The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston University 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LionKing101
Hi,

Do you know when Kingston University will start sending offers for Science Foundation Year?

Thanks.

Hi LionKing101,

Unfortunately this is down to admissions tutors and can vary from faculty to faculty. Hold tight and someone will get back to you soon!

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by haonej
Im really torn between going to either Kingston or Brunel university...
Pros/Cons of the two??

Hi haonej,

Do you have any questions about life as a Kingston student or specific courses? I'll do my best to help.

Student Ambassador
Reply 82
Original post by Kingston University
Hi Stecher,

Don't panic! It may just be taking longer to go through applications than first thought. I know how stressful it can be waiting for replies but waiting doesn't necessarily mean that you aren't going to be offered a place.

I hope this helps,

Student Ambassador

Ahh that's reassuring! Thank you! :smile:
Reply 83
Hi haonej,

Do you have any questions about life as a Kingston student or specific courses? I'll do my best to help.

Student Ambassador

I'm thinking more in terms of the student life/accommodation types/facilities at the uni

Also how far is it to central London

How much money would you spend in a month? Say for your rent/food/going out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Hi deniakp,

It's great to hear you've applied! Unfortunately we're not told when offers will be given as it's down to the individual tutors.

Student Ambassador

I haven't taken my IELTS exams yet. Do you know what is the deadline that I can provide you my results? For example i found this at another university's site ;
" If you are made an offer, you must provide us with your qualifications by 31 August 2016 " but i can't find anything at your site.
Thank you! :smile:
Original post by deniakp
I haven't taken my IELTS exams yet. Do you know what is the deadline that I can provide you my results? For example i found this at another university's site ;
" If you are made an offer, you must provide us with your qualifications by 31 August 2016 " but i can't find anything at your site.
Thank you! :smile:

Hi deniakp,

I would suggest contacting our admissions department as they will have all the information you need. Their contact details are:

Applicant ServicesFor general enquiries about applications and admissions.

Tel: 0844 855 2177 (for callers in the UK only) or +44 (0)20 8328 1148 (for callers outside the UK)

Good Luck with your test!

Student Ambassador
Original post by haonej
I'm thinking more in terms of the student life/accommodation types/facilities at the uni

Also how far is it to central London

How much money would you spend in a month? Say for your rent/food/going out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi haonej,

That's fine. We have a lot of facilities, I can be more specific if you let me know what you're looking for.

In my first year I spent £120 a week in halls rent, £10-15 a week on food (cooking for myself) and going out really depends on what you want to do although a lot of students find drinking fairly cheap in Kingston, particularly in the student bars. Kingston station is 25 minutes from London Waterloo and Surbiton is 15-20.

Please let me know if you have any more questions,

Student Ambassador
Reply 87
Hi deniakp,

I would suggest contacting our admissions department as they will have all the information you need. Their contact details are:

Applicant ServicesFor general enquiries about applications and admissions.

Tel: 0844 855 2177 (for callers in the UK only) or +44 (0)20 8328 1148 (for callers outside the UK)

Good Luck with your test!

Student Ambassador

Alright, thank you very much! :biggrin:
Reply 88
I also want to ask something else. Approximmately how many people apply for foundation in art and design at your university and how many get accepted? I am starting to worry about my portfolio that it won't be too good to get in :<
Reply 89
Is anyone else applying from abroad missing the applicant days ?:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by haonej
Is anyone else applying from abroad missing the applicant days ?:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

when are the applicant days?
Original post by deniakp
I also want to ask something else. Approximmately how many people apply for foundation in art and design at your university and how many get accepted? I am starting to worry about my portfolio that it won't be too good to get in :<

Hi deniakp, Our art and design course is very popular and we do get a high number of applications - however, each portfolio is looked at individually and in depth. If your portfolio meets the required standard, there’s nothing to worry about. Good luck with your application! Chloe :smile: Student Ambassador
Reply 92
Hi deniakp, Our art and design course is very popular and we do get a high number of applications - however, each portfolio is looked at individually and in depth. If your portfolio meets the required standard, there’s nothing to worry about. Good luck with your application! Chloe :smile: Student Ambassador

ok, thank you very much chloe! :smile:
Reply 93
Original post by deniakp
when are the applicant days?

24 feb and 19 march
Reply 94
Original post by haonej
24 feb and 19 march

ok, thanks!
Hi LionKing101,

Unfortunately this is down to admissions tutors and can vary from faculty to faculty. Hold tight and someone will get back to you soon!

Student Ambassador

For the Science Foundation Year, how is the day to day routine like?

How are the lectures like? How long is each lecture?

How many students are accepted? How many students are there in each class?

Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LionKing101
For the Science Foundation Year, how is the day to day routine like?

How are the lectures like? How long is each lecture?

How many students are accepted? How many students are there in each class?

Thanks

Hi LionKing101,

Each year the course will change and therefore so will the day to day routine and lectures.

On the course page you can see an overview of the modules form this year which will be same or similar next year. Lectures are around 2-3 hours long.

Again the number of students that are accepted differs from year to year, also impacting the number of people in each lecture.

I hope this helps,

Student Ambassador
Reply 97
Hey, I've got an interview for illustration and animation next week but I'm not sure about the portfolio guidelines, what it says on the course's page is a bit confusing. Is there a minimum or maximum amount of pages or is it in the amount of pieces themselves? On the course page it says 'A volume of 10–15 sleeves providing 20–30 sides should be enough to represent yourself' but I'm not sure whether by sleeves or sides it means pages or not? Thanks!
Reply 98
Hello
I am graduated from masters of architecture in Turkey and want to do another masters in Uk
I have some questions to ask.
firstly, I wonder when are the deadlines for applications and are they online as well? should the initial application contain the Portfolio of ours, or will it be required afterwards?
and also my IELTS is 3 year old and expired I guess, I took part in 2013. does the university accept the old one as conditional till I get the new one?
and at last, for the initial application is my Master degree's transcript enough or should I attach my Bachelor's transcript as well?
I would be happy to get your answers
Reply 99
I still haven't had an email about an Applicant day. I've phoned up many times at different points in the day and keep getting put through to about 4 departments then nobody answers, I sent an email 2 weeks ago to the relevant department and have not had a response and the website is no use at all. The poor communication is really putting me off this uni :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending