The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Don't really understand why so many rival fans are so sour at us getting Mourinho whilst slagging him off saying he'll ruin us, have us playing boring football, etc.

Surely they should be happy if they believe that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can confirm Jam's deepest fear is to see Mourinho successful at United.
The reason Chelsea fans are so bitter about Mou@United is because all their rivals have top, elite managers. Whereas they currently have a middle-of-the-road manager; a yes man. I doubt Benitez will return, I doubt Ancelotti will ever return and Simeone will not leave Atletico, so they will have to go for a manager a level below the proven elite, like Conte, Allegri or Blanc. Allegri is probably the best option, but will he want to give up easy CV boosting at Juve?
I actually think Mourinho will be different at us than, say, at Chelsea, I doubt he will do an Eva Carneiro for instance, possible jeal because Mourinho, even as Chelsea and Real manager, has always been super complimentary towards us.
Original post by Manchester United
The reason Chelsea fans are so bitter about Mou@United is because all their rivals have top, elite managers. Whereas they currently have a middle-of-the-road manager; a yes man. I doubt Benitez will return, I doubt Ancelotti will ever return and Simeone will not leave Atletico, so they will have to go for a manager a level below the proven elite, like Conte, Allegri or Blanc. Allegri is probably the best option, but will he want to give up easy CV boosting at Juve?

I'm amazed they haven't looked at Poch, keks when they go for Ranieri.
Original post by That Bearded Man
I actually think Mourinho will be different at us than, say, at Chelsea, I doubt he will do an Eva Carneiro for instance, possible jeal because Mourinho, even as Chelsea and Real manager, has always been super complimentary towards us.

he was also super complimentary to chelsea since he left the first time.

Blind faith tbh
Have a feeling Jones will be sold this summer.

Jose will have the funds and backing to build a young team with world class potential. He tried doing that at Chelsea but funds/club prestige didn't let him (e.g. Missing out on Shaw, Martial, Pogba). Now he'll have that at United.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by WarriorOfPeace
he was also super complimentary to chelsea since he left the first time.

Blind faith tbh

That's different, as an ex-Manager he has a connection to the club, he had none for United.
That's different, as an ex-Manager he has a connection to the club, he had none for United.

I'm not seeing how you don't think an Eva-esque event is unlikely happen based on him saying nice things about United. Using this point then him having a connection with a club would only add to the idea that he shouldn't do stupid things like he did with Eva and make the club look **** (especially after he did some stupid things in his previous tenure). How does him liking United reduce the chances of that?

Here, the only thing I can see is because of some more experience following the consequences of these events that he's less likely to do them, rather than him having any natural affinity
Original post by Dirtybit

Don't be silly, Jones has the highest ceiling of any defender in history.
I'm amazed they haven't looked at Poch, keks when they go for Ranieri.
Not sure if Pochetino is the type of manager on Chelsea's radar but I genuinely wouldn't mind as I feel he would do a great job. Ranieri isn't going to go to Chelsea either, but that manager is one of the most hot and cold managers there are. Took Monaco from promotion to 2nd place in a season yet lost to Marseille in the CL as Inter manager ffs.

Original post by Dirtybit

Jose will have the funds and backing to build a young team with world class potential. He tried doing that at Chelsea but funds/club prestige didn't let him (e.g. Missing out on Shaw, Martial, Pogba). Now he'll have that at United.

He had a young team with world class potential already though with the likes of Hazard, Oscar, Costa, Matic, Zouma, Courtois.

He missed out on Shaw but Bertrand was already there so it could easily have been argued that Shaw wasn't needed, Martial José had Lukaku who's currently the better player with equal ceilings of potential. Pogba José said he was going to give Loftus Cheek a chance???

So it's down to José not the club or funds.

Original post by qasidb
Don't really understand why so many rival fans are so sour at us getting Mourinho whilst slagging him off saying he'll ruin us, have us playing boring football, etc.Surely they should be happy if they believe that?Posted from TSR Mobile
Firstly I like Manchester United as a club. If there was anything sour, it would be me being unhappy that Mourinho is potentially going to mess you lot over 2/3 years down the line. No idea how Chelsea can be blamed for the Eva Carneiro incident either. That's just silly.Allegri is an accomplished manager, as is Conté. Finally it's not just about big names, would you have classified Luis Enrique, who's tenure at Roma was nothing short of a failure as a big name manager before he went to Barcelona? It's about understanding the ethos of the club and what the club needs to progress to the next level.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm pretty sure Manchester United said that Mourinho was pretty overrated in the past, now he's saying he's the best ever
Original post by YesAllMen
I'm pretty sure Manchester United said that Mourinho was pretty overrated in the past, now he's saying he's the best ever

Opinions change as soon as someone is linked, always
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Opinions change as soon as someone is linked, always

You still Anti Mou?

Plus he's quickly running out of top clubs, he won't want to be gone too soon
Original post by jam277
You still Anti Mou?

Yeah. The potential short term success doesn't outweigh the downside that comes with Mourinho.
mou isnt even here...
Original post by scrawlx101
mou isnt even here...

It's almost close to a given that Van Gaal is likely to be leaving in the summer though. He seems like the most obvious appointment(bar for Pochettino)
Original post by scrawlx101
mou isnt even here...

u smart
pls tottenham pls release poch :lol: :ahee:

#f*ckmourinhocrew

Latest