The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Manchester United
Can't wait for Mou, he's the best manager in the world. We should give him all the money and time that he needs, so that he can stay at the club for 15 years and we can dominate the world once again. I would not care if he finished 15th in his first season with us, Mou is a genius and league title/CL's are close to guaranteed.

2 league titles, 0 CLs in 6 seasons since 09-10. 3 of those seasons with the richest team in the world, 2 of those seasons with the best team in England, the other season shaped by (and a failure due to) his transfer policy.
Reply 4221
something tells me pimped is jelly
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
2 league titles, 0 CLs in 6 seasons since 09-10. 3 of those seasons with the richest team in the world, 2 of those seasons with the best team in England, the other season shaped by (and a failure due to) his transfer policy.

That season you're talking about is it 13/14 where he went retard and decides that Torres and a 32 year old Eto'o are better players to have in the side than Lukaku?

He also tried to buy Rooney ffs. Thank God Moyes had faith in him.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jam277
I guess Mourinho will be able to spend 250M and utilise it much better than LVG

Or have his pick of the strikers in Europe and choose to sign Samuel Eto'o, then use it as an excuse
Original post by jam277
That season you're talking about is it 13/14 where he went retard and decides that Torres and a 32 year old Eto'o are better players to have in the side than Lukaku?

He also tried to buy Rooney ffs. Thank God Moyes had faith in him.

The worst bit about that season, even after the horrific transfer policy, is that he had a genuinely good goalscorer in Ba, and even Eto'o was scoring 1 every 140 minutes, but he underused them both out of faith for Torres' work rate and then tried to blame the club's transfer choices.
Reply 4225
jelly jelly jelly

Retarded post, retarded poster.

At RM he was up against one of the best club sides to ever exist, the fact he won the Copa Del Rey and La Liga against them is a truly great achievement.

Chelsea were not the best team in England. City have been the best for the last four years, but Mourinho made Chelsea into an efficient machine that churned out results.

Then we can go back to his Porto, Chelsea Part I and Inter days, which you would rather not talk about?

Mourinho is GOAT, deal with it.
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
I don't think he'll make the same mistake again, he dropped Mata for Oscar who played so poorly against us :tongue: Mata is a integral part of the Spanish trio, if Jose sells one the rest could want to follow him out of the door - imagine De Gea losing his best mate, he'd be crying all the way back to Spain :colonhash:

Also since we signed Mata I don't think he's said anything bad about Jose and Jose vice versa so its not like they have a poisonous relationship.

:cry2:

Not a fan of mourinho at all (he will bench Mata I just know it...there's a little bit of friction between the two)...I still don't want him as man utd manager if im honest but it sounds inevitable at this point :frown:

On another note this made me laugh. The media are such scum.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9SmBNQZWmnE[/video]
The worst bit about that season, even after the horrific transfer policy, is that he had a genuinely good goalscorer in Ba, and even Eto'o was scoring 1 every 140 minutes, but he underused them both out of faith for Torres' work rate and then tried to blame the club's transfer choices.

Exactly. Like the entire season I was just ****ing pissed that Ba was on the bench.

Then when Lukaku is scoring goals for fun at Everton he says 'scoring goals for Everton is different from scoring goals for Chelsea' like what kinda narcissist says that?

Or have his pick of the strikers in Europe and choose to sign Samuel Eto'o, then use it as an excuse

Yeah. Then when Eto'o is benched(despite his decent goalscoring rate) he then gets caught slagging off the entire strike force and detailing the plans for next season ffs.
Original post by trapking
:cry2:

Not a fan of mourinho at all (he will bench Mata I just know it...there's a little bit of friction between the two)...I still don't want him as man utd manager if im honest but it sounds inevitable at this point :frown:

On another note this made me laugh. The media are such scum.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9SmBNQZWmnE[/video]

I still love Van Gaal, what a boss.
I still love Van Gaal, what a boss.

Ikr love how he handles the media, owns them everytime!!! LVGOAT :biggrin: :lol:

At RM he was up against one of the best club sides to ever exist, the fact he won the Copa Del Rey and La Liga against them is a truly great achievement.

Chelsea were not the best team in England. City have been the best for the last four years, but Mourinho made Chelsea into an efficient machine that churned out results.

Then we can go back to his Porto, Chelsea Part I and Inter days, which you would rather not talk about?

Lool after spending 300M and also including the loads of money that Pellegrini spent on Ronaldo/Benzema/Arbeloa/Alonso that were part of the spine of Mourinho's team.

Chelsea were the best team in England in 14/15 and are the best team in England this season player personnel wise. He done a Van Gaal Barcelona 02/03(arguably worse) with the team. He got man thinking that we shouldn't be expecting wins at home to Soton and Bournemouth ffs.

He conveniently forgot 09/10 because you use a manager's recent history to determine whether they're a good fit. Otherwise Fergie's a terrible manager based on his early United history and Clough would have got Wimbledon winning the CL in 1992. Or Wenger can get the current Arsenal side to be unbeaten in the PL until next year.
(edited 8 years ago)
Good luck on premier league this year :s-smilie:

lmfao at calling his Madrid days great. Conveniently forget losing to Dortmund and Bayern in the CL, and the cess pit he left Madrid in.

I don't disagree that Mourinho used to be a great manager, he was my favourite and an inspiration. His achievements from 04-10 are truly unbelievable. You're blind if you think he's not losing his touch since then though. His record is utterly questionable since.
Original post by jam277
Lool after spending 300M and also including the loads of money that Pellegrini spent on Ronaldo/Benzema/Arbeloa/Alonso that were part of the spine of Mourinho's team.

Chelsea were the best team in England in 14/15 and are the best team in England this season player personnel wise. He done a Van Gaal Barcelona 02/03 with the team.

He conveniently forgot 09/10 because you use a manager's recent history to determine whether they're a good fit. Otherwise Fergie's a terrible manager based on his early United history and Clough would have got Wimbledon winning the CL in 1992.

So Wenger is not a 'good fit'? Jam this is a really poor post from you. You obviously have to consider their entire career and weigh up downfalls and achievements, you can't just exclude everything before a certain point just in order to bolster your argument.
lmfao at calling his Madrid days great. Conveniently forget losing to Dortmund and Bayern in the CL, and the cess pit he left Madrid in.

I don't disagree that Mourinho used to be a great manager, he was my favourite and an inspiration. His achievements from 04-10 are truly unbelievable. You're blind if you think he's not losing his touch since then though. His record is utterly questionable since.

There is no shame in losing to Dortmund and Bayern, they are fantastic sides. Madrid would take Mou back in a heart beat. How is he losing his touch when he stormed the league, only last season, you nonce?
Original post by Kenan and Kel
There is no stopping the Knights of Old Trafford. They are the true masters. Sir Bobby especially I reckon.

The only reason Anderson stayed so long is cause he had a great relationship with Fergie.

Palpatine and Vader.

LVG's Grievous, and Giggs is Kylo Ren.

Wondering how far I can take this analogy...

Depay is Jar Jar?
There is no shame in losing to Dortmund and Bayern, they are fantastic sides. Madrid would take Mou back in a heart beat. How is he losing his touch when he stormed the league, only last season, you nonce?

He barely stormed the league, came up against no opposition and lived off Costa's ridiculous shot accuracy in the first half of the season. Dreary performances second half of the season. He's losing his touch because of the facts, which are 2 league titles, 0 CLs, in 6 seasons with the richest team in the world, and the best team in England. #facts

I questioned Mourinho and his record well before he was linked to United.
So Wenger is not a 'good fit'? Jam this is a really poor post from you. You obviously have to consider their entire career and weigh up downfalls and achievements, you can't just exclude everything before a certain point just in order to bolster your argument.

I'm considering his entire career.

Wenger is actually a good fit for United as he would at least get them in the top 4 and you also consider the fact he's been paying a £400M stadium for a decade so he has extenuating circumstances unlike Mou who has not had that setback of keeping a club financially stable while having to win trophies.

Chelsea in 07/08 were going in a similar direction to this current Chelsea team if you look at results anyway. He sold Robben and replaced him with Malouda ffs. He got rid of all the pace in the Chelsea team by selling Duff and Robben.

Finally as you know his style of management is short termist.
He barely stormed the league, came up against no opposition and lived off Costa's ridiculous shot accuracy in the first half of the season. Dreary performances second half of the season. He's losing his touch because of the facts, which are 2 league titles, 0 CLs, in 6 seasons with the richest team in the world, and the best team in England. #facts

I questioned Mourinho and his record well before he was linked to United.

Chelsea spent 274 days at the top of the league - and won it, how is that not storming the league?

Stop quoting me.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest