The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Saffron_G
Hey, I have applied for Law with French, and received 4/5 of my offers (Bristol, Birmingham, Sheffield, Liverpool)...Just waiting to hear back from Nottingham! Getting slightly anxious because I expected a decision from them by now.
If anyone else has received offers from the same uni's for Law and French please let me know! :smile: xx

I've applied to two of the same universities! Bristol and Nottingham. I'm also starting to get anxious about Nottingham I havent heard back from them as well.
Reply 2321
Original post by Cholesta
Didn't get into UCL with an LNAT score of 31

But then I assume they didn't complain about it either? :smile:
Original post by IDKY
But then I assume they didn't complain about it either? :smile:

Is it worth complaining?
Would Nottingham or kings look unfavourably upon resits of yr 13 if I do not have any exenuating circumstances? Even if I got 25+ in the LNAT
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
Would Nottingham or kings look unfavourably upon resits of yr 13 if I do not have any exenuating circumstances? Even if I got 25+ in the LNAT

You mean at as level? They don't worry about these as many people resit AS to bump up their A level grades.
Original post by Cholesta
You mean at as level? They don't worry about these as many people resit AS to bump up their A level grades.

No I meant as in resiting a2 exams without exenuating circumstances
Original post by oli19919
Wow that's great! Im doing my gcses atm and hope/predict to get around 6-8A*s, would you say this is enough for Oxford law? Im coming towards the end of my notes now will start hardcore (the 'learning' part of revision) revision around mid-feb (first exam May 3rd). Would you say this is a good amount of time to get mostly/all A*s? What do you mean about the discussion about legal problems? Was it what was going on now (don't think they expect prior knowledge?)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep that's definitely enough A*s, I think Oxford place more emphasis on GCSEs than Cambridge but even then GCSEs aren't the be all and end all, AS/A Levels (I don't know whats going to happen now the government has changed AS Levels) are much more important. Yep that's definitely enough time, I did about the same, but my long term memory is much better than my short term, so I found that gradually learning throughout the 2 years helped me more than cramming in March/April.

About the interview I mean that no prior legal knowledge was required and they completely emphasised this in the interview. Rather than test legal knowledge, they gave me some legal terms and asked me to explain what I thought they meant in everyday language. Nothing in particular about current affairs was brought up by the interviewers but when asked why I wanted to study law I mentioned a current case I was interested in.
Has anyone heard back from Nottingham yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everybody,
getting very nervous!!
I have one offer from Liverpool and an interview at York at the start of March which is great but i still havent heard from my other 3!!:frown:
I have applied to Durham, Bristol and Nottingham!
I got 24 in my LNAT
im mostly concerned about Bristol as it seems a LOT of people have heard back from there:eek:
Im predicted A*AA
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by tamsinb123
Has anyone heard back from Nottingham yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not yet, no:s-smilie:
Original post by LucyABr
Not yet, no:s-smilie:

Yes, beginning of Nov, two weeks after the email. Three weeks ago they still hadn't given out the bulk of their offers. So don't worry😀
Original post by LucyABr
Hi everybody,
getting very nervous!!
I have one offer from Liverpool and an interview at York at the start of March which is great but i still havent heard from my other 3!!:frown:
I have applied to Durham, Bristol and Nottingham!
I got 24 in my LNAT
im mostly concerned about Bristol as it seems a LOT of people have heard back from there:eek:
Im predicted A*AA

When did you apply?
I applied on 14th October, predicted three A's and got 31 in the LNAT and still waiting :frown:
Original post by MaeC1998
When did you apply?
I applied on 14th October, predicted three A's and got 31 in the LNAT and still waiting :frown:

I have an offer!
Original post by MaeC1998
When did you apply?

i applied in December :frown:
Original post by Abhishek Dhawan
I have an offer!

what did you get in lnat? and what are your predicted grades, if you dont mind me asking? :smile:
Original post by LucyABr
i applied in December :frown:

I think most people are still waiting on Nottingham. I've only heard of a couple of people with offers from them so I wouldn't worry. Law at Nottingham is very popular so they're probably just taking a long time to sort through all the applicants and whittle them down to the ones they want because there are so many good ones!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abhishek Dhawan
I have an offer!

Can I ask what you got at GCSE please

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm STILL waiting for Bristol with AAA predictions and 27/42 on the LNAT - I think it's safe to say that I won't be getting an offer :frown: that was my dream uni as well - sad times.
Original post by cosmicsparrow
I'm STILL waiting for Bristol with AAA predictions and 27/42 on the LNAT - I think it's safe to say that I won't be getting an offer :frown: that was my dream uni as well - sad times.

i am still waiting too! i dont have much confidence in getting an offer either but dont give up hope yet :smile: you may not have an offer, but you havent got a rejection either!
anyone applying to bristol still waiting? if so, AS grades and LNAT score?

Latest

Trending

Trending