gives you a year to get up to standard for the engineering course (working on maths and physics) then after your first year you can then choose which masters in engineering you would like to do!
Original post by Nerwen
I am at Nottingham at the moment, and I am originally from Newcastle. I really love the city, you have areas such as Beeston which have high streets full of charity shops (I love it as it reminds me of Gosforth), and you also have areas such as Lenton which are great areas for partying.

The clubbing scene is quite big in Nottingham, Ocean always seems to have something going on. There are a lot of pub crawls throughout the year and plenty of socials.

The city centre is nice and big (there are plenty of Greggs), and the large shopping centre is run by the same people as Eldon Square. There are lots of pubs (including sobar which is alcohol free) and shops in the city centre, and they have a lot of good restaurants.

Nottingham also has a very big asian community, so while there may not be a china town, there are lots of places to go for chinese food (I live next door to a wholesale place on the high street), and chinese new year is always a big deal (especially with the uni's ties).

The transport system is very good, bus travel is £1 for students, you just need your uni ID. They also have a tram network where you purchase your tickets in a similar fashion to the metro.

While I will still always love Newcastle, I have found Nottingham to be a great city (even if it is lacking in a metro).

If you have any questions then feel free to ask :smile:

Thank you so much! You've been a great help! So would you recommend it as a good uni too then? What course are you studying?
Name: Izzy
Course: History and Politics
AS Levels: AAAD
Predicted A-Levels: A*AA
A-Level subjects: History, Politics, Sociology, French (dropped at AS)
anyone else got an offer to study English literature here?

I'm struggling to choose whether to firm Warwick/Nottingham :smile:
Reply 75
Original post by sapunzel97
anyone else got an offer to study English literature here?

I'm struggling to choose whether to firm Warwick/Nottingham :smile:

Same here! Have been to a Warwick applicant day, and still not sure. Going to a Nottingham applicant day soon . . .hopefully then I'll be able to decide:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
yoyoyo

Name: Salahadin
Course: Chemical Engineering
AS-Levels:ABBB
Predicted A-Levels:A*AA
Offer:AAA
Original post by rubetta5
Same here! Have been to a Warwick applicant day, and still not sure. Going to a Nottingham applicant day soon . . .hopefully then I'll be able to decide:smile:

I'm also struggling between Warwick and Nottingham (also Sussex) but am siding with Nottingham more since their theatre programme looks interesting and it seems more city based - through I haven't visited either yet.

Name: Jessica
Course: Philosophy (applied for foundation year but was offered the main course)
A2: DE (retaking this year)
Predicted: BBB
Offer: ABB
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone gan to the open day on 12th March?
Reply 79
MEV
Medicine
A*AA achieved
Unconditional offer
Guys is there an open day for medicine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending