The Student Room Group

Ngdp lga 2015/16

Scroll to see replies

Anyone taking the plunge and doing this sooner rather than later? I've got a different assessment centre on Monday so probably won't be doing it until at least after that, but would rather not leave it until the last available opportunity!!!
Reply 101
Original post by Nightwing_
Anyone taking the plunge and doing this sooner rather than later? I've got a different assessment centre on Monday so probably won't be doing it until at least after that, but would rather not leave it until the last available opportunity!!!

Yeah I'm planning on doing mine tomorrow! Just freaking out about how much to prepare. Any way to find out how long it is or how many questions there are?
Original post by abc:)
Yeah I'm planning on doing mine tomorrow! Just freaking out about how much to prepare. Any way to find out how long it is or how many questions there are?

I don't think there is any way to find out how many questions. But I'm pretty sure I've read to expect it to last approximately 15-20 mins, so in a sense I wouldn't imagine there is that much that can be asked in that time. Especially if some of that time is actually listening to the questions!
I was going to wait for someone to do it and report back here what it is like...hope I get through this nonsense as I think I'd stand a decent chance as anyone at an actual assessment centre.
I'm aiming to do it this weekend. Working on some possible questions just now
Could anyone that has done the video interview recommend the sort of questions to prepare for?
Reply 106
Anyone who's done it, let us know how it went!! I'm doing mine next weds I think
Okay, so it's actually not too bad. There are only 3 questions you need to answer and you can re-record your answer as many times as you want. But that can take quite a while if you obsess over every little detail like I did, spending 2 hours or more for what was 4:30 minutes of video time.
Reply 108
Original post by Marius Pui
Okay, so it's actually not too bad. There are only 3 questions you need to answer and you can re-record your answer as many times as you want. But that can take quite a while if you obsess over every little detail like I did, spending 2 hours or more for what was 4:30 minutes of video time.

Thanks for that :smile:

Any advice on how to prepare?
Reply 109
Doing mine in a bit guys I'll let you know how it goes :smile:
Doing mine in a bit guys I'll let you know how it goes :smile:

Good luck with it!
Reply 111
Original post by Nightwing_
Good luck with it!

Thanks! The fact that you can re-record yourself as many times as you like makes it a whole lot easier, you can totally prepare what you want to say, it made me a lot less nervous.

Without giving too much away the questions I had were very specific to council rather than more general 'what are your best qualities' etc. type questions.

Also I did a lot of writing down / brainstorming etc. which helped a lot.

The only thing is, I spent a long time over the second question, so while my first video is recorded in daylight, the other two are artificial light!! I think that's a bit of a give away but hopefully they don't mind...!
Thanks! The fact that you can re-record yourself as many times as you like makes it a whole lot easier, you can totally prepare what you want to say, it made me a lot less nervous.

Without giving too much away the questions I had were very specific to council rather than more general 'what are your best qualities' etc. type questions.

The only thing is, I spent a long time over the second question, so while my first video is recorded in daylight, the other two are artificial light!! I think that's a bit of a give away but hopefully they don't mind...!

Great advice, thank you! I am sure they don't mind. I will tackle it tomorrow I think :smile:
Reply 113
Original post by Marwin123
Great advice, thank you! I am sure they don't mind. I will tackle it tomorrow I think :smile:

Good luck and let us know how it goes :smile:
do you have to complete to one question at a time or can you go all the way through and then go back and re-recoded questions 1? just thinking in terms of how best to plan.

Thank you and good luck everyone

Thanks for the tip!

Do you mean they were asking about the specific council you want to end up in, rather than just general local government?
Reply 116
Original post by Chris_Tang
Thanks for the tip!

Do you mean they were asking about the specific council you want to end up in, rather than just general local government?

No just general local government but very specific to that environment rather than specific to me as a person
Reply 117
Anyone know when we might hear back? At the end of the test and on the website it said something about the end of February but I think this is info from last year. In my email it just says XXX where the date should be!
Anyone know when we might hear back? At the end of the test and on the website it said something about the end of February but I think this is info from last year. In my email it just says XXX where the date should be!

Haha, weird. In my email it says "by 29th February 2016"
has the system just crashed for anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending