The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
Hi folks,
Bit of a strange question, but has anyone experienced one of their universities change their course? I had chosen physiotherapy but they have changed it to sports rehabilitation??? I did originally choose physio' and I do have a screen shot showing this... Cheers!
Reply 1161
Original post by T0m89
Hi folks,
Bit of a strange question, but has anyone experienced one of their universities change their course? I had chosen physiotherapy but they have changed it to sports rehabilitation??? I did originally choose physio' and I do have a screen shot showing this... Cheers!

Did you mention a lot about sport in your PS?
Reply 1162
Original post by rebec1
Did you mention a lot about sport in your PS?

A little, but I have interviews at MMU, Cardiff and Liverpool? The sports stuff I've mentioned are related to the NHS.
Original post by R.L.W
These are just a few things you could mention in an interview that I have pretty much just copy and pasted from the internet.

The CSP is a member-led organisation, that as a professional body, provides a range of professional services, promotes learning and good practice, and supports its members to achieve continuous professional development. The CSP is also responsible for campaigning on behalf of all physiotherapy staff and the physiotherapy profession.

The society supports research into physiotherapy through the CSP Charitable Trust which funds the Physiotherapy Research Foundation. It works to build knowledge in the professions by funding research to inform clinical practice and clinical effectiveness and build research capacity in the profession by providing new researchers with opportunities to gain funding to enhance their research skills and experience.

It is also a trade union body, but I'm not sure you would need to go in to detail about that during an interview.

Any additional info, just check out their website.

Thank you sooo much this is really helpful!!
Original post by Thomas95r
Has anybody just had an email from Nottingham saying that your application is on hold?
Reckon they're just still getting through all the applications? (I applied 14th Jan!), or do you think that this is the 'maybe pile'?

I applied in October and I'm still waiting for Nottingham along with a few others on this thread. They do seem to be taking their time but I wouldn't worry about it.
Reply 1165
Original post by Zaclowton
I applied in October and I'm still waiting for Nottingham along with a few others on this thread. They do seem to be taking their time but I wouldn't worry about it.

Last year Nottingham let most people know around the middle of February and then had an offer holders open day at the end of March so it should be too much longer before people start hearing back
I got an offer from QMU in Edinburgh today, I am so excited!!!!!!!!
Original post by amymarshall
Heeey! I had interviews for Cardiff and UWE mid-December and I got an offer from Cardiff a couple of weeks ago and one from UWE last week! So hopefully you will hear back soon! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I was just wondering what the Cardiff interview is like? mine in next week and getting very nervous for it haha. I know it is multi mini interview so does this mean the questions are all scenario based or were there some typical questions as well?
Original post by jmcwitch

I had one a couple of weeks ago! Where else have you applied?
So the wait's over! Finally heard back from all my universities! Kinda relieved now!
Original post by nerdkoala
I had one a couple of weeks ago! Where else have you applied?

Cardiff - Rejection, Robert Gordon University - Rejection, QMU - Conditional offer, Caledonian university - Still waiting
Original post by Changley
So the wait's over! Finally heard back from all my universities! Kinda relieved now!

Cant wait to be in your position!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jmcwitch

Massive congratulations!!
Original post by slurry90
Cant wait to be in your position!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but I only got one physio offer and one sport and exercise science offer... At least it makes choosing which unis easier!
I have only heard back from two of my five universities and I applied late November - anyone applied at a similar time to me and heard back from Nottingham, Northumbria or Birmingham? Panicking slightly
Original post by Changley
Yeah but I only got one physio offer and one sport and exercise science offer... At least it makes choosing which unis easier!

One offer is all you need though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by T0m89
Hi folks,

I applied to birmingham for physio, and they rejected me by sending a direct email but in the email they said we would like to consider you for sport and exercise science. Not sure if thats the same for you?
Woo hoo! Offer from Coventry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to brag but if at first you don't succeed try again next year - it is true!
Original post by Jane1296
Woo hoo! Offer from Coventry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to brag but if at first you don't succeed try again next year - it is true!

Congratulations :smile: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by slurry90
Congratulations :smile: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you and all good luck to you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending