The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bye bye Mata.

:frown:
Interesting that this morning Ferguson and Charlton have been championing Pochetinno. Unsure what their end game is really, but it seems certain characters within the structure of the club are hellbent on never seeing Mourinho at the helm. Could prove very, very corrosive when he eventually takes charge.
I'd like to see Mourinho build a dynasty that dominates Europe, and puts United up there with Bayern, Barca, and Real Madrid as it should be.
I'm happy LVG is leaving respectfully, it would be quite sad (although deserved) for him to end his career with the sack so this is good for all parties in that LVG leaves respectfully and his successor (probably Jose) gets a whole pre-season and a summer transfer window to buy players and get to know them.

*Ignore above if this is all media bs :tongue:
How do you guys feel about your chances of finishing top 4?

6 points off 4th place and worse GD with 13 games to go.

Was looking at your fixture list and it's not the easiest..
Original post by Zerforax
How do you guys feel about your chances of finishing top 4?

6 points off 4th place and worse GD with 13 games to go.

Was looking at your fixture list and it's not the easiest..

Top 4 was gone when we lost to Southampton, and confirmed when Leicester beat City. Hopefully we avoid Europa though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KeyToSuccess
Top 4 was gone when we lost to Southampton, and confirmed when Leicester beat City. Hopefully we avoid Europa though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well you play all 4 teams above you which gives you every chance to pull all of them 3 points closer?
Well you play all 4 teams above you which gives you every chance to pull all of them 3 points closer?

We're not catching City or Arsenal, Leicester and Spurs are too far ahead and in too good form for us to catch them either. Tbh we should just go all out in Europa as that's our best bet of qualifying for the CL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We can get top 4 if we finish the season strongly, 5 points is nothing in the grand scheme of things and we still have to play Arsenal, City, Spurs and Leicester so we're still in with a chance...

Although I don't think we can string a run of results together, it feels like a "possession" performance is just around the corner :colondollar:
Best of luck guys.
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
We can get top 4 if we finish the season strongly, 5 points is nothing in the grand scheme of things and we still have to play Arsenal, City, Spurs and Leicester so we're still in with a chance...

Although I don't think we can string a run of results together, it feels like a "possession" performance is just around the corner :colondollar:

7 points if you consider goal difference.

You also play the likes of West Ham, Everton, Watford, Crystal Palace etc

Missing 2 years of CL football in 3 years and getting knocked out in the group stages isn't really conducive to attracting the best players..
Original post by Mackay
Interesting that this morning Ferguson and Charlton have been championing Pochetinno. Unsure what their end game is really, but it seems certain characters within the structure of the club are hellbent on never seeing Mourinho at the helm. Could prove very, very corrosive when he eventually takes charge.

There is no stopping the Knights of Old Trafford. They are the true masters. Sir Bobby especially I reckon.

The only reason Anderson stayed so long is cause he had a great relationship with Fergie.
7 points if you consider goal difference.

You also play the likes of West Ham, Everton, Watford, Crystal Palace etc

Missing 2 years of CL football in 3 years and getting knocked out in the group stages isn't really conducive to attracting the best players..

Completely agree we have a tough run in but in recent times LVG has performed best when he's under pressure and when we need wins instead of wanting wins, and Rooney has finally found his form which always helps.

But lets be honest, the current top 4 are deserving of their places on the table - we have not been good enough to warrant a top 4 spot in terms of our football, the current top 4 have played some great football which should be applauded.
Original post by trapking
Bye bye Mata.

:frown:

I don't think he'll make the same mistake again, he dropped Mata for Oscar who played so poorly against us :tongue: Mata is a integral part of the Spanish trio, if Jose sells one the rest could want to follow him out of the door - imagine De Gea losing his best mate, he'd be crying all the way back to Spain :colonhash:

Also since we signed Mata I don't think he's said anything bad about Jose and Jose vice versa so its not like they have a poisonous relationship.
I don't think he'll make the same mistake again, he dropped Mata for Oscar who played so poorly against us :tongue: Mata is a integral part of the Spanish trio, if Jose sells one the rest could want to follow him out of the door - imagine De Gea losing his best mate, he'd be crying all the way back to Spain :colonhash:

Also since we signed Mata I don't think he's said anything bad about Jose and Jose vice versa so its not like they have a poisonous relationship.

My God you do not know about José Mourinho. :sigh:

He dropped Casillas(rightly so) and the Madrid squad had a fit because of it. What makes you think he won't drop Mata considering his idea of a team generally requires defensive stability?

Also lol at using one bad Oscar performance when he's playing out of position the whole game while Mata is playing in his correct position to justify your argument.

Next, Walcott is better than Bale(when Bale's at LB and Walcott's at ST) because Walcott scores more goals when Arsenal face Real.
(edited 8 years ago)
Completely agree we have a tough run in but in recent times LVG has performed best when he's under pressure and when we need wins instead of wanting wins, and Rooney has finally found his form which always helps.

But lets be honest, the current top 4 are deserving of their places on the table - we have not been good enough to warrant a top 4 spot in terms of our football, the current top 4 have played some great football which should be applauded.

Yea does seem like you're hitting form at the right time. Well performances can only be judged after 38 games. Other clubs have fallen away dramatically in the final stretch before.

Original post by jam277
My God you do not know about José Mourinho. :sigh:

He dropped Casillas(rightly so) and the Madrid squad had a fit because of it. What makes you think he won't drop Mata considering his idea of a team generally requires defensive stability?

Also lol at using one bad Oscar performance when he's playing out of position the whole game while Mata is playing in his correct position to justify your argument.

Next, Walcott is better than Bale(when Bale's at LB and Walcott's at ST) because Walcott scores more goals when Arsenal face Real.

Mourinho likely to drop Mata and Rooney imo..
Mourinho likely to drop Mata and Rooney imo..

Unsure on Rooney, that's wholly dependent on his form when he starts the season and whether Mourinho is able to attract or utilise somebody as a high quality forward on the wing(Depay + New signing?). He did similar to Ashley Cole.
(edited 8 years ago)
Can't wait for Mou, he's the best manager in the world. We should give him all the money and time that he needs, so that he can stay at the club for 15 years and we can dominate the world once again. I would not care if he finished 15th in his first season with us, Mou is a genius and league title/CL's are close to guaranteed.
I guess Mourinho will be able to spend 250M and utilise it much better than LVG.

Mourinho is his own downfall though.
Reply 4219
something tells me jam is jelly

Latest