The Student Room Group

My journey to a*a*aa

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!!

My name is FREYA and Join me on the road to great grades!!
Follow for motivation ( I'm going to try and motivate myself too!!) I am applying for Medicine.. SO LETS DO THIS :smile:

REVISION TECHNIQUE
* Feb- March : Thorough revision.. understand everything
*April: repetition of everything covered in 2 months and Past papers
* May : repetition and MORE PAST PAPERS (WOO :smile: )

Useful techniques:
Read 1-2 sides of revision guide and scribble everything you know. Go back and check what you have missed.
Do loads of past papers including the legacy and write everything you didn't get right on a piece of paper to look again later.
Use the forest app to record how much revision you've done for each subject
Do 2-3 hours weekdays and 6 hours Saturday and Sunday
Make a revision timetable and stick to it
Do all the homework during Frees at school and revise after school

Remember if you work hard, you can achieve anything!!!

Motivation quotes

Dreams is not what you see in sleep, Its the thing that doesn't let you sleep -

“Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.” - Abdul Kalam

GOALS

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good luck to you :woo:
Reply 2
Original post by Black Rose
Good luck to you :woo:

Thank you! You too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
10/02/2016: procrastinating was through the roof but I managed to do 45 minutes of thermodynamics.

11/02/2016: Do a unit 4 past paper for chemistry and biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Best of luck!! I see you use the scribble technique too haha :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by kdizzle97
Best of luck!! I see you use the scribble technique too haha :biggrin:

I love the scribble technique !!! It's so effective :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FREYA2898
Dreams is not what you see in sleep, Its the thing that doesn't let you sleep -

I :heart: that quote.

10/02/2016: procrastinating was through the roof but I managed to do 45 minutes of thermodynamics.

I thought you just do ICT, Biology, Chemistry and EPQ. I was going to say because A level Physics covers very little thermodynamics. :redface:

How come you don't do A level Maths?
Reply 7
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I :heart: that quote.

I thought you just do ICT, Biology, Chemistry and EPQ. I was going to say because A level Physics covers very little thermodynamics. :redface:

How come you don't do A level Maths?

I never really enjoyed maths!! What subjects are you doing ? And what course at uni ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I never really enjoyed maths!! What subjects are you doing ? And what course at uni ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok. I studied A level History, Maths, Physics and got BBC. I'm on a gap year atm resitting my A2 exams predicted A*AC(AAB) and have a offer at UCL/KCL(both asking for AAA) for MSc Physics.
What uni are you hoping to apply for?? Going to try adopt your revision method, just to spite my teachers that said i couldn't get into medicine:biggrin:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Ah ok. I studied A level History, Maths, Physics and got BBC. I'm on a gap year atm resitting my A2 exams predicted A*AC(AAB) and have a offer at UCL/KCL(both asking for AAA) for MSc Physics.

Did you have to explain why you're taking three years to do your A Levels in your personal statement or reference? :ninja:

You don't have to answer if you don't want to; I'm just asking because I might apply to one of those two universities for a related subject next year, in similar circumstances.
Original post by Hydeman
Did you have to explain why you're taking three years to do your A Levels in your personal statement or reference? :ninja:

You don't have to answer if you don't want to; I'm just asking because I might apply to one of those two universities for a related subject next year, in similar circumstances.

Idm you asking :lol:

I had to mention that I'm resitting my A level exams in 1-2 sentences towards the last paragraph of my personal statement. I'm not sure about my reference as my personal tutor filled that out but generally It would be the same he wrote the first time round.
Reply 12
Original post by aoifea100
What uni are you hoping to apply for?? Going to try adopt your revision method, just to spite my teachers that said i couldn't get into medicine:biggrin:

My teachers think I have no chance at medicine. But I will prove them wrong !!! I'm taking a gap year. Try the method.. It's really effective

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Okay here goes the plan for the reminder of the Easter Holiday
Morning session : 9-12
Afternoon: 1-4
Evening: 5-8

02/04 : Unit 4 Biology : A/E Nutrient cycle, Energy and Ecosystems and Populations
03/04 : M(Response to stimuli and co-ordination) + A( Control of Gene expression and Genetic control of protein + E ( Unit 2 Bio Variation, Evidence of Relationship and Adaption selection
04/04: + A(Inorganic Reactions Chem) + DIDNT DO ANYTHING :frown:
05/04: M(Organic chemistry and analysis) + A(Inheritance and selection more ppq needs to be done ) + E(Photosynthesis and ATP and Respiration)
06/04 : DNA Technology, Unit 4 Chemistry : ( More organic compounds) + (Basic organic chemistry) + Acids and Bases
07/04 : Unit 2 Biology M(Exchange and transport half way done )E(Unit 2 Bio DNA and Meisois)M(The variety of life and cell cycle done it )

8/04-10/04
* ICT coursework 9/04
* Essay 25 marker 07/04
* ICT revision 10/04
* EMPA practice 08/04
* Chemistry HW 11/04

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
After the easter holidays, I have 1 month and around 25 days till my first exam. I will need to memorise all the content and do all the past papers including OCR, AQA and the legacy papers
Reply 15
I am going to set myself a mock to do by myself on

23rd of April : Unit 5 Chemistry Paper/ Unit 2 Biology paper
24th: Unit 5 Biology Paper / Unit 1 Biology paper
25th: Unit 4 Chemistry Paper/ Unit 4 Biology Paper
Hey Freya! I'm on a similar path to you, need to meet my offer of 3As, for me to study medicine at Southampton and possibly Bristol. I need some advise though, I go to the library to study and my friend wants to join me. She distracts me easily and us highly un-motivated. What should I do? Need some like-minded advice!
i wish i had your motivaion
Everyone is motivated by their own reasons. Sorry to tell you a life story, but during my GCSE exams my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer. My life completely changed I walked out with decent marks but I couldn't attend my preferred sixth form in order to stay close to home to care for my dad. I became a young carer. My school took no notice of this, I got into detention a lot for being late after my dad's daytime carer was late a lot. The deputy head also forgot to advise my teachers about my caring responsibilities. I felt lost. I had a dream to get into medical school though. I fought hard and when my dad deteriorated I used to revise in a chair next to his bed in hospital during my AS exams. Unfortunately my dad passed away in June last year during my exams. I was there when it happened and the image will haunt me for the rest of my life. Dealing with grief is the hardest exam I ever had to take. I got 4 Bs at AS, which was a downer but an achievement in itself with everything I had to go through. When I got back my school weren't supportive of my medical school application. My biology teacher predicted me a B even though I would have got an A if my teachers had marked my coursework correctly.My deputy head insinuated that I was emotionally unstable to make an application this year. So I did my biology coursework at another centre! Quite bold, but I had no room for incompetence. The school then banned me from taking biology lessons and exams at school for doing my coursework at another centre. So I now have to learn biology by myself at home! Despite what my school said I got 2 interviews at Southampton and Bristol. And a place at Southampton. Still haven't heard from Bristol!Getting A*s would be the 2 fingers to my school for all the support they gave me!
Eh... I'll read this later...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending