The Student Room Group

good kid, maad city - a small-town kid's A-level journey

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SaadKaleem
Good Luck with achieving those grades, I'm sure you'll be able to achieve them! :smile:

Thank you Saad! What are you currently studying? When's your A2?

Original post by PlayerBB
Good luck on your goals, you can do it!!

Thank you so much. I realised we'll be giving chem 5 together so do help me out 'cause I'm pretty shite in it (i've got a mock tomorrow as well...) :tongue:
Original post by aymanzayedmannan

Thank you so much. I realised we'll be giving chem 5 together so do help me out 'cause I'm pretty shite in it (i've got a mock tomorrow as well...) :tongue:

No problem :smile: and Yeah sure!! I still haven't finished it though but we can help each other out and hope we'll get the A*
Good luck with your mock and tell us how it goes :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by PlayerBB
No problem :smile: and Yeah sure!! I still haven't finished it though but we can help each other out and hope we'll get the A*
Good luck with your mock and tell us how it goes :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's actually not that bad. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to find chemistry a lot easier than physics. It's like 3 chapters and if your organic is strong, you're set! How was Unit 4 for you this January? I hear it's really difficult to finish that paper.
Reply 23
It's actually not that bad. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to find chemistry a lot easier than physics. It's like 3 chapters and if your organic is strong, you're set! How was Unit 4 for you this January? I hear it's really difficult to finish that paper.

Blasphemy. :hand:
Reply 24
UCAS update: MEng offer from Uni of Southampton - A*AA (with an A* in either Maths or Physics A-level) :flute:
Reply 25
UCAS update: MEng offer from Uni of Southampton - A*AA (with an A* in either Maths or Physics A-level) :flute:

CONGRATULATIONS! :biggrin:

That's great. :-)
Reply 26
Original post by Zacken
Blasphemy. :hand:

Please Zain, wait till you've started A2 Physics.

By the way I'm required to register for June soon. When are you doing it?

Oh, and merci. :biggrin:
Reply 27
Please Zain, wait till you've started A2 Physics.

By the way I'm required to register for June soon. When are you doing it?

Oh, and merci. :biggrin:

You're applying for Mech. Eng, stop praising Chem. :rofl:

My centre says ~26th Feb, you?

:biggrin:

Nice!!!
Reply 29
Original post by Zacken
You're applying for Mech. Eng, stop praising Chem. :rofl:

My centre says ~26th Feb, you?

:biggrin:

The deadline is 7th March here but my school wants the $$$ asap. It's before Jan results - how do we know what to retake? :frown:

Original post by Student403
Nice!!!

Thank you mate!! The tuition isn't as bad as I thought it'd be.
Reply 30
The deadline is 7th March here but my school wants the $$$ asap. It's before Jan results - how do we know what to retake? :frown:

Argh, that's really dumb. You only took three exams in Jan, didn't you? F1, M2 and S1, right? We both know you bagged S1 and M2, so that's out of the way. Only thing that might need consideration for re-taking is F1, 'innit?

...I just realised that this means I won't know what to retake or not either. I didn't that of that earlier. Great. :rolleyes:
Original post by Zacken
Argh, that's really dumb. You only took three exams in Jan, didn't you? F1, M2 and S1, right? We both know you bagged S1 and M2, so that's out of the way. Only thing that might need consideration for re-taking is F1, 'innit?

...I just realised that this means I won't know what to retake or not either. I didn't that of that earlier. Great. :rolleyes:

How much is it for you guys from the UK?
Reply 32

As in, exam fees? I'm not from the UK. :tongue:
Original post by Zacken
As in, exam fees? I'm not from the UK. :tongue:

Ohh do you not pay UK exam fees? Wait do you go to school in Mauritius? :redface:
Reply 34
Ohh do you not pay UK exam fees? Wait do you go to school in Mauritius? :redface:

Well, I pay my exam centre, who then pays the exam boards as well as keep some to themselves for invigilators and stuff? I think that's how it works. I don't go to school, but yeah - I live in Mauritius and take my exams in Mauritius. In Jan I sat for ~11 modules and paid ~550 quid.
Reply 35
Original post by Zacken

Well, I'm glad F1 isn't an A2 unit so it doesn't contribute to the A*. But realistically speaking, I hope M2 went as well as I think it did. I don't really mind S1 because it might go to my straight Maths. I'll talk to my exams officer in school but I think he'll just end up screaming at me (he's a small, angry, sarcastic man...) Why don't you try asking your centre as well? I think there's a late registration system but each module is double the cost if you register late.

It got a little cheaper this year for IAL. It's about 47 GDP per module, so I'll be paying around 550 total I think. My brother is also doing his IGCSEs this year so money's tight and I'm hoping I don't need to retake.
Reply 36
Original post by Zacken
Well, I pay my exam centre, who then pays the exam boards as well as keep some to themselves for invigilators and stuff? I think that's how it works. I don't go to school, but yeah - I live in Mauritius and take my exams in Mauritius. In Jan I sat for ~11 modules and paid ~550 quid.

You guys don't have a British Council in Mauritius? How did you register for STEP?
Original post by Zacken

50 quid an exam isn't bad, damn! I go to school and for us it's over 100 pounds per exam :rofl: It's ridiculous honestly.

Well, I'm glad F1 isn't an A2 unit so it doesn't contribute to the A*. But realistically speaking, I hope M2 went as well as I think it did. I don't really mind S1 because it might go to my straight Maths. I'll talk to my exams officer in school but I think he'll just end up screaming at me (he's a small, angry, sarcastic man...) Why don't you try asking your centre as well? I think there's a late registration system but each module is double the cost if you register late.

It got a little cheaper this year for IAL. It's about 47 GDP per module, so I'll be paying around 550 total I think. My brother is also doing his IGCSEs this year so money's tight and I'm hoping I don't need to retake.

Ahh I gotcha. Hopefully bro :smile:
Reply 38

Eurgh, are all exam officers like that? Yikes, is the late fee that bad? Oh man, this blows.
You guys don't have a British Council in Mauritius? How did you register for STEP?
I think I do, I don't know - I find it much easier to go through the exam centre (there's only one in Mauritius... :rolleyes: ). I did STEP with them as well. I spoke to them a few days ago, they have no clue what ResultsPlus is so I'll be waiting for ages for the paper copy for my results. Joy. It's a government-run centre, so everybody is lazy and doesn't really care about the work. Makes life more difficult than it needs to be. :lol:
Reply 39
50 quid an exam isn't bad, damn! I go to school and for us it's over 100 pounds per exam :rofl: It's ridiculous honestly.:smile:

:zomg: wtf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending