Durham
Visit website
Original post by sblack0
Congrats! When did you apply?

I think it was a few days before the Oxbridge deadline.. around October 12th
Original post by sanesh_26
Offer for BSc mathematics!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay!!!! A fellow mathematician - which college did you apply to?
Just got an offer for English and History
Original post by sarahmcallister
Just got an offer for English and History

Congratulations! Is Durham your first choice? Which college have you applied to?
Original post by Katie Sharratt
Offer for biomedical science last night!!

Congrats! What college did you apply to?
Original post by Pauli14
Congrats! What college did you apply to?

St cuthberts! You??
St cuthberts! You??

Collingwood! Is Durham your firm?
Original post by scratchedpaw
Yay!!!! A fellow mathematician - which college did you apply to?

Jos butler. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sanesh_26
Jos butler. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hatfield, I like old buildings - still waiting to be allocated though hahaha
Original post by Pauli14
Collingwood! Is Durham your firm?

Yeah! Is it yours ?
Original post by mazzaion
Congratulations! Is Durham your first choice? Which college have you applied to?

Yes I think so. I applied to St. Cuthbert's, what about you?
(edited 8 years ago)
Just been made an offer for Ancient History with AAA - applied for AMMH so not too sure what happened there but am thrilled nonetheless :smile:

I am just awaiting confirmation that no mistake has been made. I emailed the admissions office to check as a) I have never heard of this happening before, b) as I don't study ancient history currently I'm a tad surprised that they have decided to make me an offer for just that and c) UCAS has been down recently and I'm paranoid that might have made something go wrong! Has this happened to anybody else/ has anyone heard of this happening? I'm really happy but at the same time mildly confused - I certainly was not expecting that!!!
Original post by wryter_reeda
Just been made an offer for Ancient History with AAA - applied for AMMH so not too sure what happened there but am thrilled nonetheless :smile:

I am just awaiting confirmation that no mistake has been made. I emailed the admissions office to check as a) I have never heard of this happening before, b) as I don't study ancient history currently I'm a tad surprised that they have decided to make me an offer for just that and c) UCAS has been down recently and I'm paranoid that might have made something go wrong! Has this happened to anybody else/ has anyone heard of this happening? I'm really happy but at the same time mildly confused - I certainly was not expecting that!!!

davidjoness comment number 1709 has had the same thing happen to him
Original post by sarahmcallister
Yes I think so. I applied to St. Cuthbert's, what about you?

I haven't got a decision yet but Classics at St Chads' :smile:
Original post by mazzaion
I haven't got a decision yet but Classics at St Chads' :smile:

I was really tempted to take Classics but I couldn't give up English literature. I hope you hear soon

I know someone who got offered physics and geography at Durham because all the places for physics alone were taken up, even though they didn't do A level geography. If they like your application but can't find a space for you they'll give you an offer for a similar subject. So they must have run out of places on AMMH but wanted to have you as a Durham student.
(edited 8 years ago)

I had this happen to me today, I was surprised as well and I've also emailed them. I'm assuming it's because of the limited number of places on the other course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah! Is it yours ?

I really want it to be!! It's the one I'm most excited about but I'm still waiting to hear from Edinburgh and St Andrews. Being EU I don't pay tuition fees in Scotland so I really have to think about it. But yeah I really want to firm Durham😍
Original post by Pauli14
I really want it to be!! It's the one I'm most excited about but I'm still waiting to hear from Edinburgh and St Andrews. Being EU I don't pay tuition fees in Scotland so I really have to think about it. But yeah I really want to firm Durham😍

I'm waiting on St Andrews as well and have the same dilemma with the fees..... I think if I didn't take that into account, I would choose Durham... but it is such a massive point to consider. I'm going to go visit both unis hopefully in March and then decide! Are you leaning more towards one rather than the other? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending